Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Thank you for the well wishes and your reply. In answer to your question...at least Mir will go home to get Krrystal. Plane fares are really high right now for July. We plan to go pick her up then in time for school starting here in August. Its about $1400+ per ticket each for Mir and I to go round trip to Davao and back and another $800-1000 for Krrystal's one-way ticket here. It adds up quickly. If fares come down a little then we might both go, but if they stay where they are at now, then probably just Mir will go. Krrystal will only be 8 years old then, so we would not even consider her flying an international trip alone....even if it was possible, which I am not even sure they would allow it that young.

I agree too....lots of changing faces here. I think the trend has been to start a thread by month for those that are having filings and interviews and such. I don't post here as much as I did before too....mostly because of time. I have been hanging out in VJ lately because of questions I have had about the K-2 process. Luckily, the people here have been so helpful as always.

Ingat ka!

Scott

David and I are going back to the Philippines this June. I have been monitoring the airfare and so far, it's stuck on $1500+ per person, round trip. It's way too expensive but we'll still go and make that trip. We're hoping though that by the time we finally want to book the flight, it will be a little cheaper. Who knows... who knows...

Congrats on the successful interview. Hopefully the visa will be released soon. And hopefully, you and Mir will be able to go and get Krystal together... that would be nice.

I remember when this thread is the exclusive thread for us... we even got our own list taken cared by PW. I wonder where she is now? Since I don't work, I spend most of my time hanging here, reading and giving out pieces of advice.

Oh well... Have a good start of the week everyone!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Scott and Mir, Congratulations on your daughter's visa approval....hopefully you will be reunited soon. :thumbs:

Take care and wish everyone happiness! :luv:

Thank you!

David and I are going back to the Philippines this June. I have been monitoring the airfare and so far, it's stuck on $1500+ per person, round trip. It's way too expensive but we'll still go and make that trip. We're hoping though that by the time we finally want to book the flight, it will be a little cheaper. Who knows... who knows...

Congrats on the successful interview. Hopefully the visa will be released soon. And hopefully, you and Mir will be able to go and get Krystal together... that would be nice.

I remember when this thread is the exclusive thread for us... we even got our own list taken cared by PW. I wonder where she is now? Since I don't work, I spend most of my time hanging here, reading and giving out pieces of advice.

--Mae

Yes...I think with fuel prices so high now, its going to be hard to find a good fare. I look every day on many travel websites looking for something reasonable, but its still high. If I find something good, I will let you know and you can do the same. Just send us a message or post it here. What city are you flying from to Manila? We will go from San Francisco, CA.

Thanks for the congrats! It's really a good feeling to be done with that process....AGAIN!!! :lol: I hope to go pick-up Krrystal too, but its really airfare dependent.

Ok...bye for now.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Yes...I think with fuel prices so high now, its going to be hard to find a good fare. I look every day on many travel websites looking for something reasonable, but its still high. If I find something good, I will let you know and you can do the same. Just send us a message or post it here. What city are you flying from to Manila? We will go from San Francisco, CA.

Thanks for the congrats! It's really a good feeling to be done with that process....AGAIN!!! :lol: I hope to go pick-up Krrystal too, but its really airfare dependent.

Ok...bye for now.

Scott

We'll be flying from Springfield, MO. Like you, I have been monitoring the airfare too and haven't seen cheaper deals. If I will book a flight now for next month (April) the ticket is so much cheaper - $1,100++ tax and fees included - but the thing is, we planned on going by June. Maybe we will book a flight on May and see what we got. It can be so much higher or cheaper, either way, we will have no choice but take the trip.

Let me know if you'll find a bargain, ok? Thank you in advance!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi mae,

try onetravel.com.Maybe u can find a good deal there. I will be flying from Manila - Kansas City MO on April and my fiance bought my ticket just this week. Other website's prices has gone up but we were able to find a good price in that site. :) welcome back to pinas on June :)

-geene

Edited by shining_angel

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

[

Mae, Mira and I are visiting the Philippines in April. Yes, fares are more expensive than last year at the moment. I did a lot of searching to find the cheapest possible and got an $875 round trip including taxes etc from LA to Manila on Cathay Pacific. Eva Air are running specials from Seattle through May if you can still find seats, 650 plus tax is the lowest. www.bt-store.com also can find good deals on their search engine. Phillippine airlines usually has a low fare for one way immigrants from Manila. Hope this helps, good luck.

Cliff.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Mae, Mira and I are visiting the Philippines in April. Yes, fares are more expensive than last year at the moment. I did a lot of searching to find the cheapest possible and got an $875 round trip including taxes etc from LA to Manila on Cathay Pacific. Eva Air are running specials from Seattle through May if you can still find seats, 650 plus tax is the lowest. www.bt-store.com also can find good deals on their search engine. Phillippine airlines usually has a low fare for one way immigrants from Manila. Hope this helps, good luck.

Cliff.

Thanks a lot, Cliff!

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

Thank you for the well wishes and your reply. In answer to your question...at least Mir will go home to get Krrystal. Plane fares are really high right now for July. We plan to go pick her up then in time for school starting here in August. Its about $1400+ per ticket each for Mir and I to go round trip to Davao and back and another $800-1000 for Krrystal's one-way ticket here. It adds up quickly. If fares come down a little then we might both go, but if they stay where they are at now, then probably just Mir will go. Krrystal will only be 8 years old then, so we would not even consider her flying an international trip alone....even if it was possible, which I am not even sure they would allow it that young.

I agree too....lots of changing faces here. I think the trend has been to start a thread by month for those that are having filings and interviews and such. I don't post here as much as I did before too....mostly because of time. I have been hanging out in VJ lately because of questions I have had about the K-2 process. Luckily, the people here have been so helpful as always.

Ingat ka!

Scott

--Mae

Oppss :blush::blush::blush: ..i feel somewhat guilty for not being here for a while but doenst mean i forget our VJ family. Yap where's Ate Cora and the rest of us?! :unsure:

Mira and Scott, congratulations for krystal's visa, how u doin' guys?!

...and for those who got approved and got their visa in hand...CHEERS!! :dance::dance:

Hey Mae, ur such a good help for our vj family keep it up!!!

Welcome to our new VJ members, u will not regret for being a part of this wonderful site...goodluck to our journey!!!

~maria

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline

hi bien,

yeah bugnaw sad diri uy, we are at 30-40's on some days and 50-60's on other days...

i hope you will get pregnant soon too.. :dance:

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
yeah bugnaw sad diri uy, we are at 30-40's on some days and 50-60's on other days...

:dance:

mga igsoon kong bisaya:)

it's mid 50's to 60 here in portland, or :) the weather is getting warmer :luv: bisdak loves it

hi to all the old and new manila thread members.

-imaskin

~*God Speed*~

WOOOHOOO!!!!! :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance: Thank you Lord!!!!

Our daughter's K-2 Visa arrived yesterday via Delbros!!!! Now she can come to the states and we can be a happy family together! We will wait till July just before the next school year starts, but the visa process for our family is finally done! (Except her AOS... :lol: ) WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks to all those that helped along the way and to the Lord for making all things possible!

Take care!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Our daughter's K-2 Visa arrived yesterday via Delbros!!!! Now she can come to the states and we can be a happy family together! We will wait till July just before the next school year starts, but the visa process for our family is finally done! (Except her AOS... :lol: ) WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks to all those that helped along the way and to the Lord for making all things possible!

Take care!

Scott

:dance: :dance: :dance:Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

Timeline

hi imaskin! yez bisdak kaayo ko uy! well it is still cold here in evansville but it's getting warmer over the month of march...i'm gonna love it too..kapoy ug sul-ob ug daghang layers uy! bug-at sa lawas hehe :crying:

hi everyone!

:dance:

mga igsoon kong bisaya:)

it's mid 50's to 60 here in portland, or :) the weather is getting warmer :luv: bisdak loves it

hi to all the old and new manila thread members.

-imaskin

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

Timeline

congratulations on your daughter's visa approval scott!! goodluck with the AOS!! :dance::dance:

Take care!

Scott

Take care!

Scott

Yeah Baby Yeah!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Take care!

Scott

congrats.gif

:thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.