Amazing_journey

Bringing monir children after AOS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI there! I just wanna ask, how long would the process take if I petition my 2 kids (under 10yo) after I get my Green card? I would probably get thru my fiancé visa status. And what do you call that corresponding visa for petitioning minor kids? They do have a tourist visa valid for 10 years, however would they still be allowed to enter US even during the processing? Please someone enlighten me. Appreciate your response :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Where are you in the process right now? You're children was mentioned on the i129f, right?

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your children can use their tourist visas to visit.  They can not use them to immigrate and wait in the US for their green card since this is consider fraud.

If your K-1 was issued within the last year, then your children can apply for K-2 visas.  K-2 visas can only be issued within one year of your K-1 issue date.  The children will need their own AOS in order to get green cards.  Your husband is the petitioner.

If you file you as a green card holder, then it's two years for immigration visas for your children.  A bad choice.

If your husband files for immigration visas for your children, it will take a year.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

Where are you in the process right now? You're children was mentioned on the i129f, right?

HI! Yes there were mentioned in i129f. But I was planning to get them after I process the AOS (after we get married thru K1) So was it K2 visa now?

22 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Your children can use their tourist visas to visit.  They can not use them to immigrate and wait in the US for their green card since this is consider fraud.

If your K-1 was issued within the last year, then your children can apply for K-2 visas.  K-2 visas can only be issued within one year of your K-1 issue date.  The children will need their own AOS in order to get green cards.  Your husband is the petitioner.

If you file you as a green card holder, then it's two years for immigration visas for your children.  A bad choice.

If your husband files for immigration visas for your children, it will take a year.

NIce thank you for the infos. So if my k1 visa was issued aug 2016, so its still valid to apply for k2 until aug 2017? If also my children decide to pay me a visit, would they still be allowed to enter US, if they have a pending GC application? Was afraid they might not accepted thru the border, and will be send back home same day of their arrival in the US

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Amazing_journey said:

HI! Yes there were mentioned in i129f. But I was planning to get them after I process the AOS (after we get married thru K1) So was it K2 visa now?

NIce thank you for the infos. So if my k1 visa was issued aug 2016, so its still valid to apply for k2 until aug 2017? If also my children decide to pay me a visit, would they still be allowed to enter US, if they have a pending GC application? Was afraid they might not accepted thru the border, and will be send back home same day of their arrival in the US

Depending on where you are in the AOS process (please enlighten us), you might have to wait longer than until aug 2017 for your GC. Why do you want to wait and risk a delayed process for your children?

Theoretically your children can visit, but they may be turned away at the border for lack of ties to home (also, who will accompany them on the flight?).

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Timeline
26 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

Depending on where you are in the AOS process (please enlighten us), you might have to wait longer than until aug 2017 for your GC. Why do you want to wait and risk a delayed process for your children?

Theoretically your children can visit, but they may be turned away at the border for lack of ties to home (also, who will accompany them on the flight?).

Still on the process of submitting my k1 visa application. Just wondering here if how the process goes and seeing other options. Of course, I want to get my children as early as possible after we processed the AOS. so my question here again is this, what's the best time or the earliest possible time for me to apply for K2? would it be good if I apply them same time as I apply for my AOS? Because, I won't be able to take them with me as the moment I fly to the US. Our initial plan is to get them after we get married.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Amazing_journey said:

Still on the process of submitting my k1 visa application. Just wondering here if how the process goes and seeing other options. Of course, I want to get my children as early as possible after we processed the AOS. so my question here again is this, what's the best time or the earliest possible time for me to apply for K2? would it be good if I apply them same time as I apply for my AOS? Because, I won't be able to take them with me as the moment I fly to the US. Our initial plan is to get them after we get married.

It really would be easiest to have them go through the process together with you. However, you can have them join as follow-to-join K2 any time in the one year time-span from your visa is activated. You don't have to wait for AOS.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Timeline
15 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

It really would be easiest to have them go through the process together with you. However, you can have them join as follow-to-join K2 any time in the one year time-span from your visa is activated. You don't have to wait for AOS.

Ah nice to know!!! Now I have clearer view of the whole process now. thank you so much for your kind help, much appreciated! :)

Timeline

Another quick question, what docs should I present or submit for the application of my 2 kids, can I just show them my annulment papers letting them know that I have the sole custody of my children? Or would they ask for more docs? I can only think of the annulment papers for now. Appreciate your response. Tia!

Timeline
On 11.2.2017 at 6:00 AM, Amazing_journey said:

Another quick question, what docs should I present or submit for the application of my 2 kids, can I just show them my annulment papers letting them know that I have the sole custody of my children? Or would they ask for more docs? I can only think of the annulment papers for now. Appreciate your response. Tia!

You will need their birth certificates. They will also need medicals done.

You will have to show sole custody (or that the father allows you to bring them abroad), however what is acceptable proof of that depends on the country. You might want to read up on that in the PI sub-forum.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.