cazzers

N-400 April 2017 Filers

1,178 posts in this topic

Meanwhile...I got a notice from USCIS informing me of a case status update. 

"Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

lol...so was my passport. 

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe2017 said:

@Private One Congratulations!  A bunch of March filers got updates about 30 minutes ago as well. 

Thanks! Hope you were one of them who got good news.

They seem to have a special time of day to send out notifications. Looks like they always happen in bunches. This notification is about 3 weeks late (about how long ago I got oath letter.) Naturalized (took the oath) about 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Private One

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Private One said:

Thanks! Hope you were one of them who got good news.

They seem to have a special time of day to send out notifications. Looks like they always happen in bunches. This notification is about 3 weeks late (about how long ago I got oath letter.) Naturalized (took the oath) about 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I was.  My Oath letter has been mailed.  Whoohoo.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:56 PM, invisibleboy1588 said:

It has been more than 4 months since submission and more than 2 months since biometrics  and still nothing. Went back to processing times table and looks like Seattle office is average of 8months waiting time now (usually 6months). wow! :(

Are there any updates on your case? I'm a July filer from Seattle and just had my status be updated to 'in line'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Private One said:

Meanwhile...I got a notice from USCIS informing me of a case status update. 

lol...so was my passport. 

Lol, got the same update a little while ago. 

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

I also got the oath letter update notice today.  Then, when I got home, I got the actual letter in the mail.  My oath ceremony is on November 2.  At last!

I-129F Sent : 2012-03-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-07-12

Interview : 2012-09-05

Visa delivered: 2012-09-12

Arrived in US: 2012-10-18

Marriage: 2012-12-10

AOS

Sent: 12/17/12

NOA : 12/24/12

Biometrics: 1/15/12

AP Approved: 2/8/12

15 hours ago, Private One said:

I would reach out directly to the IO with a friendly but professional inquiry. In the letter you should acknowledge the 120 day waiting period but point out your urgent family issues with supporting evidence if possible.

thank you so much for your advise.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I did my Interview today. Passed the civic, written and writing test. The IO said everything looks perfect and handed me the N652 decision can't be made. She stated she needs to run thru her supervisor. I had taken a trip after filing the papers but i mentioned it to her. She made it on the file and check my passport. Jokingly says you like going to Netherlands a lot...lol. Any particular reason. I said my younger brother lives there. lol.  She said i should wait for the update in the mail. Again another delay..ggrr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Thisislife said:

I did my Interview today. Passed the civic, written and writing test. The IO said everything looks perfect and handed me the N652 decision can't be made. She stated she needs to run thru her supervisor. I had taken a trip after filing the papers but i mentioned it to her. She made it on the file and check my passport. Jokingly says you like going to Netherlands a lot...lol. Any particular reason. I said my younger brother lives there. lol.  She said i should wait for the update in the mail. Again another delay..ggrr

Well, if you passes the civic, reading and writing, you should be fine. But I know how frustrating that result can be. Fingers crossed you get your oath letter soon. 

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Timeline
On 9/26/2017 at 9:33 AM, Private One said:

Here's a shocker - I got through the entire process (including AOS) without submitting tax document. My wife and I always file taxes separately  because it gets her lower student loan monthly payments. However, I walked with 3 years of transcripts for the both of us because I was certain they would ask...my interviewing IO didn't. As a matter of fact she only took updated bank statements spanning from the time conditions on my GC was lifted up to the interview. She said my "file was thick enough". Other people have reported similar stories about additional documents as well. I see you did not mention bank statements...I would advise that you walk with at least one year's worth. You should also walk with originals of the copies you submitted (eg. marriage certificate). I did that but like I said, she was only interested in updated bank statements. 

I did not walk with the 2 photos and she asked if had any. 

Good Luck!

8 minutes ago, cazzers said:

Well, if you passes the civic, reading and writing, you should be fine. But I know how frustrating that result can be. Fingers crossed you get your oath letter soon. 

thank you

1 hour ago, Thisislife said:

Wow how many times have you been out of country? It makes me nervous now. I came back home couple times already for visiting my parent. It will be really annoyed if they think it is big concern. Good luck to you and me 🤞

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Andocjourney said:

Wow how many times have you been out of country? It makes me nervous now. I came back home couple times already for visiting my parent. It will be really annoyed if they think it is big concern. Good luck to you and me 🤞

I have taken 7 trips in the last 3 years. 3 back home and 4 to Netherlands. I just received an email Post decision activity assigned to Supervisor. Is that the next stage?

1 hour ago, Thisislife said:

Congratulations!

I'll be surprise if it takes more than a couple weeks to get the oath letter. 

5 minutes ago, Thisislife said:

I have taken 7 trips in the last 3 years. 3 back home and 4 to Netherlands. I just received an email Post decision activity assigned to Supervisor. Is that the next stage?

Lucky you to get updates so quickly. First I'm hearing of such update but others here might have seen this before. The do say in the manual guide that quality checks are done and there are post decision activities that goes on.

Seat back and relax.

Edited by Private One

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.