Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I called the Visa Service Center (VSC).

so I already got a response for the the embassy saying I must follow the information in the interview letter. But it doesn't say which date is correct. :angry: Am I missing something? Couldn't they have just said what the correct date is and that is has or has not changed. Why do they have to be so rass difficult?

Because they don't want to admit that they did something wrong :angry:

I would think to use the interview letter because that will be your "admission ticket" to the embassy. They won't let you in without it and if the date differs, they will just send you away. Think of those that go a few hours earlier than their interview time, they are told to wait.

It's just a shame !!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what you are going to need to do is wait for the letter to come...like someone else said it is your ticket into the embassy with out it NO INTERVIEW.. they will check the date on it...so my advice wait for the letter to come..they said they sent it....and if it doesn't come and you are a couple of weeks away from the 1st date call them and ask again tell them he didn't get the letter and ask if he can pick it up at the embassy....

Dee -- His Green Card expires that fast??? You just got it.... DANG.....I can't believe they didn't give you the 10-year one.....idiots!!!

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How soon can we file to lift the conditions?

Never mind I found it. at least 90 days prior to the experiation date, that gives us four months :blink:

When does his green card expire?

Andre's expires May 11, 2008 so our time frame is from Feb 11-May 10 to file.

Edited by Jme3584

Jamie -- Count back 90 days from the day it expires.....don't just take the "30-day month block".....I just read something about that in that thread......if you go back in 30 day increments you might end up filing a few days too early. That is if you are as ####### as me and are planning on sending it the first minute you possibly can!!! :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Well, regardless of if they really need to be or not, or if they even make sense, the packet does have paperwork in it from the embassy that states they do need to be notarized. Would you really risk not doing it?

I did NOT notarize them and we had no problem. Has anyone EVER had a problem because they didn't notarize their tax returns???

The kicker to all this is that we didn't have to see a civil surgeon for AOS here or any of that either; but others have and some people are freaking out about this very issue right now.

You just never know what they are going to require and since it changes day to day, if I could, I would do everything they say the first time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Dee -- His Green Card expires that fast??? You just got it.... DANG.....I can't believe they didn't give you the 10-year one.....idiots!!!

Good question. I thought you can only get the 10 year green card if you're married for two years. Please look at the expiration date and let us know.

Timeline
:ot: Has anyone ever (or known someone else who has) left their belly button ring in while they were pregnant? Don't laugh :blush: I've heard that it won't hurt anything and as long as it doesn't bother me, I can leave it in. I already bought a flexible plastic one to replace the metal one. Any insight would be helpful.

I need to buy the plastic preggie one - getting a blue one and I hope that I can keep it in until I deliver. My piercing was a b**** to heal and I do not want it to close. Have had it over 7 years now.

Good morning all :) happy Friday

Just make sure your doctor allows you to keep in in . Mine refused and it closed up way too fast.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Well, regardless of if they really need to be or not, or if they even make sense, the packet does have paperwork in it from the embassy that states they do need to be notarized. Would you really risk not doing it?

I did NOT notarize them and we had no problem. Has anyone EVER had a problem because they didn't notarize their tax returns???

The kicker to all this is that we didn't have to see a civil surgeon for AOS here or any of that either; but others have and some people are freaking out about this very issue right now.

You just never know what they are going to require and since it changes day to day, if I could, I would do everything they say the first time.

I never notarized my taxes.

We got our vaccination supplement form filled out anyway (we didn't receive an RFE) for $11 right before our AOS interview. The interviewer didn't ask for it until I mentioned it. She said thank god because they would have requested it later which would have delayed the process. Better safe than sorry.

Timeline

so I already got a response for the the embassy saying I must follow the information in the interview letter. But it doesn't say which date is correct. :angry: Am I missing something? Couldn't they have just said what the correct date is and that is has or has not changed. Why do they have to be so rass difficult?

I'm sorry to have to ask you to repeat yourself, but did you call the National Visa Center (NVC) at 603-334-0700 or VSC in Vermont?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

I agree you should wait for the interview letter from NVC, BUT if by chance you don't recv it make sure you print off the email w/ the actual date.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I call the VSC this morning just to make sure the information I received from the embassy in the email was consistent. She tells me the interview is September 4th at 12:30 pm :huh:

It's two days earlier and at a far better time but now I don't know which one to believe. The email said they were mailing out the letter that same day so i'm pretty sure it's going to day sept 7 at 7am. I sent another email double checking with them. Hopefully they will respond today. The problem is my husband is so stubborn if he doesn't see it in writing he's not going to believe me. He hardly believes that he really does have an interview date :bonk: and is waiting on the letter in the mail.

And knowing how backwards the embassy is, I doubt they will send out another letter with the date change if in fact that date is accurate. for those of you who have had your dates changed did you get an update letter?

thanks

Actually, ours was the same day for Sept 6,. I believe yours was 7am and mines was 8am. Then, they called my fiance and told him that his interview date has been rescheduled for 9/4 at 12:30pm and that they would send a second pkg in the mail so to disregard the first one. I am in the same boat as you because I don't no which one to believe. At first I didn't believe my fiance and he was like I"M TELLING THE TRUTH. So I took his word for it and now that you say the same thing I am believing it. It better be the 4th because I requested days off for the 4th and I am getting ready to buy my ticket. I don't know I will have to email them. Good luck with that! I need some :angry:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

I'm sorry to have to ask you to repeat yourself, but did you call the National Visa Center (NVC) at 603-334-0700 or VSC in Vermont?

The US State Department Visa Office in Washington 2026631225 but the NVC calls it the visa service center

I will not be receiving the appt letter from the NVC since they were not the ones who scheduled my interview. Based on 12/11's post I expect they will send a letter with the correct information. We should have everything ready in time for either date so I've decided not to stress about it.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.