Isabella_NZ

DS-160 Help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am in the process of completing the DS-160 form and on page one it asks my marital status and provides the below options:

Married

Common Law Marriage

Civil Union/Domestic Partnership

Single

Widowed

Divorced

Legally Separated

Other

My first guess was Single because I am none of the other however when i completed the US Contact Sections i selected Spouse and it came up with a error saying this didnt match my marital status on page one.

The US Contact Section selections are below:

Relative 

Spouse

Friend

Business Associate

Employer

School Official

US Petitioner 

Should i be selecting US Petitioner and leaving my status as single??

Hey! You can look at the samples of various forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/ However, always download the latest forms directly from USCIS. They've changed a bunch of them recently and the instructions could be different than before.

Now to answer your question directly, if none of the other status applies to you, then definitely select SINGLE. For your US contact, it would be US PETITIONER.

Good luck to you and your fiance(e)!

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 08/03/2017 at 2:21 AM, KULtoATL said:

Hey! You can look at the samples of various forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/ However, always download the latest forms directly from USCIS. They've changed a bunch of them recently and the instructions could be different than before.

Now to answer your question directly, if none of the other status applies to you, then definitely select SINGLE. For your US contact, it would be US PETITIONER.

Good luck to you and your fiance(e)!

Awesome. Thank you :)

@Isabella_NZ not a problem. Best of luck to the both of you :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.