Rippy88

Preparing for interview in Lima, Peru

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rippy88 said:

For those of you that like to prepare and know ahead of time what you will see, I will attach the instructions for the person who resides in Peru. You will receive this after your NOA2, after the NVC processes and sends your case to the Lima embassy.  I think they call it "Packet 3, or 4" Not sure why.

This was emailed to me, the petitioner, after I sent them an Email. It is intended for my fiancee in Peru. I forwarded it to her. It is espanol but can be easily translated with google translate. Enjoy

Thank you!! Has your fiance scheduled her interview?  I am wondering if they have a good range of dates for interview to select from? 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

For those of you that like to prepare and know ahead of time what you will see, I will attach the instructions for the person who resides in Peru. You will receive this after your NOA2, after the NVC processes and sends your case to the Lima embassy.  I think they call it "Packet 3, or 4" Not sure why.

This was emailed to me, the petitioner, after I sent them an Email. It is intended for my fiancee in Peru. I forwarded it to her. It is espanol but can be easily translated with google translate. Enjoy.

Nuevas Instrucciones YATRI visa de novios K1.June.doc

Thank you for sharing this to us! My fiancee just made online appointment for interview. That is something new that should have updated VisaJourney database for Peru.

I got CEAC website saying our case already arrived US Embassy in Lima and is "ready" for interview. We actually can register online to make an appointment for interview before the letter packet arrive. Fill out DS-160 online before register for interview. Then need pay fee 907.00 PEN in order to confirm interview date. It take about 2 business days for confirmation after pay fee. There are some confusion where they have immigrant and nonimmigrant application. As far we know that DS-160 is nonimmigrant form however when you register for interview, it different and you need to register on immigrant instead of nonimmigrant because it has K1 visa in options, the nonimmigrant doesn't have K1 in options. That where it get confusion. After received confirmation interview date, make appointment with doctor for medical exam. You cannot make appointment for medical exam without confirmed interview date because they require the interview date and NVC case number.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alysia&Luis said:

Thank you!! Has your fiance scheduled her interview?  I am wondering if they have a good range of dates for interview to select from? 

You are welcome! We just scheduled the interview last night ! :) April 18th was the first available, but that would be too soon for her. There may have been one or two more to choose from in April. The other dates that she could choose from were every Friday in May. And there was nothing to choose from in June or July she said. 

:blink:"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us."

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rippy88 said:

You are welcome! We just scheduled the interview last night ! :) April 18th was the first available, but that would be too soon for her. There may have been one or two more to choose from in April. The other dates that she could choose from were every Friday in May. And there was nothing to choose from in June or July she said. 

Ahh okay, We are going to try and plan my next trip down there around my fiance's interview.  Hopefully when it is time for him to schedule there will be dates available far enough that we won't have to pay too much for my flight!  Thanks again! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

23-JUL-2018 Interview

Timeline
39 minutes ago, bbf3562 said:

Do you know how much is medical exam in Peru for US Embassy? My Fiancee told me it 1000 PEN which I think it ridiculous expensive. 

That sounds about right, I can't remember where but I read 1050 PEN. It is a little high sounding to me, but we have started budgeting for that. 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

23-JUL-2018 Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys! You've probably noticed me creeping on all of your timelines at some point or another! lol. I'm curious to know if you guys end up going to Lima for your fiancee's interview. My fiancee hasn't scheduled his interview yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I know I'm going to sound awful, but I REALLY don't want to have to go to Lima for the interview. Of course, I'd love to see him, and I'd love to see his country, and be there to support him in the interview. The problem is I am TERRIFIED of flying. The longest flight I've ever been on is not even 2 hours, and even then I am panicking the WHOLE time (and that's WITH Xanax!!!). I feel like the biggest loser in the world, but I am freaking out at the thought of being on a plane for that long, especially by myself. At the same time, I'm worried they'll hold it against us if I'm not there :/

Edited by Atx_liz

Timeline
1 minute ago, Atx_liz said:

Hi guys! You've probably noticed me creeping on all of your timelines at some point or another! lol. I'm curious to know if you guys end up going to Lima for your fiancee's interview. My fiancee hasn't scheduled his interview yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I know I'm going to sound awful, but I REALLY don't want to have to go to Lima for the interview. Of course, I'd love to see him, and I'd love to see his country, and be there to support him in the interview. The problem is I am TERRIFIED of flying. The longest flight I've ever been on is not even 2 hours, and even then I am panicking the WHOLE time (and that's WITH Xanax!!!). I feel like the biggest loser in the world, but I am freaking out at the thought of being on a plane for that long, especially by myself. At the same time, I'm worried they'll hold it against us if I'm not there :/

I am not going to be there for my fiancee interview due to conflict with my important business trip for conference. It not required for spouse to go with for interview but it encouraging because it show US embassy that they are serious about getting marry but it understandable if can't attend for good reason. Just make sure you have alot of evidences of you guys meet in person like photos of you two together recently, email of purchased flight ticket with hotel booked if have it. My fiancee is studying our documents to prepare answer any questions from interviewer. Aside from that, If you already have NVC case number, you don't need to wait to get scheduled for your fiance interview, you go apply online form and pay the fee. After few business days of paid fee, they will send you confirmation and give you available interview date slot for you to choose.

Timeline
On 4/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, bbf3562 said:

I am not going to be there for my fiancee interview due to conflict with my important business trip for conference. It not required for spouse to go with for interview but it encouraging because it show US embassy that they are serious about getting marry but it understandable if can't attend for good reason. Just make sure you have alot of evidences of you guys meet in person like photos of you two together recently, email of purchased flight ticket with hotel booked if have it. My fiancee is studying our documents to prepare answer any questions from interviewer. Aside from that, If you already have NVC case number, you don't need to wait to get scheduled for your fiance interview, you go apply online form and pay the fee. After few business days of paid fee, they will send you confirmation and give you available interview date slot for you to choose.

That makes two of us. I will also NOT be attending my fiancees interview with her. I let her make that decision. She came to the conclusion that she is comfortable going alone, although she is nervous about it. It would have been difficult for me to make it to the interview due to work but if she had said "Yes, I need you to be there" then I would have made it happen. I'll let you know how it turns out though.

And for the medical exam I will quote straight from the PDF file here https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/LMA - Lima.pdf

"You must pay all medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, directly to the examining physician. The current price of the medical examination, including basic laboratory tests, is 1,050 Soles for applicants 15 years of age and older; 900 Soles for children age 2-14 years; and 450 Soles for children under 2 years old. There may be additional fees for any required vaccinations or follow-up tests." 

That 1,050 soles is currently $324 USD. You will also need to pay for any required vaccinations which I believe my fiancee said was about 300~ soles... or currently about $100 USD. 

Edited by Rippy88

:blink:"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us."

Timeline

That makes two of us. I will also NOT be attending my fiancees interview with her. I let her make that decision. She came to the conclusion that she is comfortable going alone, although she is nervous about it. It would have been difficult for me to make it to the interview due to work but if she had said "Yes, I need you to be there" then I would have made it happen. I'll let you know how it turns out though.

And for the medical exam I will quote straight from the PDF file here https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/LMA - Lima.pdf

"You must pay all medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, directly to the examining physician. The current price of the medical examination, including basic laboratory tests, is 1,050 Soles for applicants 15 years of age and older; 900 Soles for children age 2-14 years; and 450 Soles for children under 2 years old. There may be additional fees for any required vaccinations or follow-up tests." 

That 1,050 soles is currently $324 USD. You will also need to pay for any required vaccinations which I believe my fiancee said was about 300~ soles... or currently about $100 USD. 

We paid total 1580 soles for medical exam and vaccinations. She just had her exam and vaccinations done yesterday. Now she will have interview next week Friday.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, bbf3562 said:

Now she will have interview next week Friday.

Best wishes for her!  I know you both will be very excited to have this step done and the whole K-1 process almost over!! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

23-JUL-2018 Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My fiancee is having interview this morning. Wish her luck and I will let you guys know the result and how it like.

Yay!  Best wishes!!! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

23-JUL-2018 Interview

Timeline

My fiancee just got approved for Visa after interview! So exciting! She said the interview take 30 - 40 minutes. The interviewer only ask her 3 questions, when we met each other, when we start relationship, and why marry in specific state in US. That it. She gave all requirement documents including past relationship photos and flight tickets. Everything was in order and the interviewer approved it and keep her passport to attach visa. Now she have to wait for weeks for DHL to mail her passport with visa attached.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.