shoe

Notice of returned check

10 posts in this topic

Well I got a letter in the mail today saying I wrote a couple of bad checks last month at a grocery store that I have not been to since 2006. Besides that my check # s are still in the hundreds I dont write that many checks but the letter says the check #s are in the thousands. By the way dont they need to see ID each time the take a check?? Pls someone tell me what on earth I should be doing?? NOW

Well I got a letter in the mail today saying I wrote a couple of bad checks last month at a grocery store that I have not been to since 2006. Besides that my check # s are still in the hundreds I dont write that many checks but the letter says the check #s are in the thousands. By the way dont they need to see ID each time the take a check?? Pls someone tell me what on earth I should be doing?? NOW

Shoe,

You need to quickly (tomorrow) get down to whatever office the letter came from and identify the checks - if possible, bring a couple of you own canceled checks with your signature on them. I'm assuming the letter came from an authority - like the District Attorney or whichever office handles this in your area so they can advise you further. (The store may have video surveillance - but they don't keep the daily tapes forever, so the sooner the better.)

Assuming they're not your signature - your checks may have been lost/stolen - you'll want to notify your bank of any sequence numbers being used - they will know what to ask you and what to do. Check your supply of checks - have you ever had that sequence of numbers? Do you have that sequence now? Anything missing?

Not to panic you..but typically they do need to see ID (unless it was a lazy clerk) so there may be a fake/forged ID out there too. This age of identity theft, anything is possible... But nip it in the bud quickly...

:ranting:fake check writers....!

Oh - Edit... may also want to reconcile your account statement - there may be others that did clear which caused your account to be overdrawn..

Edited by Karin und Otto

Okay I have called my bank and they advised me there is not anything they can do because obviously the checks are not from my account because they did not return any checks. Besides that my check #s are only 3 digits but the allegation checks are like 4 digits long .I cannot not believe this nonsense. Well the letter I got is from the Check recovery center of the bloody grocery store. They actually think I wrote them but just made a mistake so they are reminding me to pay the money.

Edited by shoe

Okay I have called my bank and they advised me there is not anything they can do because obviously the checks are not from my account because they did not return any checks. Besides that my check #s are only 3 digits but the allegation checks are like 4 digits long .I cannot not believe this nonsense. Well the letter I got is from the Check recovery center of the bloody grocery store. They actually think I wrote them but just made a mistake so they are reminding me to pay the money.

Well I'll be... there's some good news in there isn't there..? (They got the name/address/etc wrong too?)

"Hello...this is X from the XYZ Grocery store..we got these checks here..we can't get the person who wrote them to pay..so will YOU pay them?" :blink:

Someone could have opened a checking, in your name, or used another checking account of you may have forgotten about to write a check.. Worse case scenario of course..

If someone has tried to fraudulently use a check in your name it is probably a good idea to call whoever sent you the letter and ask them for a copy of the check, as well as the details of the bank and the account number. Then call that bank and report the fraud. You should also check all 3 of your credit reports..

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

This happened to my ex with her business checks. Someone from the courthouse, of all places, scanned one of their business checks and then started writing checks like crazy. It was a nightmare gettting it all straightened out. The contacted law enforcement and the bank and did end up getting all their money back. Good luck!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I would contact the grocery store and see if they can give you copies of the checks

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

I called my bank and they verified that thay have not returnd any checks. I also called the pple who sent me the letter and they advised me that they will send me an affidavit of forgrey which in turn I will have to get notarized by my bank and return to them. I will also be making a police report tommorow.

The very stupid part of this is that the fake check was from a bank that does not even exist anymore they closed down years ago.The store that accepted the check admmitted to me that they did not ask for ID when the fugitive wrote them the check to add insult to injury the bank is affiliated with the store so one would think they know it does not exist anymore coz it was bought by a different bank. For pple down south you are probaby familiar with Krogers grocery store and Suntrust bank which bought out National Bank of Commerce (NBC. ) Damn Damn Damn pple are so stupid. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent::bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Edited by shoe