JemFiggy

SLEC Medical: Admits Marijuana Use

15 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys, Im wondering if you can help me. Im under petition for F2B visa by my mother. I recently had my 1st Day Medical and admitted that i had one time experience in smoking marijuana about 8 months ago.  So after that i was scheduled to undergo psych interview this week (Jan.20) then after that will be scheduled for the 2nd day medical including immunisation and vaccines. Now Im having second thoughts on continuing my petition. I read on some of the threads here that there's a big chance (99%) that my petition will be denied or get ban for a number of years. 

Is it possible to cancel my petition even if you've done half of the medical and have a scheduled interview with the embassy already on the 27th of Jan. 

Your kind advised is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JemFiggy said:

Hi Guys, Im wondering if you can help me. Im under petition for F2B visa by my mother. I recently had my 1st Day Medical and admitted that i had one time experience in smoking marijuana about 8 months ago.  So after that i was scheduled to undergo psych interview this week (Jan.20) then after that will be scheduled for the 2nd day medical including immunisation and vaccines. Now Im having second thoughts on continuing my petition. I read on some of the threads here that there's a big chance (99%) that my petition will be denied or get ban for a number of years. 

Is it possible to cancel my petition even if you've done half of the medical and have a scheduled interview with the embassy already on the 27th of Jan. 

Your kind advised is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers!

You are worrying WAY too much!  You will be fine.  One time use is not an issue at all.  Embassy won't even ask about it ;)

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Thank you for your quick response VJ (Sagot). I guess i'll just have to go with the flow. Hopefully i'll be included on the lucky ones who have been issued a visa. :)

On another note, i currently have non-immigrant visa and have been flying in and out of the US every year for the last 10 years for business and pleasure (B1/B2) since my work requires me to go. My non-immigrant visa will expire on 2018. What if i decide not to continue my immigrant visa and instead continue being a non-immigrant visa holder. Will it be ok if i pullout my immigrant application and cancel the interview with UCIS/NVC on the last minute say one week before the schedule date? What do you think will happen to my non-immigrant visa and immigrant visa application? Hoping for your usual support. Thanks.

Timeline

No idea what would happen with your B1/2 visa.   Cancelling the immigrant visa application may have no effect or positive.  (shows no desire to immigrate)

You don't seem to be too excited about the immigrant visa.   My have to ponder things..

Your hesitating with going forward and I don't think has anything to do with smoking MJ. It's difficult to give you a reasonable answer IF your holding back the "whole" story as to why you want to cancel. 

With your current situation I see no reason not to move forward with the FB2 visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hi Greenbaum, Sagot,

Thank you for your comment, i really appreciate it. You're correct im a bit hesitant in moving forward with the F2B with or without the MJ issue. When i was younger all i wanted to do is move to the US with my family, that is why my mother processed our petition papers. My concern actually is i have a career here (Sales-IT Industry) in the Philippines and a good position in the company, i think im happy with were i am right now. But if i move ahead with my F2B visa and go to the US, i have to eventually leave my work and try to establish myself in the US right? I believe i can find a decent job in the US, it may not be the same position or industry where i am right now but im sure it will take time probably 2-3 years to establish myself. Im 45 years old already and i dont have much time to starting all over again. Having said that, if for some reason after a couple of months or years i dont feel like staying in the US and go back to the Philippines. Im pretty sure i wont have the same job/connections/network of people i have right now.

Thats why my other question is, if ever i decide not to migrate whats the processes of withdrawing my F2B application in the middle of my medical exams and pending interview with the embassy? What will be the repercussion with my non-immigrant visa, will it be valid still upto 2018? Will SLEC still continue to send the medical report to NVC even if i dont finish the whole process since i withdrew the application? Should i just go thru the whole process of F2B and decide later if i want to stay in the Philippines and surrender my LPR?

My worry is, NVC might cancel my non-immigrant visa if i decide to withdraw my application the last minute. I still want to visit my siblings and mother in the US from time to time and attend IT conventions in the future. 

Thanks so much in advance for your advice. Hope to hear from you soon. Just kinda confused right now on top of the MJ issue :) 

Cheers!

Edited by JemFiggy

Timeline
1 hour ago, JemFiggy said:

Hi Greenbaum, Sagot,

Thank you for your comment, i really appreciate it. You're correct im a bit hesitant in moving forward with the F2B with or without the MJ issue. When i was younger all i wanted to do is move to the US with my family, that is why my mother processed our petition papers. My concern actually is i have a career here (Sales-IT Industry) in the Philippines and a good position in the company, i think im happy with were i am right now. But if i move ahead with my F2B visa and go to the US, i have to eventually leave my work and try to establish myself in the US right? I believe i can find a decent job in the US, it may not be the same position or industry where i am right now but im sure it will take time probably 2-3 years to establish myself. Im 45 years old already and i dont have much time to starting all over again. Having said that, if for some reason after a couple of months or years i dont feel like staying in the US and go back to the Philippines. Im pretty sure i wont have the same job/connections/network of people i have right now.

Thats why my other question is, if ever i decide not to migrate whats the processes of withdrawing my F2B application in the middle of my medical exams and pending interview with the embassy? What will be the repercussion with my non-immigrant visa, will it be valid still upto 2018? Will SLEC still continue to send the medical report to NVC even if i dont finish the whole process since i withdrew the application? Should i just go thru the whole process of F2B and decide later if i want to stay in the Philippines and surrender my LPR?

My worry is, NVC might cancel my non-immigrant visa if i decide to withdraw my application the last minute. I still want to visit my siblings and mother in the US from time to time and attend IT conventions in the future. 

Thanks so much in advance for your advice. Hope to hear from you soon. Just kinda confused right now on top of the MJ issue :) 

Cheers!

I for sure see your concern.  Not a good time to change horses.

NVC can't cancel your non-immigrant visa, not their department.  USEM would not cancel without cause, or once you obtain your immigrant visa  (which is obvious cause), so if you cancel the process at USEM I don't see anything changing with your B1/B2 visa.

To cancel the visa process contact USEM, they may ask you and your petitioner to write a letter regarding cancelling.

Should your proceed?  Only you know the answer to that one.  

Maybe sleep on it for a couple days.

Almost bedtime here in Taguig. ;)

Almost forgot (before I turn off my confuser) 

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Edited by Sagot

Timeline

My sentiments exactly! Thanks for your guidance and support. I feel much better on whatever decision i'll make in a couple of days. I owe you guys some beer. Im just around BGC area in Taguig as well. Have a good night.

Cheers!

Timeline
Just now, JemFiggy said:

My sentiments exactly! Thanks for your guidance and support. I feel much better on whatever decision i'll make in a couple of days. I owe you guys some beer. Im just around BGC area in Taguig as well. Have a good night.

Cheers!

We were out by Market-Market (Titanic mall :lol: ) today.   Do get over that way from time to time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sagot WITH A BIG GRIN.... Big Bike Rider.  You may have hit a home run, likes beer and bikes. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
2 hours ago, JemFiggy said:

Cool hope to catch up with you guys soon. Let me know. Cheers! :)

Motorcycles..!    We will have to figure something out.

A8EtvkBrBzSkfEDuGvWieY60Wk74ZrGKt_U2qPZ0251soIhMSHjsjrJ8ItlHyxj-M57wdHPQgCrEBqV7ooRDY4xa3bKZQztocpITsINbX9xmuZTF_dkDAw_EM8gsx4zJh_7TZD0LSk488rJUq7nla4jtRoI-h46S-0CHhVzCfVyzgSHHAew6px4b__f1LwmfPLbPduhvEODBV4FCgnWBMSJXWMVKnX5hXurJV_PzJAWZnG-FHq98TUlJTjl1iIt7xT9lh8WUU1VyPLiddiKVV1clzJRg1JP_hDYIU6bsC5pPjHdPpRw4SVfP9Ix_0yPtCdXXR6nCF4HGkzGpUhccIOM5SaZ11qY-vp1tn7ePyVT4ayroKARDt9dQGCV0d4DSK8GDMVHF2jqg0DPME2PXwvgHRWqcFamHUoWbj1tEzhArQqz1aykC7EmIbSV3xawY4N7m_mz0V_aaZ55m0tBq2CXFiMSSIDIvnFFaJmPKY1Z0lYCJoRQsv3uDf_UQxyUNtog_rVOGIWOff4rLp47jih_iQdQvVRmtn6zgHdYFkuN-F1jsQmluvqOsghgqYsskDnaZKvpvPeMiIez7H7YeVTaXpNJPVFXJpyZR_PK-dsu8Zl2OqRgP=w800-h531-no

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Awesome bike you got there. HOG Philippines?! :) 

Im with The Long Riders club. See you guys soon. :)

thumb_IMG_9191_1024.jpg

Edited by JemFiggy

Timeline

That is a Yamaha, Royal Star, V-4     Don't see many on the roads, but they are durable

Ah Beemers!  Good bikes!  I like the boxer motors

Edited by Sagot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.