MXcompadre

2017 Mexico Ciudad Juarez US Consulate interview requirement regarding Police Certificates

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

IR-1/CR-1 visa interview scheduled Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at US Consulate Ciudad Juarez, and we have no definitive clarification, and/or answer as to what the requirement is for obtaining and or bringing Police Certificates to the interview.  Our research has yielded conflicting, and/or contradictory reference sources, and we're perplexed as to what it is we need to understand to be fully compliant and prepared for the interview.  Would greatly appreciate any/all confirmable and substantiated information with regard to the need for obtaining Mexican Police Certificates .  TIA     

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am in the same predicament.  My husband is here in the U.S. but we cannot figure out how to get the police

certificates from Mexico.  He is from Guerrero and the only information I found online was that the person needing

the police certificate needs to go to the state capital to get it.  He is here so obviously that is not possible.  I saw on the U.S. State Department website that more info regarding police certificates from Mexico can be obtained from visiting the website www.pgr.gob.mx.  I looked all over that website and was unable to locate anything about how to obtain a police certificate.  I've also checked the website of the Mexican consulate in Chicago but it does not mention anything about

police certificates.  If you find out how to get the police certificates please post here!  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On February 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM, MXcompadre said:

IR-1/CR-1 visa interview scheduled Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at US Consulate Ciudad Juarez, and we have no definitive clarification, and/or answer as to what the requirement is for obtaining and or bringing Police Certificates to the interview.  Our research has yielded conflicting, and/or contradictory reference sources, and we're perplexed as to what it is we need to understand to be fully compliant and prepared for the interview.  Would greatly appreciate any/all confirmable and substantiated information with regard to the need for obtaining Mexican Police Certificates .  TIA     

How did your interview go?  Did they ask for the police certificates?  

Timeline

I haven't been able to get any information.  I'm waiting for NVC to approve the final paperwork I submitted and schedule the interview.  I guess once the interview is scheduled and I'm sent the final checklist of what documents are needed I'll know then if the police certificates are needed or not.  I'd like to be prepared and have them before the interview is scheduled but I don't know where else to look to try and obtain them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hope it all works out for you. I'm from Brazil but  I think the situation is similar as far as the NVC goes. I sent a letter stating I didn't have a police certificate because I have lived in the U.S since I was 14 and have not left. My interview is on April 24th, and I'm trying to make sure that the letter will satisfy the consulate in Brazil. But can't even get a definite answer from my lawyer.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did anyone get an update on this? We now have a NVC letter asking for one and my husband has been here since he was 17. Over there they want a bill with his name on it to get the form how the hell am I supposed to get that when he hasn't lived there?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

This is how I got the letter of antecedentes no penales for my spouse. This company is based in Texas and they get the letter from mexico for you. Just need a passport and the cost I believe is 390. They are super nice and helpful . You could ask for Zulma.  It take about 3-5 business days. 

here is the link

http://www.tramitesmexico.net/tramites-desde-el-extranjero-para-todo-mexico.html

Contact number

Ya estamos formalmente registrados en Estados Unidos como TRAMITES MEXICO LLC 

Direccion.- 127 southbridge,
San Antonio Tx 78216
Phone 210 3400052 y 18886753639

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is conflicting information right now in Juarez regarding the need for a police certificate or letter stating that you have no criminal record in Mexico. If you have ever lived in Mexico for any period of time after the age of 18, you are required to bring a police certificate. If you have any criminal record in Mexico regardless of age, you are required to bring a police certificate. If you left Mexico before the age of 18, have not returned there, and have no criminal record there, the consulate may still request a police certificate, but it is down to each consular employee on whether or not they will require it for approval. My husband came to the states when he was 15 and never returned to Mexico and had no record, but was still asked for a police certificate on his list of requested documents. We called the consulate which said that the certificate was not required in his situation. We did not bring a certificate, and even though the consulate employee preforming the interview did ask for it, after my husband explained that we had spoken with someone who said it was not required (due to age of immigration and criminal history) he was approved without the certificate.   

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, Vladsalvi said:

Hello everyone,

This is how I got the letter of antecedentes no penales for my spouse. This company is based in Texas and they get the letter from mexico for you. Just need a passport and the cost I believe is 390. They are super nice and helpful . You could ask for Zulma.  It take about 3-5 business days. 

here is the link

http://www.tramitesmexico.net/tramites-desde-el-extranjero-para-todo-mexico.html

Contact number

Ya estamos formalmente registrados en Estados Unidos como TRAMITES MEXICO LLC 

Direccion.- 127 southbridge,
San Antonio Tx 78216
Phone 210 3400052 y 18886753639

Is it legit? I'm stressing about this police certificate!!

Bammy17

yes it is legit. It has original apostillado.. you have to send them copy of your passport and someone in Mexico goes to the appropriate office and ask for it and then they sent it to you.. give them a call they can explain they are familiar tell them the reason you need it for

Timeline

I obtained the "carta de antecedents no penales" federal  for my wife using "tramites mexico". It arrived this morning and appears to have an official apostille with a certification for the apostille on the back. I have absolutely no idea whether or not NVC and consulate will accept it ? It looks legit, but cant say until we have had consular interview scheduled and go to interview and are back in US. I will follow up with this post after all is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.