Jump to content

Tranfer from consular processing to AOS in US

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am a US citizen and my husband enter with H2B visa, I-94 expired on January 2017 but stayed in US, he is not working, he was waiting for USCIS' answer.
We filed I-130 and was approved, NVC just sent us the welcome letter but we want to apply for AOS.
We didn't filed I-485 together with I-130 because we didn't know then that we could do it, we found out until I-130 was approved.
Can we just send I-485 with copy of I-130 approval to USCIS so they can switch our case to AOS instead of consular processing? Or what can we do?

We will really appreciate your help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.