Super Uber

Approved after long AP? Share your experience here!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have you been in 5+ months of AP and was approved? Please, share your experience.

Where's your embassy located? Why were you in AP? How long was your AP? When you got approved .. did the embassy call you? What did they say/ask for? How long after that did you get your "Issued" status on CEAC?

Thanks.

Timeline
On 5/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, Hesham. said:

Last July, I was put into administrative processing after applying for an F1 student visa to pursue a masters degree in one of the top US universities with a full scholarship. The university extended the deadline to start my study twice but in January 2017 (after about 6 months of waiting), I missed the two deadlines & lost the scholarship as well as 2 years of preparation efforts before that. Therefore, I emailed the embassy & made a withdrawal of my visa application. One week after withdrawing my application, I got an email from the embassy (full of grammatical & spelling mistakes) telling me that processing has finished & asking me to send my passport to the embassy. At that time, I checked the ceac website & found that my case was still under administrative processing & didn't get any update since the date of the interview. I replied to the embassy to clarify that I have made a withdrawal and to express my surprise that the embassy didn't revise its message for grammatical & spelling errors :D. The next day, I got a very angry call from a lady working in the consular section blaming me for how could I dare to point out the mistakes in their email message (as if they are like a god who should not be questioned). Anyways, I met anger with anger & blamed her for the long waiting time, the loss of my 2 years preparing to go to the US, the long separation of families of other visa applicants, and the arrogance of the consular section when it comes to sending an automatic reply to email messages without even reading the questions or caring about study deadlines. When I told her that the ceac website doesn't show any update since the day of the interview, she became confused and didn't know what to say so after digging with her a bit she said that the consular has unilaterally took the decision to issue my visa (without waiting for Washington D.C.). So I told her that it's suspicious that this decision came 1 week after withdrawing my visa application and if she had read the emails that I sent months ago, she would have known about the university deadline 1 week before the consular's decision. I am not sure if the embassy was really intending to issue my visa or if this was just emotional play to punish those who dare to withdraw their visa application but anyways, it was a very angry call but I felt happy to express my feelings towards administrative processing which is very unfair to anyone who has a common last name. On checking the ceac website now, I found out that my case is still under administrative processing with an update on 23-April-2017 ( the state department doesn't even know what the embassy has done )

Come on people! don't be afraid and shout it out!

• 3 months later...

sorry that happened to you. I hope this wont discourage you from pursuing your dream.

I am a U.S. citizen and my husband was giving the green paper last Monday with request to upload his travel ticket. they kept his passport so I am hoping he will get it soon. I am just worried that it will take that much long.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CurlyCutie said:

sorry that happened to you. I hope this wont discourage you from pursuing your dream.

I am a U.S. citizen and my husband was giving the green paper last Monday with request to upload his travel ticket. they kept his passport so I am hoping he will get it soon. I am just worried that it will take that much long.

Thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Nice topic. I think once people get approved and issued visa they wont come here to comment.  It would be nice to know though for the rest of us waiting for AP to get approved. My husband was issued AP two months ago pending approval. No updates yet.

Timeline
3 hours ago, maryam78 said:

Nice topic. I think once people get approved and issued visa they wont come here to comment.  It would be nice to know though for the rest of us waiting for AP to get approved. My husband was issued AP two months ago pending approval. No updates yet.

I'd be nice if people update their time lines so that others can see and make accurate estimations. :)

5 hours ago, maryam78 said:

updating timeline is more beneficial.. some ma not even be aware of this thread.   

wish you luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.