tds0317

ITIN Coufusion

27 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Leo & Angie said:

When I call I choose I choose the option for personal tax return info then I press 0 until it says it doesn't recognize my option and to hold for an operator. When the operator comes on tell them you need to speak to someone about the W-7 you submitted they should say hold on for transfer to accounting department.  once someone from accounts came online I told them they needed my hubby on the line since it's his W-7 but all she ask was name country of citizenship and documents we sent which was birth certificate and DL (all foreign) then she said it was approved today 

Your lucky. They didn't tell me anything about mine and said it can take 14 weeks!? :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mthldou said:

Your lucky. They didn't tell me anything about mine and said it can take 14 weeks!? :(

1 minute ago, Mthldou said:

Oh no. Try again tomorrow, it's so sad when half of them is supportive and the rest just don't care ?. Try again until you get a nice person. The first girl hung up on by accident I'm assuming the second lady was extremely nice but she said she can only talk to my hubby so I did a conference and the third person we get was absolutely nice as well she verified my hubby and ask him if it's ok to talk with me on the phone. I wasn't giving up I needed to know because it's not like we can track it I just couldn't wait until march 30 only to get bad news. Try tomorrow or Friday 

Filed: Timeline

Did you send yours to the Texas address?  I did it approximately the same time.  The accountant was a CAA (I believe that's the term), so she completed the W7 and verified my spouses passport.  Hope it works out okay!  Glad yours is coming quickly!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, tds0317 said:

Did you send yours to the Texas address?  I did it approximately the same time.  The accountant was a CAA (I believe that's the term), so she completed the W7 and verified my spouses passport.  Hope it works out okay!  Glad yours is coming quickly!!

I did send mines to the Texas address...call them that's what I did. There's no way to track it by ourselves that's why I didn't want to sit there for 6-8 weeks thinking everything ok. I called and they told me it was approve 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know this post is a few weeks old, but if I am understanding correctly, you mail the tax return with the ITIN W-7 forms?  

Also, we are applying for ITIN numbers for my husband's 2 kids who live in Mexico.  Should we still put our address for the mailing address and then the Mexico address for the 2nd address or Foreign address?

I just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, ampabst said:

I know this post is a few weeks old, but if I am understanding correctly, you mail the tax return with the ITIN W-7 forms?  

Also, we are applying for ITIN numbers for my husband's 2 kids who live in Mexico.  Should we still put our address for the mailing address and then the Mexico address for the 2nd address or Foreign address?

I just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks!

Yes you mail the W-7 along with your paper federal tax return.. The answer to your second question is also yes

Filed: Timeline

The ITIN is a disastorous process. The passport has to be certified by a CAA.  Ours was denied because my spouses passport is still in the maiden name.  Whole process is terrible.  I think the best thing is to do an extension and wait for a SS number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 3/8/2017 at 6:02 PM, Leo & Angie said:

Submitted W-7 with my federal return on 2/14/17 was received by IRS on 2/17/17. I called this morning 3/8/17 and was told it was approved today and ITIN # generated and mailed out. Was told to wait 7-15 days for ITIN # and letter in mail. So glad that's over I can do my state returns in time??

Thank you Leo & Angie; your post helped me a lot because I was able to have a get an genera and accurate  idea about the timing of the ITIN process.  I was worried because I sent my original passport to IRS and I just started looking at different forum the last three weeks. By reading through all the posts I noticed that majority of Users sent their Certified copies to the  IRS office. Below, you will find my timeline:

February 18 :  filed my wife's tax returns along with my W7 ITIN application via paper 
February 19 : I mailed my wife's tax returns along with my W7 and original passport to IRS office in Austin TX via USPS priority mail 
February 21: IRS received my package 
March 14 : IRS  processed  my W7  
March 17 : I called IRS office office to check the status of my ITIN application. They told me to wait for at least 60 days 
March 20: I called IRS office again and discovered that my application was approved and my ITIN has been assigned on MARCH 17 :o:jest::jest:. The IRS officer shared the ITIN with me and my State Income Tax Returns was submitted the next day. 
March 25: I received my ITIN assignment letter CP565 by Mail

I expect to get my ORIGINAL PASSPORT back by April 22 and my refund by  April 29 (the latest.)  I will keep you posted.

All the best for the folks who are waiting to get the documents back or waiting for ITIN.  

Timeline
On 26/03/2017 at 1:10 PM, CLAUDE & Natalie said:
Thank you Leo & Angie; your post helped me a lot because I was able to have a get an genera and accurate  idea about the timing of the ITIN process.  I was worried because I sent my original passport to IRS and I just started looking at different forum the last three weeks. By reading through all the posts I noticed that majority of Users sent their Certified copies to the  IRS office. Below, you will find my timeline:

February 18 :  filed my wife's tax returns along with my W7 ITIN application via paper 
February 19 : I mailed my wife's tax returns along with my W7 and original passport to IRS office in Austin TX via USPS priority mail 
March 17 : I called IRS office office to check the status of my ITIN application. They told me to wait for at least 60 days 
March 20: I called IRS office again and discovered that my application was approved and my ITIN has been assigned on MARCH 17 :o:jest::jest:. The IRS officer shared the ITIN with me and my State Income Tax Returns was submitted the next day. 

I expect to get my ORIGINAL PASSPORT back by April 22 and my refund by  April 29 (the latest.)  I will keep you posted.

All the best for the folks who are waiting to get the documents back or waiting for ITIN.  

March 27: I got my original passport back by mail. :rolleyes::jest:

Edited by CLAUDE & Natalie

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 3/26/2017 at 0:10 PM, CLAUDE & Natalie said:

How did you know that they processed your w7? 

They received mine on February 15 th and I have no updates 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mthldou said:

How did you know that they processed your w7? 

They received mine on February 15 th and I have no updates 

I called several times (800) 829 1040 asking them to check my W7 application status.

Good luck 

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question any of you guys have gotten your refunds back?

I submitted my tax returns with the w7 form for my husband he is currently living in mexico waiting for the interview in ciudad juarez.

I received my state refund but can not cash it because its under my husband and my name.

The bank account is only under my name and the teller from the bank told me I can not cash it until he comes here to the US and go to the branch and be added to my account.

Is there any way I can do it?

My tax returns and w7 are under review I did get back his credencial and his birth certificate back in the mail already so idk what does that suppose to mean. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.