Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Congrats, Scott and Mir! I'm sure Mir is very much delighted with the result of the visa process!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Thank you everyone for the congratulations! We are very happy and excited that Krrystal will be here soon. Good luck to those still in the visa process. We pray that your patience and diligence will pay off in the end for all of you.

Ingat ka!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats Scott and Mirasol, I'm happy for you guys. Haven't been in here for a while, I started working 2 weeks ago and I'm overwhelmed, having NOC shift doesnt help either.

Hope everybody is doing great and good luck on the upcoming interviews

Congrats Scott and Mirasol, I'm happy for you guys. Haven't been in here for a while, I started working 2 weeks ago and I'm overwhelmed, having NOC shift doesnt help either.

Thanks! Congrats on finding work too! What is the "NOC" shift? I guessed the N = Nights, but not sure about the OC...:)

Scott and Mirasol

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Timeline
Mae, Mira and I are visiting the Philippines in April. Yes, fares are more expensive than last year at the moment. I did a lot of searching to find the cheapest possible and got an $875 round trip including taxes etc from LA to Manila on Cathay Pacific. Eva Air are running specials from Seattle through May if you can still find seats, 650 plus tax is the lowest. www.bt-store.com also can find good deals on their search engine. Phillippine airlines usually has a low fare for one way immigrants from Manila. Hope this helps, good luck.

Cliff.

Since June is in the prime travel months, it's bound to be more expensive. I was looking at economytravel.com the best thing about them is that they are a little lower than most sites and show you the total including all taxes and fees before you book. I am still hesitant to start booking airfare, since Riza and I have no idea how long it will be.

-Ryan

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Thanks! Congrats on finding work too! What is the "NOC" shift? I guessed the N = Nights, but not sure about the OC...:)

Scott and Mirasol

think that NOC is short for nocturnal. guess it's not as dreary sounding as graveyard shift. :whistle:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Scott and Mirasol

think that NOC is short for nocturnal. guess it's not as dreary sounding as graveyard shift. :whistle:

LOL....ic okay. Thank you!

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Timeline

Scott and Mirasol

I think so too. Anyway its my day off today so I'm gonna catch up on some sleep.

Gracy<-------- sleepy head :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Scott and Mirasol

I think so too. Anyway its my day off today so I'm gonna catch up on some sleep.

Gracy<-------- sleepy head :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Ok...now I get it. Hope you were able to catch up in your sleep. Mirasol works in the day time, but she is always tired too. It's because she goes to bed too late and wakes up very early, so she is always tired during the week. She makes up for her sleep on the weekends. :lol:

Hope everything is going well for you and your new family there. We are doing good here. Going to a concert on Saturday night with Sarah Geronimo, Richellene (sp?) Go, Mark Bautista and Christian Bautista in San Jose. Should be a good time. Other than that, just working a lot.

Take care.

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Wishing you all a very happy Easter from our family to yours!!!

923706ih6kqe44mp.gif

Scott and Mirasol

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Hope everyone had a great Easter.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

hi! hows everyone? anyway i have a few concerns. how many days/weeks does it take for me to receive my NOA1? coz i sent my AOS package last feb 26, 2008 but until now i dont receive any notice yet. is there a number where i can call to inquire about my package? or how can i check if they already received my package? i didnt send my personal check that's why i cant check it if they have encashed the payment already, instead i sent them a cashier's check. thank you in advance.

hi! hows everyone? anyway i have a few concerns. how many days/weeks does it take for me to receive my NOA1? coz i sent my AOS package last feb 26, 2008 but until now i dont receive any notice yet. is there a number where i can call to inquire about my package? or how can i check if they already received my package? i didnt send my personal check that's why i cant check it if they have encashed the payment already, instead i sent them a cashier's check. thank you in advance.

My friend is in the same boat with you so that makes me think that they are pretty slow in issuing notices. Did you send your AOS package with a return receipt where you will receive a receipt if your package has been delivered? How about a tracking number for your package so you can track if it arrived safely in Chicago Lockbox? That's what I did with my paperwork so I could monitor it's shipment. You can try calling their Customer Service but I don't think they could help you.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

Timeline
My friend is in the same boat with you so that makes me think that they are pretty slow in issuing notices. Did you send your AOS package with a return receipt where you will receive a receipt if your package has been delivered? How about a tracking number for your package so you can track if it arrived safely in Chicago Lockbox? That's what I did with my paperwork so I could monitor it's shipment. You can try calling their Customer Service but I don't think they could help you.

--Mae

yes. i have. it says its been delivered in the chicago lockbox but that was like 3 weeks ago and eversince i didnt receive any notices yet. hmm :wacko:

--Mae

yes. i have. it says its been delivered in the chicago lockbox but that was like 3 weeks ago and eversince i didnt receive any notices yet. hmm :wacko:

I see... Like I said above, you can try calling their Customer Service but I don't think they could help you. I bet they'll tell you to wait for 90 days for the NOA to be issued but for your peace of mind, at least try. Who knows, your case might be in their system already despite lacking of Notice of Action. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.