Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hello to all, i know this question is already asked but i just can't find the right thread and am a lil lazy looking for it :blush: ... anyway, my question is: Is it ok if I only have a computer printed copy of my husband's Form 1040(ITR)? Actually it is his copy of his ITR when he filed the tax online. Just want to make sure i have the right documents. Hoping for your response... Thanks a lot!

For my interview on Friday, I will be using a computer print-out (TurboTax) of my fiance's Form 1040 and a PDF copy of his W2. His 1040 has a Declaration Control Number and date of acceptance by TurboTax. I will let you know if embassy will accept that.

Is it ok to submit photocopies of my fiancee's ITRs? He doesn't have the transcripts... and he's not comfortable in sending the original ITR forms he filed for the last 3 years...

Mae

I actually submitted copies of my ITRs filed over the past three years and like Dean, I put my original signatures on them (not sure if that made a difference, but my gut says that it did not). Besides, it's my assessment that the visa process is more about the beneficiary than the petitioner.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I actually submitted copies of my ITRs filed over the past three years and like Dean, I put my original signatures on them (not sure if that made a difference, but my gut says that it did not). Besides, it's my assessment that the visa process is more about the beneficiary than the petitioner.

Will they really look at the 1040 or will they focus on I-134? I'm having a hard time explaining to my fiancee about tax transcripts. He said he hasn't heard anything about it but he got the 1040 but as much as possible he wouldn't want to risk sending the originals thru any mail services.

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Will they really look at the 1040 or will they focus on I-134? I'm having a hard time explaining to my fiancee about tax transcripts. He said he hasn't heard anything about it but he got the 1040 but as much as possible he wouldn't want to risk sending the originals thru any mail services.

Mae

I say "No Worries" about having copies of the ITR. At least that's how I approached it during our visa interview, you are submitted the ITRs with W2s, letter from your employer, and six months worth of paystubs. Go with it... The pre-screeners seemed more concerned about having the originals of the BC, NBI, Police Clearance, and CENOMAR. Don't get me wrong. They will review all of the documents that you submit, but I wasn't concerned about submitting the orignals of the ITR.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hello to all, i know this question is already asked but i just can't find the right thread and am a lil lazy looking for it :blush: ... anyway, my question is: Is it ok if I only have a computer printed copy of my husband's Form 1040(ITR)? Actually it is his copy of his ITR when he filed the tax online. Just want to make sure i have the right documents. Hoping for your response... Thanks a lot!

For my interview on Friday, I will be using a computer print-out (TurboTax) of my fiance's Form 1040 and a PDF copy of his W2. His 1040 has a Declaration Control Number and date of acceptance by TurboTax. I will let you know if embassy will accept that.

Is it ok to submit photocopies of my fiancee's ITRs? He doesn't have the transcripts... and he's not comfortable in sending the original ITR forms he filed for the last 3 years...

Mae

What I'm thinking it doesn't matter what is the form of ( photocopy, transcript...) your ITR. what the CO is concerned with is your income level. They may already have our income levels from the government databases. I submited copies of my W-2's, pay check stubs, letter from employer and IRS Tax Transcripts. those who are self employed or using assets should have documentation to back up their income.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got caught up on recent posts. Glenn we are really sorry to hear of the situation. What can one say about this, it's really sad and our thoughts and prayers go with you and Rosemarie that she is safe. Obviously this was not a spur of the moment decision and Rosemarie had to have help. Now that you have probably had time to let your emotions subside a little, you can think more clearly. Where is the bicycle? Did she have the chance to make any local friends? Does she have friends in other parts of Florida or in other states? You mentioned a cousin in Arizona, could they have made arrangements for her to go there? I think at the least you need an explanation and the TRUTH!! even though it may not be what you want to hear. Hopefully, Rosemarie will contact you herself. Filing a missing persons report is an option, IF you want to find her. WOW, this is a tough one Glen. Hang in there and remember we are all praying for you and Rosemarie here at VJ. AND ROSEMARIE IF YOU ARE READING THIS POST CONTACT YOUR HUSBAND AND LET HIM KNOW YOU ARE SAFE.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline

Sillygirl, our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family at this sad time.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I haven't filed a missing persons report as of yet. She contacted her cousin in the Philippines and told her to contact me. I have to assume that she is okay and is not interested in any contact with me.

Glenn, this is just so sad. I know that this is a difficult time for you and I hope and pray that you find the strength and courage to face whatever it is that lies ahead. I hope that you will continue to let us know here how you are doing. Has your lawyer made any contact with you yet?

Hang in there! We're just a computer away if you need someone to talk to.

PW

What should I do? It has been over 48 hours now since I have heard anything related to her.I have no choice but to feel that I have been used. We were married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005. Do I file for divorce here in USA? I have emailed my attorney, but no response. I think he is only good at cashing checks. He was a major waste of $3000 for sure. Did she do this just to get here in the USA? If so, how can she stay? We had not applied for AOS. I don't like being used and want to know where she is.

Timeline

Hi :):) I went to the NSO office last Dec for my cenomar and birth certificate <mine and my baby's> Mine got release the same day, I was there early like 7:00 am and the line was already long, the guards give the forms that needs to be filled up then you have to fall in line, the pre screener will check what you wrote on the forms and will ask for an ID then you'll have to pay to the cashier and wait for your name to be called at the releasing section, all of my requests for that day has been released at 1:00 pm that same day.

Hi again everyone :blush:

how many weeks or days can a CENOMAR be released if i get one. I heard it is one month from the date you requested. thanks. i hope someone will answer me. thank you again.

I applied for CENOMAR thru internet since I didn't have time to travel and get caught up on long queuing. It cost me Php300 per copy and it was delivered one week after I paid for it at the bank. But as Gracy have said it, it usually takes one day to get a copy at NSO.

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Mae and Gracy for the replies. I really appreciate it and thank you really.

Good Luck to all of us in this journey.

God bless.

*i have another question... do we need to go to Malacanang Palace after we get the CENOMAR for seal or something. I hear from someone telling me that, and she said too it will take about one month to get the CENOMAR after i make a request for it. Anyways i'm going to the NSO tomorrow to get my BC and CENOMAR. Thank you very much again.

Edited by imaskin

~*God Speed*~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No need to go to Malacanang if you apply in US.

If you get CENOMAR took 10 working days, mand the BC is 3 days .

Good luck to you

*i have another question... do we need to go to Malacanang Palace after we get the CENOMAR for seal or something. I hear from someone telling me that, and she said too it will take about one month to get the CENOMAR after i make a request for it. Anyways i'm going to the NSO tomorrow to get my BC and CENOMAR. Thank you very much again.

~~~~~AOS Timeline:~~~~~

05/25/07 ----- Arrived in US

06/01/07 ----- TD shot done

06/21/07 ----- Sent package to Chicago

06/22/07 ----- received package @ 10:22 am

06/29/07 ----- AOS and EAD NOA1

09/14/07 ----- Biometrics done/touched

09/17/07 ----- AOS /EAD touched

11/26/07 ----- Interview received notice of Canceled from USCIS

10/12/07 ----- EAD card in hand

12/07/07 ----- Got my Driver License

12/17/07 ------ AOS Interview Approved

Hello....

Mirasol seems to think that the Baptismal Certificate is a required document, but I dont see it listed in any of the paperwork. Can anyone confirm or deny if a Baptismal Certificate is required in the Manila Embassy for a K1 applicant?

Thanks.

Scott (and Mirasol)

The baptismal certificate can be used as evidence of birth when the birth certificate is unavailable. However, the NSO in the Philippines must have proof of birth before entering a "late registration" into the National Statistics database and issuing an 'official' birth certificate. Official NSO documents are required by the Manila U.S. Embassy.

Filed: Other Timeline

how many weeks or days can a CENOMAR be released if i get one. I heard it is one month from the date you requested. thanks. i hope someone will answer me. thank you again.

CENOMAR; if you apply online on e-census it takes not longer than 6 days, much faster. But if you apply in the NSO office it takes 2 full weeks, mine takes 3 weeks because of the holy week.

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

Filed: Other Timeline

CENOMAR; if you apply online on e-census it takes not longer than 6 days, much faster. But if you apply in the NSO office it takes 2 full weeks, mine takes 3 weeks because of the holy week.

Just correction on my first post..

CENOMAR; if you apply online on e-census it takes not longer than 6 days costs P400, much faster. But if you apply in the NSO office it takes 2 full weeks it costs P180, mine takes 3 weeks because of the holy week. I had to get both because the one from e-census has the wrong birthplace and i couldn't have it corrected, thus wasting P400, it was confusing when you fill out online where to put birthplace, so to make sure i went to the NSO office and secure another copy.

I guess depends on the NSO branch. I never knew i could get it the same day if that's possible here in Manila then how come i didnt know it i even talked to the officer to release it faster than 3 weeks but they wont but i didn't offer any red tape i don't have to i believe since i still have enough time. CENOMAR no need to have authenticated at the Malacañang as far as I know

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.