Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm having problem with the spelling of my lastname. I am the only one in my family that has clerical error in my lastname on my birth certificate, i never corrected it. Let's say the correct spelling of our lastname is "ABCDE" but mine is "ABCDF". From my passport to my NBI clearance, police clearance, copy issuance of my birthcertificate from NSO, my college record, i use my lastname as "ABCDF" as what is on my birthcertificate. The name of my parents are visible on my DS 157 form and mine has a different spelling. During the I129F submission (G325A-my parents' names were written too) i have used the Affidavit of dissesnterested persons as supporting paper. Is the Affidavit of Dissenterested Persons, my father's birthcertificate and my parent's marriage certificate will be fine as back up papers? :help:

thank you po.

~*God Speed*~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
You said Baguio was very polluted. Lina and I were planning to go there while waiting for the visa to be delivered. Is it bad everywhere in Baguio or just certain areas to avoid?

The areas around Camp John Hay (The Manor) and Baguio Country Club are nice and not polluted because they are surrounded by pine trees.

http://www.campjohnhayhotels.com/

http://www.baguiocountryclub.com.ph/

08..Robor007........02-06-07..02-26-07..03-30-07..05-15-07..2007-546xxx

Hi PW - Thanks very much for the info and links. I'll have Lina check them out.

I noticed an error in the list above. Can you correct Lina's interview date? She is scheduled on 05-16-2007.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Questions for the K3's. Sheryl has a friend who will marry an American in the Phils. She was asking where does he get legal capacity to marry. I thought I had read on this thread that he would need to go to the USE in Manila and get it. Am I correct?

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Questions for the K3's. Sheryl has a friend who will marry an American in the Phils. She was asking where does he get legal capacity to marry. I thought I had read on this thread that he would need to go to the USE in Manila and get it. Am I correct?

Yes you are, took me all of 10 minutes. jeff

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you are, took me all of 10 minutes. jeff

You can also get it at the consular office in Cebu, if the officer is there that day. Call ahead!

Here is the direct link if no one has given it to you already

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

Thank you so much for that very well advice. My doctor actually mentioned the TB lymph node which can be a possibility but since no biopsy is done, nothing is confirmed. If ever, will it be a ground for denial? i hope not...well, good thing that i am kinda chubby so its not obvious, hehehe...however i have this one more concern, i had a throid problem history..i had slightly hyperthyroidism but it is normal now since it was detected earlier (2 yrs ago) and i took medicines..though i had cyst on my thyroid as well but it is benign...should i declare anything even if i am fine already, other than this mass on my left neck?

i am so paranoid with this medical but i believe that as long as nothing is communicable, ill be fine.

TB Lymphadenitis is not a ground for visa denial. Treatment is the same as having PTB. Biopsy will be needed to confirm the diagnosis and appropriate treatment can be started. If your Private Doctor had already suspected about it, then have a Medical Certificate from her and PW is right, don't offer the info unless they (Panel Physician) asked you. And about your Thyroid problem (hyperthyroidism and cyst), are you still on treatment? Again, get a Medical Certificate from your Doctor stating the diagnosis and treatments given to you and for how long you were treated, and laboratory exams done (TSH, FT3, FT4, thyroid scan, others). And again, don't offer this info unless asked by Panel Physician. Both of this diseases are not a reason for visa denial. But they may do further exams if they will find out. So, don't tell them unless they noticed it and asks more info from you.

You'll be lucky if the Panel Physician will not be thorough with their exam. As in my case, she (maybe because she was tired) only touched my anterior neck area (the wrong way to palpate for the thyroids), did not palpate for lymph nodes, did not do well with the rest of the PE, she did not even auscultate for my lungs. Then when she asked me at the end of her PE, and asked me what's my highest educational attainment, and I said; "Doctor po"... she have this surprised reaction and on her face and felt like she was ashamed or something with the way she treated me. She is professional but not that corteous towards patients/applicants. Well, I understand she/they are tired with so many applicants to see and check and because of this, they don't really follow the proper procedures for a PE.

Don't worry too much. You will pass the exam! Just relax and be confident when you enter their examining room. Panel Physicians cannot deny an applicant due to medical grounds, they can only make recommendations and remarks. It will still be up to to the CO (adjucator) during the interview. Have your medical done atleast 2 weeks prior to your Interview (a month if possible), so if they need to do more exams, you have the time before your interview.

Ingat and Good Luck.

Helen

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you so much for that very well advice. My doctor actually mentioned the TB lymph node which can be a possibility but since no biopsy is done, nothing is confirmed. If ever, will it be a ground for denial? i hope not...well, good thing that i am kinda chubby so its not obvious, hehehe...however i have this one more concern, i had a throid problem history..i had slightly hyperthyroidism but it is normal now since it was detected earlier (2 yrs ago) and i took medicines..though i had cyst on my thyroid as well but it is benign...should i declare anything even if i am fine already, other than this mass on my left neck?

i am so paranoid with this medical but i believe that as long as nothing is communicable, ill be fine.

TB Lymphadenitis is not a ground for visa denial. Treatment is the same as having PTB. Biopsy will be needed to confirm the diagnosis and appropriate treatment can be started. If your Private Doctor had already suspected about it, then have a Medical Certificate from her and PW is right, don't offer the info unless they (Panel Physician) asked you. And about your Thyroid problem (hyperthyroidism and cyst), are you still on treatment? Again, get a Medical Certificate from your Doctor stating the diagnosis and treatments given to you and for how long you were treated, and laboratory exams done (TSH, FT3, FT4, thyroid scan, others). And again, don't offer this info unless asked by Panel Physician. Both of this diseases are not a reason for visa denial. But they may do further exams if they will find out. So, don't tell them unless they noticed it and asks more info from you.

You'll be lucky if the Panel Physician will not be thorough with their exam. As in my case, she (maybe because she was tired) only touched my anterior neck area (the wrong way to palpate for the thyroids), did not palpate for lymph nodes, did not do well with the rest of the PE, she did not even auscultate for my lungs. Then when she asked me at the end of her PE, and asked me what's my highest educational attainment, and I said; "Doctor po"... she have this surprised reaction and on her face and felt like she was ashamed or something with the way she treated me. She is professional but not that corteous towards patients/applicants. Well, I understand she/they are tired with so many applicants to see and check and because of this, they don't really follow the proper procedures for a PE.

Don't worry too much. You will pass the exam! Just relax and be confident when you enter their examining room. Panel Physicians cannot deny an applicant due to medical grounds, they can only make recommendations and remarks. It will still be up to to the CO (adjucator) during the interview. Have your medical done atleast 2 weeks prior to your Interview (a month if possible), so if they need to do more exams, you have the time before your interview.

Ingat and Good Luck.

Helen

Thank you very very very much Helen! This is so encouraging and educational.

I hope the doctor wont be that thorough on his/her test. yes, i will get medical certificates and bring records. however, both you and PW mentioned that i must not offer them unless asked to. Thought there was a form that i had to fill-out to disclose the illnesses i had...if i dont disclose and they find out and i showed them the medical certificates and records, won't it be a problem? wont i be in trouble for misrepresentation? it is clear that if i brought med certificates and records, i am knowledgable of my illnesses which i should have disclosed in the form...

my interview will be on the 22nd of may and i scheduled my medical this 10th. do i have enough time? i really pray that they wont notice it so no further exam will be made.

again, ur advice is very much appreciated and thanked for.

To all who are about to take a seat on the infamous "hot seat", well wishes for you and may you have successful interview! As for us who are set for next month... let's hope and pray that everything will go smoothly and favorably!

The hot seat isn't so hot anymore when you're there na. Once the consul starts talking to you, you start regaining your composure and your confidence. If the interview is too short, sasabihin mo pa, "Yun lang ba yun?" (That's all? Is that it?) You'd start to wish that the consul would ask you more questions kasi sayang naman ang katakot-takot na practice natin :lol::lol: I'm sure some of the girls here feel that way na sana mas madami pang tanong kasi bitin ang interview.

Thanks PW! I'm now more confident that I'll pass the interview. I guess the nervousness is just a normal thing... Can't wait till everything is done and over with. This whole process is nerve-racking for me...

Good luck to all!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

yeah thanks for the info, i have the image of the cashed check, and the number is not clear enough. So CSC cashed the check, on May 3. SO now I know I have a NOA1 coming the in the mail soon. I got a long wait if the NOA1 took one month.

Timeline
Updating to congratulate Kim Tung. Finally!!! :dance::dance:

Still waiting to hear from Dave and Fleur. They have not reported back on visa delivery.

Legend:

OK - Visa approved

AR - Admin Review/Add'l Docs Required

ME - Military Expedite

AO - Age-Out (Derivative approaching age 21)

Hi Ate Cora! Please update us :innocent: We got our visa too :dance::dance::dance: Delivered by Delbros 05/04 in Bacolod City. I have to start packing now :yes: Thanks to all of you who have helped us through...the good advises and encouragement and prayers! See you all at the AOS forum :yes:

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

07-01-2003 - Introduced by relative & started communicating

11-16-2003 - Met for the first time in Bacolod City, Philippines

10-22-2004 - Together for the second time in Bacolod City, Philippines

11-03-2004 - Travelled to Cebu City, Philippines

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

10-01-2006 - Sent I-129F Petition for Fiancee

10-03-2006 - USCIS received Petition I-129F

10-05-2006 - Notice of Action 1

11-05-2006 - Waiting, waiting, waiting...

12-29-2006 - Notice of Action 2

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-12-2007 - National Visa Center forwarded petition to U.S. Embassy Manila

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

01-22-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila sent information packet to my fiancee

01-30-2007 - Received information packet via PhilPost

03-03-2007 - Packet 4 received via DHL

04-10-2007 - Day 1 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-11-2007 - Day 2 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-18-2007 - CFO Seminar at SMEF-COW Manila

04-18-2007 - St. Lukes Medical Appointment --- scheduled --- done 04/10-04/11

04-25-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila Interview --- scheduled --- APPROVED!!!

05-04-2007 - Visa delivered by Delbros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Ate PW, pls update our timeline. Visa was delivered May 4, 2007 at Cebu City. Now, I am packing my things for my May 10 trip to be with my beloved Bryan.

Thanks everybody for all the help. Godbless!

Marie

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

You said Baguio was very polluted. Lina and I were planning to go there while waiting for the visa to be delivered. Is it bad everywhere in Baguio or just certain areas to avoid?

The areas around Camp John Hay (The Manor) and Baguio Country Club are nice and not polluted because they are surrounded by pine trees.

http://www.campjohnhayhotels.com/

http://www.baguiocountryclub.com.ph/

08..Robor007........02-06-07..02-26-07..03-30-07..05-15-07..2007-546xxx

I'm in Baguio right now :) I agree, it's gotten so polluted! Luckily, I'm staying at a place that's still surrounded by pine, with only a few (like, 3, I think) houses in the immediate area. If anyone's interested, it's near Wright Park, and.. St Joseph Church? I'm not sure of the church's name.. but it's big. Charges 3,500 per night, inclusive of everything but food and your clothes :P Has a fireplace, cable tv, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. I wish our house looked like that pad! It has a detached cottage thingy too.. Smaller, but cheaper (apparently, it has no fireplace, cuz I see no chimneys).

The contact person is Mr. Rene, 0919 4734536.

( :whistle: can't find how to get my pics off of my phone. but they have a friendster account! - That Baguio Place! :thumbs:

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

BTW, we went to Baguio for a few days. It was horrible. It was the absolute worst pollution I have every encountered. It was 10 times worse than Manila at it worst several years ago. I have been to Baguio before the pollution and it was a beautiful city and a lovely place to visit but if you can't breathe except while holding a handkerchef over your nose it is not so lovely any more.

I think Baguio is not that worst compared to Manila...just wondering where did you stay? And during summer Baguio is where most people go to have short vacation cause of the weather....If you stayed around Camp John Hay or Country Club where most people go I think you might appreciate it....

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.