Rippy88

Preparing for interview in Lima, Peru

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 2017-4-5 at 2:10 AM, Rippy88 said:

Yes the price of medical exams they are sooo expensive and ridiculus, this cost includes vaccinations??

Pachacuti states you will pay the processing fee AT the embassy before the interview? Is this still the case? The instructions we received seems to be a bit different. It says something about a deposit slip that she will need to bring to ScotiaBank for cancellation?

How many times will she need to travel to Lima? She lives in southern Peru and will need to fly back and forth etc. Will only 2 trips be required? One for medical exam? And one for the interview?

Has anyone attended the interview Solo? I'm reading mixed things about the petitioner is recommended, highly recommended, and not a big deal. I'm going to try to make it for sure, but I'd love to hear your input. 

Any other general advice given would be greatly appreciated!!!! ;)

Thanks everyone so much!! I'm not sure what I would do without this website. It's great that people want to help each other out with things like this. 

Timeline

Asking for any prayers/good thoughts for my fiancé today! He had his interview last Friday and it was approved! We were SO excited until Monday, when the embassy sent him an email telling him he had to go back for a new interview! We have NO idea what to expect, but he goes in tomorrow at 7:30am! We're just praying that it is something simple that they need to fix. Have any of you ever heard of this happening before? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
8 hours ago, Liz&Alfredo said:

Asking for any prayers/good thoughts for my fiancé today! He had his interview last Friday and it was approved! We were SO excited until Monday, when the embassy sent him an email telling him he had to go back for a new interview! We have NO idea what to expect, but he goes in tomorrow at 7:30am! We're just praying that it is something simple that they need to fix. Have any of you ever heard of this happening before? 

Prayers!  I hope it is just something simple they forgot during the first interview!! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Timeline
11 hours ago, Liz&Alfredo said:

Wow that is not normal to have second interview. They might have found something unusual that will need to verify with your fiance. Hopefully nothing bad.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Milyta said:

It is necessary to do for program the interview, or I need to wait for the letter with the instructions???

You do not need to wait for letter package received in order to do interview. You can start right ahead to book for interview through online before your package arrive. Waiting to get letter delay visa process longer. All you need to do is to have NVC # and keep checking CEAC online for process status. If it said it arrived at US embassy/consulate at your fiance country then you can go ahead apply US embassy Peru online. In order to book your interview, you need to pay fee first.

Timeline

Hello, I want you to know that I did search for information but can't really seem to find anything within the last 3-4 years. I suspect things may have changed. We are getting ready for the interview in Peru. We have received an Email with instructions on what we need to do but I have a few questions. I found a post that is pretty informative but it is from 2013. The link is here. 

Pachacuti states you will pay the processing fee AT the embassy before the interview? Is this still the case? The instructions we received seems to be a bit different. It says something about a deposit slip that she will need to bring to ScotiaBank for cancellation?

How many times will she need to travel to Lima? She lives in southern Peru and will need to fly back and forth etc. Will only 2 trips be required? One for medical exam? And one for the interview?

Has anyone attended the interview Solo? I'm reading mixed things about the petitioner is recommended, highly recommended, and not a big deal. I'm going to try to make it for sure, but I'd love to hear your input. 

Thanks everyone so much!! I'm not sure what I would do without this website. It's great that people want to help each other out with things like this. 

I have a question, I paid the fee $265 and I programmed the interview, it is 07.07.2017. I got an email where  there said the cofirmation of that and I need to print this page attaching the letter (Pack 3) I dont have this pack yet with the letter with the instruction, what happened if this letter doesnt arrive before the interview. I am worry.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Milyta said:

I have a question, I paid the fee $265 and I programmed the interview, it is 07.07.2017. I got an email where  there said the cofirmation of that and I need to print this page attaching the letter (Pack 3) I dont have this pack yet with the letter with the instruction, what happened if this letter doesnt arrive before the interview. I am worry.

You do not need to wait or print letter package for instruction. These package are just a list you need to bring document to interview. Visa Journey already have list of document you need to bring (I put link below). Unless you want to wait longer for package, that is your choice. You need to print and bring receipt proof that you paid the interview fee and your schedule interview date. You also need to bring sealed envelope of medical examination, passport photo, and other documents. More information for Lima consulate can be found here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Peru&cty=Lima . You can email to US embassy in Lima for update or question about documents. They do not take phone call.

Edited by bbf3562

Timeline

I am in the same situation Mylita, I havent recieve the package 3 and I was about to program my interview , but what if I dont receive the package before my interview... I mean , for the interview we need to have the medical exam and for the medical exam we need the letter, so we can not go to the interview without the medical exam. I am really worry that we havent recieve it yet . 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Leslie said:

I am in the same situation Mylita, I havent recieve the package 3 and I was about to program my interview , but what if I dont receive the package before my interview... I mean , for the interview we need to have the medical exam and for the medical exam we need the letter, so we can not go to the interview without the medical exam. I am really worry that we havent recieve it yet . 

You do not need a package letter for interview or medical exam. Medical exam required you to bring a document proof of booked interview date in order to do exam which can be print from online.

Timeline

My fiancee already done this before her letter arrived. Steps she does is to apply US embassy in Peru online a form, register for interview and pick the date, pay the interview to confirm the booking, get interview confirmation and date from online status few days later and print it, call approved doctor for medical exam, and then bring document of confirmation interview date to doctor as they required it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Leslie said:

But I called the doctor, and they told me they need it to schedule an appointment??? I am confused 

I just mentioned it that you need to book US embassy interview date online first before you schedule appointment for medical exam.

Timeline
On 4/10/2017 at 10:31 AM, bbf3562 said:

Thank you for sharing this to us! My fiancee just made online appointment for interview. That is something new that should have updated VisaJourney database for Peru.

I got CEAC website saying our case already arrived US Embassy in Lima and is "ready" for interview. We actually can register online to make an appointment for interview before the letter packet arrive. Fill out DS-160 online before register for interview. Then need pay fee 907.00 PEN in order to confirm interview date. It take about 2 business days for confirmation after pay fee. There are some confusion where they have immigrant and nonimmigrant application. As far we know that DS-160 is nonimmigrant form however when you register for interview, it different and you need to register on immigrant instead of nonimmigrant because it has K1 visa in options, the nonimmigrant doesn't have K1 in options. That where it get confusion. After received confirmation interview date, make appointment with doctor for medical exam. You cannot make appointment for medical exam without confirmed interview date because they require the interview date and NVC case number.

Here is what I already mentioned in previously comment of how process work if you read it.

Timeline

Thanks for your answer my friend, but we have a finally question, i got a email with the date of my interview, but they say also in this email, i need to attach the letter (pack4) i dont have that. did you got it?

Hello, I want you to know that I did search for information but can't really seem to find anything within the last 3-4 years. I suspect things may have changed. We are getting ready for the interview in Peru. We have received an Email with instructions on what we need to do but I have a few questions. I found a post that is pretty informative but it is from 2013. The link is here. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Milyta said:

Thanks for your answer my friend, but we have a finally question, i got a email with the date of my interview, but they say also in this email, i need to attach the letter (pack4) i dont have that. did you got it?

I think they mean package as to bring several documents, form, photos, etc to interview. If you still feeling doubt, please contact US Embassy by email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.