tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Meno said:

The real updates only occur around the 15ht of the month. so I wouldn't worry about that date.

Agreed.  The as of date is the concern.... Which is at what....September 30th right now?  That's what you watch for change in. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A good friend of mine (VJ user EDurevic) got her NOA2 in the mail today. It was a surprise as she is a March filer at Nebraska Service Center.

NOA1 - Mar 09 - Serbia - NOA2 Nov 25

Looks like they must be approving March cases

46 minutes ago, Moe&Naima said:

Can you explain what the "as of date" means please?

The website may show it was updated on Dec 1, but they day they're approving (January 14) is as of September 30th.   That means even though we know they have worked on Feb/March cases, they officially are saying "On September 30th we were working up to January 14th" and won't accept any escalations or anything else until they update again.  I would assume mid-December they will update to "As of October 31st" and it will be a late january/early February date.   Does that make sense? They always report in arrears and we never know what date they're on "Officially" until a few months after that date. 

19 minutes ago, acidrain said:

A good friend of mine (VJ user EDurevic) got her NOA2 in the mail today. It was a surprise as she is a March filer at Nebraska Service Center.

NOA1 - Mar 09 - Serbia - NOA2 Nov 25

Looks like they must be approving March cases

Made my damned day!

36 minutes ago, Moe&Naima said:

There's an April 1st case approved as well. Great to feel March cases on the roll!

20171202_014116.png

Just noticed that was April...2016... oops

Good news for all...they must be getting through March cases, because our NOA1 was April 1, 2017 at Nebraska and we just received an email from USCIS stating that we’ve been given an RFE (bad news for us). I checked the app and it updated to RFE as well. Super frustrating because the email and app do not state what evidence is needed, so we have to wait for snail mail before we can do anything about it. We submitted everything we could think of with our I-130, plus hired an immigration lawyer, so I am very interested to see what else they need. 

Hopefully this means they are at least reviewing all of the March cases right now! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.