42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, strongmyk said:

My spouse's visa got approved at the US Embassy in Accra this morning

That's great news. Happy for you. How long did it take for your spouse to go through the NVC process? And also how long did it take for him/her to get an interview date? Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sneew said:

That's great news. Happy for you. How long did it take for your spouse to go through the NVC process? And also how long did it take for him/her to get an interview date? Thanks

Our Case was F2-A (Spouse of Permanent Resident) which has a longer wait time as compared to IR-1/CR-1. So in all it took 22 months from when we filed I-130 to interview date.

Case was at NVC from 08/2015 to 03/2017

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
54 minutes ago, strongmyk said:

Our Case was F2-A (Spouse of Permanent Resident) which has a longer wait time as compared to IR-1/CR-1. So in all it took 22 months from when we filed I-130 to interview date.

Strongmyk me ma wo amo!! Matw3n nkrofuo yi aky3 papa. Nvc Current review time is 11weeks and I am in my 8th.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nana&Akua said:

Strongmyk me ma wo amo!! Matw3n nkrofuo yi aky3 papa. Nvc Current review time is 11weeks and I am in my 8th.

Medaase menua... abotare wie nkunimdiee... hang on and it shall all end soon

Timeline
On 4/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, strongmyk said:

Ohk i understand that's a longer time then. Thanks.

Timeline
On 4/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, Nana&Akua said:

Wow that's along time then. And your almost there. All the best. Please how many weeks did it take you to  hear from the NVC after you sent the DS-261 agent form?

Timeline
On 4/7/2017 at 0:01 AM, strongmyk said:

So my wife and two kids had their interview scheduled at 7.30am at the US Embassy in Accra. They arrived there at 6 but entered the embassy building around 7.45am went through the normal proceedings.

She was first called to submit her documents. Only the medical results, passport pictures, postcards, seasonal cards and passport were taken. The rest of the documents including the DS 260 confirmation page, copy of my GC, birth certificates, marriage certificates, Affidavit of support, W2, 2016 tax transcript were all returned to her.

Second person to call her was a young white lady who asked her to take the oath. after that she asked her if we've ever conducted a DNA test on the kids to confirm paternity of which my wife responded in the negative. The CO then remarked that "the kids look very well like their dad".

She then ask each of my kids what their names were and how old they were for which they all answered. My wife was asked to take a seat and after about 10 mins she was called to window 4.

Then there was a funny young man who came to interview them.

He asked 

1. When last did you see your husband?

2. Have you travelled before?

3. and took the new pictures my wife brought

Then he smiled and said "Welcome to America. Everything is in order and your visa is approved" and handed her the blue sheet and described how she can go and collect her visa from the DHL office. He also handed all the documents i sent to NVC back to her.

In all she says the actual interview took less than 4 minutes.

PS: I actually did front and side load my application at USCIS and NVC so it made it much easier for them.

That is wonderful. Congratulations. It is great to hear this news from someone who went for the interview here in Ghana too. Cos i will also be going for the interview in Accra. Please how did you mean by you did front and side load your application at USCIS and NVC which made it much easier? Thanks.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sneew said:

Wow that's along time then. And your almost there. All the best. Please how many weeks did it take you to  hear from the NVC after you sent the DS-261 agent form?

3 days 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sneew said:

That is wonderful. Congratulations. It is great to hear this news from someone who went for the interview here in Ghana too. Cos i will also be going for the interview in Accra. Please how did you mean by you did front and side load your application at USCIS and NVC which made it much easier? Thanks.

What i meant by front and side loading was during the USCIS and NVC stage I sent a lot of supporting documents. These included, boarding passes of previous travels, pictures, letter from my employer, my life insurance beneficiary form, 401-K beneficiary forms, and other documents which proved my relationship with my wife.

So at the interview no new evidence was requested and it gave the interviewing officers ample time to go through my documents and make a decision before the actual interview

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 4/7/2017 at 0:01 AM, strongmyk said:

So my wife and two kids had their interview scheduled at 7.30am at the US Embassy in Accra. They arrived there at 6 but entered the embassy building around 7.45am went through the normal proceedings.

She was first called to submit her documents. Only the medical results, passport pictures, postcards, seasonal cards and passport were taken. The rest of the documents including the DS 260 confirmation page, copy of my GC, birth certificates, marriage certificates, Affidavit of support, W2, 2016 tax transcript were all returned to her.

Second person to call her was a young white lady who asked her to take the oath. after that she asked her if we've ever conducted a DNA test on the kids to confirm paternity of which my wife responded in the negative. The CO then remarked that "the kids look very well like their dad".

She then ask each of my kids what their names were and how old they were for which they all answered. My wife was asked to take a seat and after about 10 mins she was called to window 4.

Then there was a funny young man who came to interview them.

He asked 

1. When last did you see your husband?

2. Have you travelled before?

3. and took the new pictures my wife brought

Then he smiled and said "Welcome to America. Everything is in order and your visa is approved" and handed her the blue sheet and described how she can go and collect her visa from the DHL office. He also handed all the documents i sent to NVC back to her.

In all she says the actual interview took less than 4 minutes.

PS: I actually did front and side load my application at USCIS and NVC so it made it much easier for them.

Hi,

please how long does it take DHL to deliver passports back to owners?

my visa was issued on 5th July this month and up to now I've not received any call or information from them? Thanks for help in advance 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.