3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, tiffynets said:

So ... March 2017 filer, my case was transferred to Texas Service Center on June 19th 2018. I couldn't find the processing time for that service center on form I-751 so I called USCIS customer service instead. And I was told wait time of 6 months from June 19th until I could make an inquiry about the case. Should I freak out now :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I've been wondering about Nebraska and I wouldn't be surprised if we had a similar timeline. It feels like it's been so long.

23 minutes ago, FROWNcat said:

I've been wondering about Nebraska and I wouldn't be surprised if we had a similar timeline. It feels like it's been so long.

image.png.36ec4e45f728ec0356b63cf914de1b83.png

Some of graphs I created and analyzed during my break time at work based on USCIS's data. 

Around August, USCIS will publish 2nd quarter data of fiscal year 2018, which will tell how much they proceed. 

It is notable that since in entire fiscal year of 2017, USCIS adjucated only 78000 I 751 cases as opposed to annual average of 130,000 I 751 cases, the new data published in Aug, 2018 for 2nd quarter will be a critical factor to judge whether USCIS decided to speed on I 751 cases or not. 

While it is notable to add USCIS is inundated with all immigration applications from 6.5 million to 8.5 million during 2013-2018, with average I 751 cases received to USCIS around 165,000 cases per each year, but the approval cases dropped from 230,000 to 75,000 during that time. (Although in 2013, i dont know why but USCIS approved 230,000 I 751 cases as comparable to average of 130,000 cases)

So it means if data set published for 2nd quarter of 2018 does not show large increase of I 751 approvals, it is best of I 751 filers' interests to file for N 400 if they are eligible to force USCIS to adjucate I 751 as well as N 400. Hope this helps

The raw data sets are included. 

Forms Received2  Approved3   Total Forms

166,431 89,001  8,530,722 2017
144,648 134,288 8,070,917 2016
165,785 147,520 7,650,475 2015
178,359 154,983 6,384,648 2014
171,651 231,778 6,477,977 2013

45 minutes ago, xillini said:

Around August, USCIS will publish 2nd quarter data of fiscal year 2018, which will tell how much they proceed. 

So I just looked up USCIS data publication, and they just updated 2nd quarter of 2018 numbers, which is between Jan 2018 to March 2018. (Remember fiscal year starts October of each year, so 1st quarter is Oct to Dec, and so on). 

It is a bit disappointing that USCIS only approved 24,000 cases for I 751, which is a bit weird to me, especially taking into account that USCIS started to distribute some of I 751 to Nebraska or Texas service center starting in Feb, March in 2018. Maybe, their works are not yet reflected in this data set because if some of I 751 are just transferred the realities is that these I 751s are sleeping somewhere in Nebraska, Texas service center offices. Maybe their works might kick in 3rd quarter of 2018 (April, May, June), and we will see. 

I would like to remind the highest I 751 approved per quarter was 66,000 cases in 1st quarter of fiscal year of 2013, or Oct, 2012 to Dec, 2012, which kind of makes sense considering political climate at that time, where President Obama was just re-elected and was on high drive to immigration reform as one of most priorities in his 2nd term. 

Anyway, as compared to that time, USCIS only adjucated only 30% of what they did in 1st quarter of fiscal year 2013, which is why it slows down entire processes. I am not I 751 filers yet (sometime next year), but I would highly recommend those who are already eligible to apply for N 400 should apply due to this long time processes. 

In other words, the reason I 751 processes have been delayed like today is not because all of sudden Americans are starting to get married with foreigners exponentially at all, but it is more like how USCIS deals with it. To USCIS, I 751 filers are lawful permanent residents, who do not require immediate immigration benefits unlike DACA, temporary, and refugees applicants along with political climate change that Trump was elected. Additionally, unlike N400, which both congressmen and women in both parties are highly interested in due to the fact that new citizenship means they have to look out the new American citizen, at least, during election time, USCIS has no reason to take into account of capitol hill's eyes for I 751 filers. 

We don't know what will happen in life, and immigration is getting harder and harder (Personally, I don't think it is just Trump himself, or just 4 year thing, but in general, immigration to USA has been gradually strenuous in last couple of decades, and it will be tougher even if Democrat President is elected). 

All I am saying is it is best to apply for N 400 if you can and are willing to, and forget about USCIS. 

Edited by xillini

Just keeping you all updated. Got this notice this yesterday evening! They approved my case on the 12th. So it was a quick turn around. I just hope other filers who have waited forever get theirs soon. 

Screenshot (171).png

At the end of my journey!

April 26th 2019 I became a United States Citizen!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

16 minutes ago, ThousandMoreSteps said:

Just keeping you all updated. Got this notice this yesterday evening! They approved my case on the 12th. So it was a quick turn around. I just hope other filers who have waited forever get theirs soon. 

Screenshot (171).png

Ask for a tracking number! 

Same thing happened to me in just a few days couple of online updates. I also received approval letter few days after that update ^ and then mystery... lol 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

2 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Ask for a tracking number! 

Same thing happened to me in just a few days couple of online updates. I also received approval letter few days after that update ^ and then mystery... lol 

Thank you!  I'll call them and ask. I'm still absolutely astounded you haven't got yours yet. And the fact you have to keep doing all the chasing to see where it is, is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Rocdoc said:

I know thats not the news you were hopping for but at least there is movement on your case. Was your case transferred anywhere? NSC/TSC/NBC?

Yes, my case was transferred to TSC on June 19th then I filed for address change on July 5th because I moved back to California and I got a text at 3:30am this morning that they took action on the case. I checked myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and saw RFE notice. I'm a little worried since we didn't have a lot of things together, we were poor when we got married, didn't have anything to own, we shared rooms for a couple of years before we got our first apartment :mellow: I don't know what more to show except for pictures and what I already provided them.

1 hour ago, tiffynets said:

I got online notice from here myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov that an RFE is coming my way :o 

Try not to worry, they will tell you what they are missing in the RFE letter. I had an RFE in March and got approved in April. They wanted to see proof of utility bills or mortgage, things we don't have at the moment. 

You can try to explain those things in a letter why you don't have it, maybe some affidavits from family or friends that know you and your situation. That is what we did. 

US Passport Application

Routine service

16 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Try not to worry, they will tell you what they are missing in the RFE letter. I had an RFE in March and got approved in April. They wanted to see proof of utility bills or mortgage, things we don't have at the moment. 

You can try to explain those things in a letter why you don't have it, maybe some affidavits from family or friends that know you and your situation. That is what we did. 

Thanks @AnGeLxX I will keep you guys posted when the physical letter arrives and what I would do in the response to the request.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, tiffynets said:

Yes, my case was transferred to TSC on June 19th then I filed for address change on July 5th because I moved back to California and I got a text at 3:30am this morning that they took action on the case. I checked myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and saw RFE notice. I'm a little worried since we didn't have a lot of things together, we were poor when we got married, didn't have anything to own, we shared rooms for a couple of years before we got our first apartment :mellow: I don't know what more to show except for pictures and what I already provided them.

I understand how you feel. Don't worry just send whatever evidence you have. It is highly recommended to write a cover letter and explain your situation which will be a big help to your case. Best wishes 

Edited by Name O Boy

CSC filer...filed end of March, received by uscis on April 10th, 2017.  case was never transferred anywhere and remained at the CSC center.

Great news!  So I woke to an e-mail saying that action was taken on my wife's case.  I logged into our USCIS account and was greeted with the following...  

July 19, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

2 hours ago, Unknown Guest said:

CSC filer...filed end of March, received by uscis on April 10th, 2017.  case was never transferred anywhere and remained at the CSC center.

Great news!  So I woke to an e-mail saying that action was taken on my wife's case.  I logged into our USCIS account and was greeted with the following...  

July 19, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

Congratulations! That's basically what happened to me. I got my green card in hand about 30 minutes ago!

1 hour ago, ThousandMoreSteps said:

Congratulations! That's basically what happened to me. I got my green card in hand about 30 minutes ago!

Lucky you! I'm jealous..lol nah I'm happy for you. :)

US Passport Application

Routine service

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.