waynegeraldine

DS-230, DS-156

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

knowing that these forms (DS-156s and DS-230) will be eventually sent to my fiance, can I prepare them online and mail them to her to sign them or do I have to wait on the specific copies sent to her by the embassy.

These forms and pretty long and convoluted, I would just like to prepare them for her and she is a little form shy.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I prepared these forms for my fiancee'. I told her to watch the forms and packets the embassy sends to her. I think one or two of these forms need to be in completed in her native language of Ukrainian. I completed them for her in English so she would have them if they were needed that way also. I told her to watch the expiration dates on those forms closely. I'll probably go back over them before it's time for her interview.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

I prepared these forms for my fiancee'. I told her to watch the forms and packets the embassy sends to her. I think one or two of these forms need to be in completed in her native language of Ukrainian. I completed them for her in English so she would have them if they were needed that way also. I told her to watch the expiration dates on those forms closely. I'll probably go back over them before it's time for her interview.

You did mean two of the questions needed to be completed in her native language right, not the forms? Just a little jumpy this morning as my fiancee has her interview on Wednesday. I filled out everything in English that I could and left the other questions blank so she could write the appropriate answers in.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline
You did mean two of the questions needed to be completed in her native language right, not the forms? Just a little jumpy this morning as my fiancee has her interview on Wednesday. I filled out everything in English that I could and left the other questions blank so she could write the appropriate answers in.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure right now. For some reason, I recall reading about this somewhere some time back about one or two of the forms needing to be filled out in her native language. I'm still looking around this site for what I did read. If I come across it, I'll definitely let you know. Hopefully, someone that is a little further along in their K-1 process will add more.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

To be honest with you, I'm not sure right now. For some reason, I recall reading about this somewhere some time back about one or two of the forms needing to be filled out in her native language. I'm still looking around this site for what I did read. If I come across it, I'll definitely let you know. Hopefully, someone that is a little further along in their K-1 process will add more.

Ok Thanks, actually the instructions on form DS-230 don't mention anything about having to fill everything out in her Native Language. It doesn't make sense to me that they would require that. Also if you look at Question 2 on DS-230 Part 1 it tells her to write her name in her native language so that seems to imply the rest of the questions were meant to be answered in English.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline
Ok Thanks, actually the instructions on form DS-230 don't mention anything about having to fill everything out in her Native Language. It doesn't make sense to me that they would require that. Also if you look at Question 2 on DS-230 Part 1 it tells her to write her name in her native language so that seems to imply the rest of the questions were meant to be answered in English.

Yes. I know 230 in English. I was referring to either 156 or 156K. I'm still looking for what I had read. :blink:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Yes. I know 230 in English. I was referring to either 156 or 156K. I'm still looking for what I had read. :blink:

The DS-156 online form states in red, before you click continue, "Your answers must be in English and must use English characters"

Maybe you misread something, there are 2 questions that need to be answered in her native language?

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline
The DS-156 online form states in red, before you click continue, "Your answers must be in English and must use English characters"

Maybe you misread something, there are 2 questions that need to be answered in her native language?

I must've been high! Funny thing is that I don't smoke! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

I must've been high! Funny thing is that I don't smoke! :lol:

Hey a natural high cool :dance: Just kidding, we all miss/mix up stuff sometimes. :) I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
Hello,

knowing that these forms (DS-156s and DS-230) will be eventually sent to my fiance, can I prepare them online and mail them to her to sign them or do I have to wait on the specific copies sent to her by the embassy.

These forms and pretty long and convoluted, I would just like to prepare them for her and she is a little form shy.

Thanks in advance.

Our lawyer sent us copies of these forms to be filled out in advance. I assume he knows what he is doing. :wacko:

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filled mine out and sent them to my husband and he signed them and sent them back to me. Make sure they are typed. Someone went to there interview in Jamaica and they would not take them cause they were typed. I know it says print or type. Just type them to be on the safe side. I know for the CR1 I had to send these in ahead of time but with the K-1 I think you need them for the interview. Are you going to attend the interview with her?

I would ask this question in the Jamaican thread. We can help u through the process and tell you all about the Jamaican Embassy.

Here is the link http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry825991

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I filled mine out and sent them to my husband and he signed them and sent them back to me. Make sure they are typed. Someone went to there interview in Jamaica and they would not take them cause they were typed. I know it says print or type. Just type them to be on the safe side. I know for the CR1 I had to send these in ahead of time but with the K-1 I think you need them for the interview. Are you going to attend the interview with her?

I would ask this question in the Jamaican thread. We can help u through the process and tell you all about the Jamaican Embassy.

Every time I try to log into the jamaican forum, I get an error message, I don't know whats's wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Every time I try to log into the jamaican forum, I get an error message, I don't know whats's wrong.

First scroll down in Forums to Regional

Then click on the carribean

Then go to this page it is at the way top Pinned: Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4) Introduce yourself we will help you with all JA questions. I hope this helps.

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

I am planning on filling out these forms for my husband. My question is: should I check YES to "WERE YOU ASSISTED IN COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION?" question.

And if I do check YES would it have a negative impact?

I'd appreciate any advices...........

Hi,

I am planning on filling out these forms for my husband. My question is: should I check YES to "WERE YOU ASSISTED IN COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION?" question.

And if I do check YES would it have a negative impact?

I'd appreciate any advices...........

Putting down the truth is the safest bet. I checked YES, haven't interviewed yet but, I wouldn't think it would have any negative impact. I think he should definitely check the answers before taking the forms to the interview.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.