Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

For the Visa Interview:

What to bring:

7. Police Clearance (original)

11. Evidence of Relationship - This information varies per couple but here is a list of some of the things we supplied: affidavits, Photos, Flight Itinerary, Hotel Receipt, Greeting Cards, Emails, Yahoo Messenger Instant Messenger Log, Yahoo Messenger Instant Message Excerpts, Talklook.com International Call History, Yahoo Messenger Call Log, Union Telecard International Calling Card Orders and etc..

beleive police clearance only needed from overseas country that applicant lived in for 6 months or more after reaching the age of 16.

phone records are great to have, especially if frequent calls where made. the interviewer was impressed by the page after page of almost daily phone calls submitted by Yazi.

great info as always Sheriff :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

For the Visa Interview:

What to bring:

1. DS-156 "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" (2 copies) (To be completed online CLICK HERE)

2. DS-157 "Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application" (2 copies) and copy of the receipt of your visa payment

3. DS 156K "Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Application" (1 copy)

4. NOA2 Approval Notice (Copy or Original)

5. Birth Certificate (original)

6. NBI Clearance (original)

7. Othe Country Police Certificate (original) (if beneficiary has lived in another country six months or more after reaching the age of 16)

8. CENOMAR (original)

9. Passport Photos (2 copies) (Per Packet 4, pg 8, the size of the photos should be 2 inches by 2 inches)

10. I-134 Affidavit of Support (1 Copy per visa applicant plus back-up documents), which includes copies of the past three (3) years of Federal Tax Returns and W2s, past six (6) months of Pay Stubs, and Employer Letter.

11. Evidence of Relationship - This information varies per couple but here is a list of some of the things we supplied: affidavits, Photos, Flight Itinerary, Hotel Receipt, Greeting Cards, Emails, Yahoo Messenger Instant Messenger Log, Yahoo Messenger Instant Message Excerpts, Talklook.com International Call History, Yahoo Messenger Call Log, Union Telecard International Calling Card Orders and etc...

NOTE: The DS-156 "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" must be completed online to include the barcodes. The DS-156K "Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Application" and DS-157 "Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application" can be completed by hand, computer (preferred), or typed (just as good). If you have pictures, please take the orginals (the USE will return them following the visa interview). Also, food, drinks, or electronic devices are prohibited inside of the USE. The beneficiary should have a complete copy of the petition package (just in case).

FAQ by the Consular Officer (Sample Listing):

What's your name?

When is your birth date?

What is your mother and father’s names?

Are you a terrorist or affiliated with any organization plotted to take over the American Government?

Who petitioned you?

What’s your relationship to the petitioner?

How old is your fiance(e)?

Why do you want to come to the United States?

Do you know if your fiancé(e) was married before?

When and how did you meet your fiancé(e)?

How do you communicate?

How long have you been corresponding with your fiancé(e)?

How often do you talk to each other?

Have you ever been to the US?

How many times has he visited you?

When did your fiance(e) visit you?

Do you have any children?

Does your fiance(e) have any children?

Will there be a problem with the child from your fiance(e)'s previous relationship(s)?

Where do you plan to live in the United States?

What does your fiancé(e) do for a living?

What do you do for a living?

What is your fiancé(e)’s religious background?

What is your religious background?

Do you have any wedding plans?

Are you planning to have children?

What are your fiancé(e)’s parents names?

Does your fiancé(e) have any brothers or sisters?

Do you speak and understand your fiancé(e)’s language?

When do you plan on entering the US?

Please take a seat in the lobby and wait for your number to flash again.

NOTE: The CO only asks a few questions. This is a compilation from various interview experiences.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hey Guys quick question about the airport fees and the Philippine traveler tax. I am correct that this tax was 1650? Airports fees are the same? She has a flight from CDO to Manila, then Manila to Tokyo. Does Tokyo ask for any airport fees or taxes?

Thanks Victor

The Travel Tax is imposed on Filipino citizens, LPR's (and Tourists who have been in the P.I. for over a year) in order to leave the Philippines - (think it as a kind of tax to "allow you" to depart the P.I.).

Departure fees are charged for all travelers at all departures at all airports in the Philippines (as far as I know) - International Flights are higher than domestic flights.

The man is a desperate man that wants companionship. He doesn't trust that girl at all, but he is foolish enough to think he can control her. Things and methods he talked of regarding controling, scare me. He believes she is a lesbian, just like my wife. In fact told me that while he was in the Philippines with his wife, they lived with my wife. According to him my wife was living with her lover (his wife) daily when I wasn't there. He is foolish enough in my opinion that he will believe her. The man is 67 and the girl is 20! Gimme a break! The motives for her to come to the USA are clear. BTW, this man just seperated from his last Filipina wife about 9 months ago. She lived with him eight years and left him for another man. She was 38 years younger than him.

You know, I just don't understand why these old guys don't just move to the Philippines - they would have more young "companionship" than they ever dreamed was possible (except for Hugh Hefner) in Angeles City or Subic Bay.

The idea of "controlling" a lesbian is just insane and will end up getting him in deep trouble.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow thanks for the info, Sherif. I find that odd for a question though. Asking Filipino woman if she can communicate with an American is odd to me. Another odd question is, if the CO asks if my fiance, if I know about filipino culture. Or if he asks her on how she handle the culture shock.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone!

count me in! i'm on AR jail too because of their routine check at NSO. We did call USEM twice and the recent update was..they already file a request at NSO on very same day i was placed on AR.

Goodluck to everyone and God Bless...

\m/

Hi:) Why were you put on AR? What's with NSO.

~*God Speed*~

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sheriff Uling post

For the Visa Interview:

4. NOA2 Approval Notice (Copy or Original)

Hi Kuya Uling is it important to bring the NOA2 Approval Notice? thanks.

Edited by imaskin

~*God Speed*~

IMASKIN....I dont know about the NOA2, but I did have a question for you if the answer is not too personal. Looking at your signature lines, how do you plan to take your medical on May 1, 2007 and you have your interview date listed as May 2, 2007. The medical is a two day process and it must be completed prior to your interview with enough time to forward the results to the Embassy. Most people suggest at least two to four weeks ahead for the medical and even the Embassy schedules is one week out. Forgive me if I missed something here. Just don't want you to be misinformed and have a surprise at your interview when the medical is not done.

On another note....my sweetheart is in the plane on her way to Manila for the medical as I am writing this post. Please pray for her successful checkup at St. Luke's. We did a pre-medical check-up at the hospital in her province when I was there in January and everything was fine, including the chest xray, but of course she develops a little cough a few weeks ago and we were both freaking. :o She seems pretty much over it now, so hope all is well when the St. Luke's doctors do their exam. I am a nervous wreck now waiting for this thing to be done tomorrow Philippines time.

Good luck to any others taking medicals or having interviews this week. God bless you all!

Scott (and Mirasol)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Congrats Cora! I'm so happy for you! YOU DESERVE IT! At last!

My parents' interview was last April 16, 2007 (Monday). APPROVED with flying colors!

I was with them the whole time! I got a Caucasian consul who was extremely nice and considerate.

We got the 2 visas (parents) the following day (April 17)! Its in our hands!

YEHEY! WOOT! WOOT! Praise the Lord! We fasted for this!

The immigrant visa was colorful and beautiful (it was pasted to the passport======it looked much much better than the B1 B2 multiple entry US visa.

The immigrant visa was not a mere I-551 card. it was an extremely beautiful visa!

If PW is not approved today :devil: , I might be forced to fly to the Phil and run naked around the USE in protest. I can see the news headlines reading, "Black man runs naked around the USE in protest of injustice!" :blush::P:no::lol:

:crying: :crying: :crying: WAAAHHHHH!!! HUHUHU!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Sheriff, you’d better get a seat on the next plane to Manila because you’re gonna run naked in front of the USE.

Just giving you a scare guys. Consul said “everything looks fine” so I guess I’m APPROVED! WOOHOOO! Thank you all for your prayers and support.

My son and I arrived at the embassy at 7:15 am for the 7:30 interview. By the time I was interviewed by the consul, it was already 2:00 pm! So many people inside. We stepped out of embassy grounds at exactly 3:00 pm, arrived home at 4:45 pm. Reporting for duty now hehe.

My Filipino pre-screener was super duper friendly. Feeling ko nag-bonding kami (charing!). We made chika-ola for 30 minutes. ~ imagine, my pre-screening took all of 30 minutes! Tagal no? Sabi ko na nga ba, the embassy missed me kaya they wanted me back hehe.

On a serious note, please bring the pink receipt that BPI issues during your interview. The bank validation of my DS-157 lacked a “checkwriter” stamp and it caused me some delay. Good thing I brought my pink receipt so they just stapled it at the back of my DS-157. Please remind BPI to stamp the “checkwriter”.

Will update more later guys. I need to wake up my hotDoug (my fiance's name is Douglas and I call him hotDoug behind his back hihi)

a very happy PW :dance:

Timeline
Please bless Vic as he cleans the house, the toilet, the garage, the cupboards, the oven, the dishwasher, the basement, and the yard before El arrives. :devil:

Have a happy reunion, Vic, and may God bless your union.

Ha..I thought my house was clean...then Judy arrived.

I told her good thing we do not have mice (cats) she would just chase them down and shampoo them.

My home has never been so clean, Nor my heart so happy.

Sweet Judy is in the bed with the flu, she refuses to go to the doctor. If she is not better within the next day or two...well, I am bigger than her.

Oh and Gents, be aware of the cultural differences that you will face...I caught Judy a fresh fish which she promptly cooked...Then I watched in near horror as the beautiful, delicate flower of a woman that I love deeply...ate its head. :blink:

Peace, Alan

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

I told her good thing we do not have mice (cats) she would just chase them down and shampoo them.

Sweet Judy is in the bed with the flu, she refuses to go to the doctor. If she is not better within the next day or two...well, I am bigger than her.

Oh and Gents, be aware of the cultural differences that you will face...I caught Judy a fresh fish which she promptly cooked...Then I watched in near horror as the beautiful, delicate flower of a woman that I love deeply...ate its head. :blink:

Peace, Alan

:lol::lol::lol:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please bless Vic as he cleans the house, the toilet, the garage, the cupboards, the oven, the dishwasher, the basement, and the yard before El arrives. :devil:

Peace, Alan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm cleaning too.

Good morning,

Vic I had to laugh when reading this...I spent countless days cleaning, painting and cleaning some more in preparation for Jasmin and Graceys arrival. I never knew the house needed so much cleaning...after all it was all boys here till now. But now that Jasmin is here there is is just a little everyday cleaning to do...she is a bit bored during the days the kids are in school...lol...so leave some for her!!!! By the way...did you know most ovens have an "auto clean" feature on them?...I didn't...been here 7 years and never noticed it...sure would hae made cleaning the oven easier.

Have fun cleaning...wishing her a safe trip friday...:)

Jazzy

Hey Cora how come your name is not on your own list? I saw you was arroved, CONGRATS!!!

:innocent: Wow you know Filipino women and former single white men :whistle: Sure you know I am busy cleaning, but I did say i will leave some for her so she will not be bored while I am out working :devil:

Well I know her saying you don't need to clean everthing dear is just a setup to see if I will be a lazy husband or not HAHAHA!!!

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Timeline
IMASKIN....I dont know about the NOA2, but I did have a question for you if the answer is not too personal. Looking at your signature lines, how do you plan to take your medical on May 1, 2007 and you have your interview date listed as May 2, 2007. The medical is a two day process and it must be completed prior to your interview with enough time to forward the results to the Embassy. Most people suggest at least two to four weeks ahead for the medical and even the Embassy schedules is one week out. Forgive me if I missed something here. Just don't want you to be misinformed and have a surprise at your interview when the medical is not done.

On another note....my sweetheart is in the plane on her way to Manila for the medical as I am writing this post. Please pray for her successful checkup at St. Luke's. We did a pre-medical check-up at the hospital in her province when I was there in January and everything was fine, including the chest xray, but of course she develops a little cough a few weeks ago and we were both freaking. :o She seems pretty much over it now, so hope all is well when the St. Luke's doctors do their exam. I am a nervous wreck now waiting for this thing to be done tomorrow Philippines time.

Good luck to any others taking medicals or having interviews this week. God bless you all!

Scott (and Mirasol)

Go Marisol Go :dance::dance::dance: Hope you'll have an easy and short medical with no problems. You'll be in our prayers. Before our medical I have a lil cough and got paranoid, I was thinking I probably have Tuberculosis<silly me> so I had my xray done<result was normal> but I wasnt convince so I ask the Dr to give me a tuberculin test which turns out to be negative. All the silly thoughts on my mind before the medical but Im really happy its done.

:lol:

Sounds like we married sisters. Tita washes clothes everyday with the washer (never had one before). She won't use the dishwasher, says it is too loud. Cooks lugaw (not sure of spelling) every meal (which I think is awesome). Love the fried eggplant and danggit.

Live with the Pinay Filipina Princess is perfect.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.