Steve Reaume

NVC letter for Manila embassy

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, I read that too. I think i read it on the Department of State website. I am waiting on my fiance to wake up to sign the completed ds160. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If it was on the DOS website.. doesn't really apply, as each embassy has it's own process.   Seems I read it on the USEM website... but old timers could be playing with me... :lol:  

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Quick question.

I am on the traveldocs website scheduling the interview. What is the priority date just above the case number?

Is that the day i want to have the interview scheduled?

Timeline

I don't understand the traveldocs website. I am scheduling the interview. Why are they asking me for home delivery, office delivery or pickup? What are they delivering?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Steve Reaume said:

Quick question.

I am on the traveldocs website scheduling the interview. What is the priority date just above the case number?

Is that the day i want to have the interview scheduled?

Priority day is the RECEIVED DATE of your NOA1.     With that said, the priority date isn't used with the K-1 so you could put in any number ;)  

2 hours ago, Steve Reaume said:

I don't understand the traveldocs website. I am scheduling the interview. Why are they asking me for home delivery, office delivery or pickup? What are they delivering?

This is the DELIVERY ADDRESS for the visa.  Most times this would be your fiancee's home.  Sometimes a person has it delivered to their workplace.  As for pickup - your fiancee can pickup the visa package at MOST 2GO offices, with MOA branch being the quickest (if you fiancee lives close to there)

Edited by Sagot

10 hours ago, Sagot said:

You are not the first to NEVER get it.   But do you care at this point ? :lol: 

Do you have CFO handled?

Lol, they can keep it for all I care! 😅

No, haven't attended the CFO seminar yet. Figured I'll just do it once visa is on hand so as not to go back at a later date for the sticker. 

Re: DS-160

Definitely complete first before scheduling the interview.

Mind you, several people were delayed or sent home because of some mistakes on the form, there are some fixers outside the embassy who offers to furnish the form but at an exorbitant price of 500Php! The lady sitting beside me had to do that. $10 is a big deal especially if you can avoid paying it. 

Timeline

Re: DS 160

This is a must! Its the only docs aside from your passport that they will ask at the gate.

And it is also being use as  routing paper for every stages or per window.

I got the NVC letter a week after i scheduled my interview online.

During the interview, they didn't even asked me to show the letter of support originally signed by my fiance.

My flight is on June 10 and i will have my CFO mid May :D

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Timeline
9 hours ago, sunnyfLake said:

Lol, they can keep it for all I care! 😅

No, haven't attended the CFO seminar yet. Figured I'll just do it once visa is on hand so as not to go back at a later date for the sticker. 

Re: DS-160

Definitely complete first before scheduling the interview.

Mind you, several people were delayed or sent home because of some mistakes on the form, there are some fixers outside the embassy who offers to furnish the form but at an exorbitant price of 500Php! The lady sitting beside me had to do that. $10 is a big deal especially if you can avoid paying it. 

There is CFO info here:  http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

One word to others:  AVOID FIXERS for the visa process!

On 04/04/2017 at 11:50 PM, Sagot said:

There is CFO info here:  http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

One word to others:  AVOID FIXERS for the visa process!

Issued! 😊 

Thanks for the link. Will get CFO done then fly out asap. Fiancé and I are ecstatic! Time to start the rest of our lives together. No more expensive two-way tickets, Hooray!

Timeline
8 hours ago, sunnyfLake said:

Issued! 😊 

Thanks for the link. Will get CFO done then fly out asap. Fiancé and I are ecstatic! Time to start the rest of our lives together. No more expensive two-way tickets, Hooray!

I be smilin' here! :dancing: 

Safe travels

Get married...

.. then start the AOS  madness...  at least now y'all will be together! :thumbs: 

Timeline

Thank you for all your help! I leave the 14th of April and return (hopefully)  with my fiance the 4th of May. 

Did anyone go through the American embassy in Manila for their interview? I have some questions regarding that process

On 07/04/2017 at 0:26 AM, Sagot said:

I be smilin' here! :dancing: 

Safe travels

Get married...

.. then start the AOS  madness...  at least now y'all will be together! :thumbs: 

Thank you!

AOS : another set of hoops we need to jump through. o_O  

12 hours ago, Steve Reaume said:

Thank you for all your help! I leave the 14th of April and return (hopefully)  with my fiance the 4th of May. 

Did anyone go through the American embassy in Manila for their interview? I have some questions regarding that process

I did last Monday, the entire questioning, both pre-screening and final interview were a quick one. Booked the 07:10am appointment, arrived/queued at 6am and was out by 8am.

Status was ready/open same day, AP the next and finally Issued on Thursday. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Steve Reaume said:

Is the petitioner allowed to be with the beneficiary for the interview both pre-screening and final interview?

Petitioner is allowed to be with the beneficiary, whether you will be allowed at the window during the interview is up to the CO, some let you be up there (like with us) an some they ask the petitioner to sit down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.