JimmyJane

Interview Done- Passport Untrackable!

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I had my interview for K1 at Sydney Consulate on Jan 24 and the man told me the visa was approved and my passport would be sent back within a week.

It's well over that time now and I have not received my passport- and the only tracking I could find gave me an automated message along the lines of "no status found for this passport number".

I'm slightly freaking out- is this normal?!  Is there any other way to find out what is happening with my passport/case?  I am worried they required more information/documents and it's just been left in limbo.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes! This is normal :) Track your VISA on the CEAC website instead. Mine went like this:

READY (day of interview)-> READY (case was updated because I was approved)-> READY (Changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant, new case-creation date as well)-> ISSUED

On the embassy website I couldn't track it until a few hrs after my visa had been issued! 

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

Thank you!

I just had a look at what I think is CEAC tracker and it tells me READY- but says

" Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section."

I've had my interview!!  Am I missing something or is this a standard message?!  I am trying not to stress TOO much but the interviewer made it sound like it would be back in a few days and now I can't find any trace of it!

And am I looking it up as a NON-Immigrant visa (which I thought K1 is) or an Immigrant (which is the one I searched, as my case number matched the format best).

Edited by JimmyJane

Oh #######, now I'm REALLY worried!

If they want more information/documents, how do they request it? I can only think something like that is holding it up, but I haven't heard anything....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

No don't stress, every case is different, ours was very straight forward and easy.  Try and contact the embassy if you can.  Here is an email you can try  SydneyIV@state.gov  

I emailed them about a potential error on my visa and they got back to me within the day.

Thanks Kristy- my case seemed very straightforward too and the interview was really quick, couple of questions and then "You're approved, have a nice day!" kinda deal...

I tried emailing that address but only got an automated message back that seemed to say they wouldn't answer any queries in regards to K visas...do you mind letting me know if you used a subject line that might've caught their attention rather than get trashed as another darn status update? :)

Edited by JimmyJane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah ours was much like that.  I got the automatic email back too and then they responded.  I just put visa error in there :wacko:

I am sure everything is ok, try and see if there is a number you can call

Thanks again Kristy!  I was hoping my case would be like yours- passport back in a few days, yay! so I'm just stressing my little head off now that it's not so simple! :)

Edited by JimmyJane

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.