Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone knows more about I-134 requirements. Many speak of the 125% of the poverty level based on family size but the State department website says for the I-134 it is only 100% and it is 125% for the actual change of status. Anyone have any personal experience on this one. I am over the 100 percent based on a family of 5 but my three kids I only have half the time. I do have a co sponsor but would like to make the I-134 on my own if I can. I will be over the 125% levels after 6 months. Also anyone know about the length of time one must be in a job. I changed positions just as we received our NOA2. Thanks and good luck to all!

While it is true that you only need to meet 100%, Manila Embassy requires (although they do not explicitly say it) that petitioners meet the 125% upfront or at least during interview time. Adjustment of status is only a few weeks or months away from interview and Embassy wants to make sure you are at 125% level before you file AOS. You are exempt from the 125% rule if you are in the military.

We've had successful petitioners who were new in their jobs. Just make sure you send your fiancee your last 3 pay stubs prior to interview and latest W2 and ITR . I think what the embassy does is based on your latest payslip, they multiply your salary by 12 months to estimate if you meet poverty guidelines even if your last year's income did not quite make the guidelines. What is important to them is how much you are making at the time of your fiancee's interview.

You are wise to try to make the I-134 on your own. Use co-sponsor only as a last resort.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

I have been to Cebu three times in the last 13 months and so far BT-Store.com has always come through with the lowest fares. I fly Cathay Pacific by far the best airlines from US to Philippines. Just make sure you search for the best days to lower the fare...makes a huge difference. Good Luck!

I must agree that Cathay Pacific is the best airline I have flown on to the PI and back in terms of their planes and in-flight customer service. (Sometimes the cheapest too, but not always.) I have flown China Airlines, PAL, a combo of United/Japan Airlines, EVA Airways and Cathay Pacific to the Philippines. Never used NWA, but I used to fly them domestically. NWA is having some good fares right now. We're using PAL for my sweetheart's flight here only because they are the only airlines with a non-stop MNL-SFO flight and she doesn't want to make a connection alone in a foreign country.

One other suggestion....I was told that its cheaper to buy a one-way ticket to the USA in the Philippines instead of buying it online or from a travel agent in the states. I tested it and for me, it came true. I saved about $150 US (P7500) on PAL over what I could get it for here or online from the PAL website.

Scott (and Mirasol)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We've had successful petitioners who were new in their jobs. Just make sure you send your fiancee your last 3 pay stubs prior to interview and latest W2 and ITR . I think what the embassy does is based on your latest payslip, they multiply your salary by 12 months to estimate if you meet poverty guidelines even if your last year's income did not quite make the guidelines. What is important to them is how much you are making at the time of your fiancee's interview.

You are wise to try to make the I-134 on your own. Use co-sponsor only as a last resort.

PW,

In the quote above you are specifically stating that the petitioner needs to submit paystubs, could you please reference a document where paystubs are requested by the embassy? This is the first I have heard of it and it may be an issue as I have my child support, charitable contributions, credit union deposits, insurance, union dues, retirement, additional retirement, my mortage payment, and vehicle loan payments taken out of my paycheck before I get it therefore my net income is WAY lower than my gross and it looks like I don't make alot, but my only responsiblities after the dedutions is food, entertainment, and utilities.

In leu of paystubs I have a letter from my employer .. a government agency.. on government letterhead stating my lenth of service with the agency, my monthly salary, my annual salary (at least 4 times amount stated for poverty level for our number of family members), the amount of life insurance and disability and dismemberment insurance that I have, etc., etc., and it is signed by the director of personnel with all of his relevant contact information.

I also have a letter from my financial institution stating that I have in excess of 5 figures deposited in an account (the letter states the actual amount), it also states the amount that I have deposited in the past year as well as my current balance in all accounts, how long I have had accounts with them, the types of accounts, etc. It is signed by the president of the bank with all of the relevant contact information on letterhead.

I also have my last 5 years tax returns and W-2's that I will be submitting.

I hope you cannot produce the document that I requested, but if you do I guess I will have to write an explanation letter about the amounts that are deduced from my paycheck.

Thanks,

CB

BTW .. Mylene's interview is July 9, 2007 .. not July 4 :)

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

We we're approved yesterday...our interview was successful :dance::dance::dance:

Thank u so much guys for all the support and all the prayers, cant thank u enough!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline

PW,

In the quote above you are specifically stating that the petitioner needs to submit paystubs, could you please reference a document where paystubs are requested by the embassy? This is the first I have heard of it and it may be an issue as I have my child support, charitable contributions, credit union deposits, insurance, union dues, retirement, additional retirement, my mortage payment, and vehicle loan payments taken out of my paycheck before I get it therefore my net income is WAY lower than my gross and it looks like I don't make alot, but my only responsiblities after the dedutions is food, entertainment, and utilities.

In leu of paystubs I have a letter from my employer .. a government agency.. on government letterhead stating my lenth of service with the agency, my monthly salary, my annual salary (at least 4 times amount stated for poverty level for our number of family members), the amount of life insurance and disability and dismemberment insurance that I have, etc., etc., and it is signed by the director of personnel with all of his relevant contact information.

I also have a letter from my financial institution stating that I have in excess of 5 figures deposited in an account (the letter states the actual amount), it also states the amount that I have deposited in the past year as well as my current balance in all accounts, how long I have had accounts with them, the types of accounts, etc. It is signed by the president of the bank with all of the relevant contact information on letterhead.

I hope you cannot produce the document that I requested, but if you do I guess I will have to write an explanation letter about the amounts that are deduced from my paycheck.

Thanks,

CB

Hey CB the form we are talking about is the I-134 for K-1 applicants. It is one of the methods. It is best I hear to include as many of the options as possible to avoid questions or the dreaded 221(g) asking for more information. From what I have read it would seam you are in good shape with your income levels.

My issue is I have changed jobs in the middle and making just a few thousand under the 125%. Was really hoping to squeek by as I have next to no liabilities but it would seem I need to show some more income or use my kids home as assets...another thing I did not want to try as my ex-wife is on the paper work still. Oh well what ever it takes my baby will make it home. Come to far to let this little thing stop me....lol. Good Luck sound like your just a few blinks away!

St. Luke's August 3rd

Manila Embassy August 10th!

APPROVED!

Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

Timusa.gifmissouri.gifphili.gifGirly

We we're approved yesterday...our interview was successful :dance::dance::dance:

Thank u so much guys for all the support and all the prayers, cant thank u enough!

:dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS!

on to the next journey!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

PW,

Thanks,

CB

Hey CB the form we are talking about is the I-134 for K-1 applicants. It is one of the methods. It is best I hear to include as many of the options as possible to avoid questions or the dreaded 221(g) asking for more information. From what I have read it would seam you are in good shape with your income levels.

My issue is I have changed jobs in the middle and making just a few thousand under the 125%. Was really hoping to squeek by as I have next to no liabilities but it would seem I need to show some more income or use my kids home as assets...another thing I did not want to try as my ex-wife is on the paper work still. Oh well what ever it takes my baby will make it home. Come to far to let this little thing stop me....lol. Good Luck sound like your just a few blinks away!

Shaggy474,

Thanks for the kind words .. the wait has definately been a long one.

As far as the I-134 goes, quoting directly from the document (actually copy/pasting from it)

II. Supporting Evidence.

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income and/or financial resources to assure that the alien you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the United States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation.

Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income and/or financial resources may result in the denial of the alien's application for a visa or his or her removal from the United States.

The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of incomeand resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;2. Total amount deposited for the past year;3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, revealing:

1. Date and nature of employment;2. Salary paid;3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

The lack of inclusion of paystubs is what had me worried that it might be an issue with the Manila Embassy only. Hopefully PatientlyWaiting can enlighten me about the issue when she gets the chance.

Good luck with your support issue .. I heard a story a while back where a petitioner rounded off their income to $30,000 annually and the minimum required to be at 125% poverty level was over 30k but less than 31k. The process was put on AR by the Manila Embassy until the petitioner submitted evidence that his true income was above the required.

Basically what I am saying is that squeeking by isn't an option at Manila; hopefully you can prove in grand fashion that supporting your fiancee will be no problem whatsoever.

Thanks for the reply,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

:crying: I sent off my affidavit of support and other documents Fedex Saturday (on the truck to be delivered already, awesome!). I don't know how, but even after checking it, I think I blew it. On question 10. That I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

I stated: None

Ummmm, do I need to do it again, get it notarized, and rushed to the Philippines before June 5?

I-129F Sent : 2006-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-11-28

Touched: 2007-2-20

Touched: 2007-2-21

NOA2: 22FEB07

Assigned Case Number and sent to Embassy in Manila: 2007-2-28

Received in Manila: 06Mar07

Interview: 05Jun07

Visa delivered: 12June07

Arrival in Los Angeles: 04Aug07

AOS approved: 29Feb08

Timeline
:crying: I sent off my affidavit of support and other documents Fedex Saturday (on the truck to be delivered already, awesome!). I don't know how, but even after checking it, I think I blew it. On question 10. That I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

Ummmm, do I need to do it again, get it notarized, and rushed to the Philippines before June 5?

You answered it correctly ..

:)

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

Congrats Maria! We are APPROVED too! We made it...wish we could have met yesterday....

To all Vjers, thanks for all the help, support, encouragement and most especially prayers...we won't made this without you guys...you were there in our journey...hoping that you will still be there on our next next steps of our journey in the US...

Just like Maria said, we can't thank you enough!

Godbless us all.

I've got my (well ok, my wife's) interview date. Its June 28th. It just appeared on the online appointment site today (thanks to frdmrk2 for alerting me). I haven't told Fely yet, gotta do that now if I can. She's away from home for a week.

PW kindly update me please and thanks.

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
How can I track my visa delivery from Delbros? Can I get their website?

thanks.

Go to Delbros main page and input your MNL case number with '01' at the end. For example, if your case number is MNL20079999999 you would use MNL2007999999901. You can also call them directly or send an SMS message with your tracking number followed by the word 'status'. Good luck! :thumbs:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

I have the same question... In our case, we used the sample form here in VJ and on that particular question, instead of 'NONE" we wrote: MAE XXXXX XXXXX (now filing for K1 Visa)... Can somebody enlighten us please?

Thanks!

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT APPROVED! Time flies by so quickly and before we know it, it's JUNE batch turns! Yeaaaaa I mean Yikesss (because I'm feeling the churn in my stomach) :lol:

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline
How can I track my visa delivery from Delbros? Can I get their website?

thanks.

Go to Delbros main page and input your MNL case number with '01' at the end. For example, if your case number is MNL20079999999 you would use MNL2007999999901. You can also call them directly or send an SMS message with your tracking number followed by the word 'status'. Good luck! :thumbs:

thank you...could you please give me the link to their main page?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.