Mags

Interesting Information Regarding CSC Transfers

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I booked an infopass appointment for yesterday due to, what appeared to be, a discrepancy on my son's case status.

Whilst there the Immigration Officer explained that certain cases fall under the criteria of not requiring interview. Basically, there are certain types of visas which, if the applicants fill a certain criteria, are then forwarded to CSC as they don't require an interview. K-1 falls into that category as do some other types of visa. But there are other visas that this cannot be done with at all (she didn't specify these).

This information differs greatly to the "busy service centre" reason that we have been given before.

Edited by mags

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hummmmm....guess we filled a 'certain criteria' :blink:

Exactly, I do wish she could have specified what that criteria is though!

What, and actually help us? :lol:

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Timeline

She was actually really helpful, chatty and happy to help. Her exact words about my case was that we don't require an interview so the case was being transferred to CSC. Then all we are waiting on is the FBI name check (fingerprints have already cleared) and then once that comes through we should get the GC.

It would appear that the dreaded FBI namecheck is what holds things up...by the time it gets sent to CSC everything else has been done.

Edited by mags

Timeline

She was actually really helpful, chatty and happy to help. Her exact words about my case was that we don't require an interview so the case was being transferred to CSC. Then all we are waiting on is the FBI name check (fingerprints have already cleared) and then once that comes through we should get the GC.

It would appear that the dreaded FBI namecheck is what holds things up...by the time it gets sent to CSC everything else has been done.

Fair enough. When did you file for AOS and when were you transferred? I have been waiting 142 days since the tx to CSC and they tld me i had to wait 180 days before i could enquire further.

K-1 Visa Journey

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I dunno...I've seen some K1 filers get interviewed. And what about TSC transferees?? Where do we fall? *watches tumbleweed*

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Timeline

Fair enough. When did you file for AOS and when were you transferred? I have been waiting 142 days since the tx to CSC and they tld me i had to wait 180 days before i could enquire further.

Oh we are way behind you. NOA1 March 8th and transferred April 3rd.

If we go by what the Immigration Officer said it is JUST the namechecks holding everyone up who is transferred to CSC. USCIS have done all their stuff before the transferral.

I dunno...I've seen some K1 filers get interviewed. And what about TSC transferees?? Where do we fall? *watches tumbleweed*

No you misunderstand. If a K-1 applicant fits a certain criteria then they don't need to be interviewed for AOS. I didn't say all K-1 applicants.

Edited by mags

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

ohhhhh! Well now I wanna what that certain criteria is!

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Timeline

Oh we are way behind you. NOA1 March 8th and transferred April 3rd.

If we go by what the Immigration Officer said it is JUST the namechecks holding everyone up who is transferred to CSC. USCIS have done all their stuff before the transferral.

No you misunderstand. If a K-1 applicant fits a certain criteria then they don't need to be interviewed for AOS. I didn't say all K-1 applicants.

Damn my pesky common name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-1 Visa Journey

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

Mags I would be so happy if that were true , but that doesnt explain people getting RFE's after their transfer, or being sent back to another centre for an interview. I think that officer is a wee bit ill-informed. This was discussed in another thread yesterday, a case officer at the MSC can find a petition suitable for transfer, yet a new officer can decide otherwise. Its about their own personal ' anality'

I would love to think Im just waiting on a name check...I think I'll still be checking my emails and touches anticipating the dreaded RFE notice!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Timeline

Mags I would be so happy if that were true , but that doesnt explain people getting RFE's after their transfer, or being sent back to another centre for an interview. I think that officer is a wee bit ill-informed. This was discussed in another thread yesterday, a case officer at the MSC can find a petition suitable for transfer, yet a new officer can decide otherwise. Its about their own personal ' anality'

I would love to think Im just waiting on a name check...I think I'll still be checking my emails and touches anticipating the dreaded RFE notice!

But when they send RFEs from CSC (which are not that common) perhaps it was because a consular officer at MSC made a mistake. When they are transferred back from CSC perhaps there has been a hit on the name?

I'm not saying that what the Immigration Officer said is 100% correct, but it makes a hell of alot more sense than many of the other theories that are floating around VJ at the moment!

But when they send RFEs from CSC (which are not that common) perhaps it was because a consular officer at MSC made a mistake. When they are transferred back from CSC perhaps there has been a hit on the name?

I'm not saying that what the Immigration Officer said is 100% correct, but it makes a hell of alot more sense than many of the other theories that are floating around VJ at the moment!

Good point, Ill go with that one..anything which allows me to believe nothing else can happen!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, that's probably what *IS* holding things up for so many. I know it is for us and we were transferred to CSC back in October 2006. This was after the RFE though. Still, we *are* in namecheck. Besides, don't we all know that when it comes to dealing with the USCIS there is no rhyme nor reason for most of what they do, from what we've read on this forum? :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.