TIGE

F2A AUGUST 2015 FILERS

157 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, teh_diver said:

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know that my visa got approved yesterday! :):):) 

Finally its all over! Thank you VJ for being around.. 

WAOUHH Congratulations!! please can you share in detail what questions did they ask you!! thanks

Filed: Timeline
22 minutes ago, TIGE said:

WAOUHH Congratulations!! please can you share in detail what questions did they ask you!! thanks

Thanks!! All the usual questions basically what we have read on VJ.. About my spouse, how we met, where did the wedding take place, kid's age, how did my wife got her visa, her job details,my intention after I enter US, about my job, my visits to the countries where I have been so far... I have visited Iraq also couple of times for professional reasons so they did roll eyes on it! :)  Also about my co-sponsor details, his proof of residency etc.. It was around 10 to 15 mins interview basically.. As long as your all documents are present with you, it should be fine.. Some of the guys who were in front of me were in interview for an hour or so and they ended up having white slip because of missing one or two document which is awful. 

Edited by teh_diver

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
2 hours ago, teh_diver said:

Thanks!! All the usual questions basically what we have read on VJ.. About my spouse, how we met, where did the wedding take place, kid's age, how did my wife got her visa, her job details,my intention after I enter US, about my job, my visits to the countries where I have been so far... I have visited Iraq also couple of times for professional reasons so they did roll eyes on it! :)  Also about my co-sponsor details, his proof of residency etc.. It was around 10 to 15 mins interview basically.. As long as your all documents are present with you, it should be fine.. Some of the guys who were in front of me were in interview for an hour or so and they ended up having white slip because of missing one or two document which is awful. 

thanks you for details

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
54 minutes ago, teh_diver said:

They told me to pick up my passport on Tuesday which is today but since I had chosen courier service, they will send it to me sometime this week! 

Congrats! That's so exciting 🎉🎉🎉 how long take you the 6 steps? And, we your case was completed, how long did you wait for the interview ?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, teh_diver said:

Thanks! 2 years around total process and 8 months after getting WL.. :) 

Oh God, it takes so many months 😩 I got my WL in June 23, so maybe in February I'll be ready. I need a pill of patience ☹️. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, teh_diver said:

Thanks! 2 years around total process and 8 months after getting WL.. :) 

Hey, another question. Did you go to USA while the process was pending? If yes, how long did you stay in United States when you did the trip?

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mariale256 said:

Hey, another question. Did you go to USA while the process was pending? If yes, how long did you stay in United States when you did the trip?

I did twice actually on my B1/B2 visa. I stayed around 3 to 4 week each time but ya faced tough questions at airport because my family was in US. In my case my native ties with my current living country was strong because of my job, it was always Ok. My attorney advised me not to travel US after submitting DS-260 which I obeyed. 

Edited by teh_diver

Timeline
12 minutes ago, teh_diver said:

I did twice actually on my B1/B2 visa. I stayed around 3 to 4 week each time but ya faced tough questions at airport because my family was in US. In my case my native ties with my current living country was strong because of my job, it was always Ok. My attorney advised me not to travel US after submitting DS-260 which I obeyed. 

OMG! I've traveled twice too with my B1/B2 Visa, and now I'm on the six steps with NVC. But I'm very worried now because that advise about not to travel after submitting DS-260 Is something that I didn't know! OMG My husband already bought me a ticket to visit him in September, and by that date, I suppose the DS-260 is going to be sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.