Gergana

Form CRI-89 or I751

7 posts in this topic

Hi there, 
In February 2016 I sent my application to remove my permanent resident status ( applying for my second green card). Later, I received a letter saying that my green card is extended for 1 more year since I am in process. I still didnt receive the green card by itself, just the letter. Is that okay?

Also, I tried to check the status of my case online and it was saying that in August 2016 they received my Form CRI-89, Petition to remove conditions of permanent resident status.. I went for fingerprints in October and since then I am still waiting for any update...It's been 6 months...

What is the processing time and how long I should wait for any update? Any information will be greatful and helpful . Thank you!

Yes, the letter you received, in combination with your expired green card, acts as an extension for one year. That is supposed to give USCIS time to process your application. 

You said you sent your application in February, but it didn't show as received until August? That seems very strange. If I were you I'd try to call USCIS and find out how they lost your application for so many months. Be ready to quote the February date on the extension letter they sent you.

If they actually got your stuff in February, and you filed at California Service Center, your application should have been processed by now and you can set up a service inquiry. If you filed at Vermont Service Center, they say they're still processing February so you should hear soon.

If, on the other hand, they didn't actually receive your stuff until August (which makes sense if your biometrics (fingerprints) appointment wasn't until October) then you're still in for a longish wait. I'm also an August filer with October Biometrics, and I'm not expecting to hear anything for a few more months, even though I am a CSC filer... they've just approved a couple of people who filed in June. And of course, Vermont (VSC) is further behind than that, although they seem to be making progress now.

There are threads on VJ for each month's ROC (Removal of Conditions) Filers. Here's the one for August.

Check it out!

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

• 6 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Just signed up myself here, so my situation is very similar to the question posed by Gergana above.  Here are some details of my CRI 89

Application filed for ROC - 5th Feb, 2016 and received extension of initial PR for 1 year from the said date. 

Fingerprinting for Biometrics - Sept 10th , 2016 ( could be 2days in front or back of the said date).

Extended initial PR through a passport stamp for 1 year at local USCIS office, when inquired about my case status, officer said it is still at the California Service center. 

Current status - Still waiting , but USCIS showing the case processing time to be that of July 2016. So has us a bit worried, I do have legal representation.  Will update fellow members here if I  hear anything from them, but until then would like to hear some thoughts, advice, and Gergana if you have any updates since you last posted , please let me know.

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gergana, what ever happened? 

On 3/10/2017 at 9:51 AM, Gergana said:

Hmmm okay, but I really don't know how to add my information there...little help pleaseeee

what ever happened with this case ? thanks

• 3 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Folks ! Firstly apologies, I had forgotten my login info , hence could not provide any updates,  so here's the update .

Oct 23rd 2017 - had our interview for ROC 

Jan 2nd 2018 - Our case was Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.