xmgirl

Paying credit cards overseas

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody. I just recently became naturalized but I have been thinking that I would like to move back to my home county. Over the past year I generated debt from 2 credit cards. I am just wanting to ask if anybody know if you can payments outside the USA. Thank you in advance for any input related to this topic. By the way I am considering moving back to Mexico.

Filed: Timeline

You can make payments from anywhere in the world pretty much. The easiest way is to keep a U.S. Bank account and make the payment from there. If that is not an option then check with a foreign bank and see if you can get a check in U.S. Dollars and mail it. I am also sure there are payments services in Mexico that will also do it for a fee. Besides that, I am curious. If you were thinking about moving back to Mexico, why did you bother becoming naturalized? 

Hey there!

First, I have to say that paying a debt that you generated in dollars (and are currently paying in dollars as well)  and switching to pesos is going to be a pain in the butt, since you will automatically owe twice as much. I don't know how much you make or what you plan to do once you come back to México, but as you know, the peso fell heavily and our economy is unstable. I'd say, stay and work on your credit card debt before moving, but I don't know what your reasons are.  

I own both Banamex (mexican bank credit card) and a Bank of America, U.S card. I had the same struggle and the only solution I came up with was to transfer money from my Bank of America (where I had my savings in dollars) to my Banamex account, with an international wire transfer. (You need to know your bank's international code and other info) It costs me around 30 bucks to do it each time, so it is definitely not a cheap process, and it takes a few days or up to a week to be processed. You can also transfer money from your Mexican card using your online bank service, to the american credit cards. It's a hassle for sure. 

Some banks have alliances, where you can seemingly transfer money between accounts more easily, or less costly. 

There's paypal. You can link your accounts and receive money through there that can after be transferred to your bank, it also takes some time. All international transfers will take a few days/week for what I've experienced. Like rcripps said, there are also some companies that can send money with a fee. You should definitely check what your options are before moving. 

Good luck in your journey! I hope you make the right choice.

Big hug 

Edited by Dilorena

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.