cheeky^Wolf

BBC America New Lineup

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did anyone watch BBC America like 3 or 4 years ago? It was full of watchable programming. I used to watch What Not to Wear all the time in college on that channel. Then I didn't have TV for awhile. 2 months ago we got cable and I was so bummed by BBC America these days. It seriously is all Benny Hill, Whose Line and Cash in the Attic. It hasn't always been this terrible!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Did anyone watch BBC America like 3 or 4 years ago? It was full of watchable programming. I used to watch What Not to Wear all the time in college on that channel. Then I didn't have TV for awhile. 2 months ago we got cable and I was so bummed by BBC America these days. It seriously is all Benny Hill, Whose Line and Cash in the Attic. It hasn't always been this terrible!

I get BBCA on Bright House. I enjoy Coupling, Location, Location, Location, and all of the Gordon Ramsay shows - Kitchen Nightmares, The F Word, and Beyond Boiling Point... okay.. I have come to realize that I love Gordon Ramsay!

Spence has found a few links online that stream TV shows and Movies... try www.ovguide.com and www.craftytv.com/listshows.php I think he has found a few UK shows on these links.

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

They used to show a lot of comedy on BBCA, stuff like Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Men Behaving Badly. I used to watch it all the time then. Not any more!

The problem is that I bet it will run Hollyoaks from the very first episode which means I wont be able to watch it for about 3 years until it catches up to the point when I saw it last. I cant believe theyre not running Eastenders. Its the BBC for heavens sake - not Channel 4.

Glad to see Benny Hill turfed out and delighted that wire in the blood will be on again. They had the last season on BBC America and it was fab. I agree that Cash in the Attic is really getting annoying, especially when you see "Jonty" desperately trying to find something worth more than 10 quid in someone's living room so that the owner can buy a birdbath for the garden...yawn

Bargain Hunt is a real hoot though. I still can't believe that they actually give those idiots a few hundred quid and they go off and buy complete s**t. "yes we were going to buy the Doulton dickensware jug but then Margo saw this lime green elephants head ash tray and we knew it would be a winner at auction...."

I would also be quite pleased if they axed that dreadful show with the whiney Linda Barker, who goes around to people's houses with two blokes and "updates" three rooms with only unwanted paint, furniture, and material that the owner has in their garage ????!!! #######?? They put it in the garage cause its absolute ####### and now Linda wants to turn their 11 year old Argos TV stand into a whole set of new kitchen cupboard doors, and a storage box for dog toys. Why would you even answer the door if she turns up?

They used to run Eastenders, they dropped it because apparently it was too expensive to ship over all the tapes for it! Apparently not so expensive that they can't have it on Pay per View on Dish Network though.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I actually LOVE Cash in the attic.... LOLLLLLl

Dr. LHA, I know it's a matter of opinion, but in our opinions (in this house) you are SO spot on....Life on Mars is a BRILLIANT show! :thumbs: Craig downloads it the same day it shows in England, so we get 'em pretty quick.... ;)

We have to pay five bucks a month for the tier with BBC America, but we get it on Charter cable too... M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Same in this house, the wifey and I love it. Shame that the next episode is the last one (ever) really.

That and apparently they're remaking it for US TV. Oh gawd.

Filed: Timeline
The problem is that I bet it will run Hollyoaks from the very first episode which means I wont be able to watch it for about 3 years until it catches up to the point when I saw it last. I cant believe theyre not running Eastenders. Its the BBC for heavens sake - not Channel 4.

Glad to see Benny Hill turfed out and delighted that wire in the blood will be on again. They had the last season on BBC America and it was fab. I agree that Cash in the Attic is really getting annoying, especially when you see "Jonty" desperately trying to find something worth more than 10 quid in someone's living room so that the owner can buy a birdbath for the garden...yawn

Bargain Hunt is a real hoot though. I still can't believe that they actually give those idiots a few hundred quid and they go off and buy complete s**t. "yes we were going to buy the Doulton dickensware jug but then Margo saw this lime green elephants head ash tray and we knew it would be a winner at auction...."

I would also be quite pleased if they axed that dreadful show with the whiney Linda Barker, who goes around to people's houses with two blokes and "updates" three rooms with only unwanted paint, furniture, and material that the owner has in their garage ????!!! #######?? They put it in the garage cause its absolute ####### and now Linda wants to turn their 11 year old Argos TV stand into a whole set of new kitchen cupboard doors, and a storage box for dog toys. Why would you even answer the door if she turns up?

Hilarious! :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, what happened to Trinny and Susannah? I turned on WNTW the other day and it was other people.

I'd also love it if they showed Shameless, but that'll never happen. I'd even watch from Season 1 again :yes:

Edited by LisaD

I think the reason they dropped Eastenders is because no one was watching it.

BBC America really is awful -- sometimes I'll be surfing the channels and I'll catch some old favorite like I'm Alan Partridge or Bad Girls and I'll think "I really must watch this channel more often" and then for months there will be absolutely nothing when I tune in.

90day.jpg

They said that, but then there was that massive petition signed by tens of thousands of outraged EastEnders fans... surely it must've been more popular than Changing Rooms and Home Front, or whatever it was they were showing endlessly at the time...? Then again, it obviously cost a lot more to show it, too...

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

They said that, but then there was that massive petition signed by tens of thousands of outraged EastEnders fans... surely it must've been more popular than Changing Rooms and Home Front, or whatever it was they were showing endlessly at the time...? Then again, it obviously cost a lot more to show it, too...

Indeed. There were actual protests outside of the BBCA headquarters as well after they cancelled it. If nobody was watching it it might also have had something to do with the fact that they only showed it in Omnibus form at 9am on Saturday morning! Not exactly a prime spot for Eastenders.

Hilarious! :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, what happened to Trinny and Susannah? I turned on WNTW the other day and it was other people.

I'd also love it if they showed Shameless, but that'll never happen. I'd even watch from Season 1 again :yes:

Shameless was truly genius tv! I would certainly watch that again but I doubt they will ever show that in the US. I think WNTW is rubbish without Trinny and Susannah ripping an old bra off some hapless woman standing half naked in front of a mirror and telling her that her knees and her ears are her best feature !! Bless em though - they do make everyone look a whole lot better in the end.

Filed: Timeline
Shameless was truly genius tv! I would certainly watch that again but I doubt they will ever show that in the US. I think WNTW is rubbish without Trinny and Susannah ripping an old bra off some hapless woman standing half naked in front of a mirror and telling her that her knees and her ears are her best feature !! Bless em though - they do make everyone look a whole lot better in the end.

I think the best show they ever did was that red carpet special where they gave Jo Brand a makeover....but that was cos Jo had me in stitches.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.