104 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Zazzy said:

The top three were checked for me. Need to bring passport, I-94, spouse and evidence of marriage and shared life. They must already have my medical details from the K1.

This is so strange!!! I don't get why ours doesn't have those boxes checked for bring your spouse or evidence of the marriage? I wonder if it was a mistake. 

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ljroul said:

Hey there. Honestly, processing times seem to have almost no rhyme or reason to them. There are folks on this forum who applied for AOS back in March of 2016 and just got interviews in March 2017. The Denver field office seems to be speeding things up a bit now, my husband and I applied on September 22, 2016 and we got our interview notice in the mail on April 13, 2017, and our interview is scheduled for May 18, 2017. 

As far as the RFE, I really can't say one way or another. We received an RFIE in October, they received our documents and resumed processing our case on November 4, 2016, and then we got the interview for May. I have no idea if we would have gotten an interview sooner if we hadn't had an RFE. Also, our status on the USCIS webpage has not been updated since November 4, it still says "We've received your response to our request for evidence" Sometimes they must just not update the website. I've seen some other people on the forum that their status had been "ready to be scheduled for an interview" for several months, so who knows.

At this point, I think it is safe to say that you *should* get an interview within a year of filing for AOS, and hopefully much sooner. We were thrilled with 8 months. I am now just super nervous for the interview. 

Best of luck to you and make sure to update us when you get new info!

Thanks. I do hope to get something soon. Best of luck to you too! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zazzy said:

Just got the letter with our interview date for June 7th! Filed October so hopefully others will hear soon too :)

Congrats! When did you have your biometrics appointment? I had mine December 1st week. It might be a factor too. 

1 minute ago, mary_mj said:

Congrats! When did you have your biometrics appointment? I had mine December 1st week. It might be a factor too. 

Biometrics was on the 16th of November so just a little before yours.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ljroul said:

This is so strange!!! I don't get why ours doesn't have those boxes checked for bring your spouse or evidence of the marriage? I wonder if it was a mistake. 

maybe you should bring the others too just in case. Never hurts to be prepared.  I'll do that when my time comes. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mary_mj said:

maybe you should bring the others too just in case. Never hurts to be prepared.  I'll do that when my time comes. 

I already am. I have tons of documents ready. I just find it weird that the boxes weren't checked. 

USCIS Process

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All Denver Filers.

This is the best forum for Denver Filers actually other forums dosent have much info for Denver AOS.

Guys my PD os Oct 2016 so i think i should be receiving interview letter soon as i saw someone posted that they received interview letter for June 2017 and they filled in oCt 2016.

I have a question. I didnt submitted my I-693 could you please guide me from where in Denver i should get my vaccination done and how much it will cost.

cheaper is better :)

Any reply is appreciated Thank you very much in advance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, vickykgp said:

Hello All Denver Filers.

This is the best forum for Denver Filers actually other forums dosent have much info for Denver AOS.

Guys my PD os Oct 2016 so i think i should be receiving interview letter soon as i saw someone posted that they received interview letter for June 2017 and they filled in oCt 2016.

I have a question. I didnt submitted my I-693 could you please guide me from where in Denver i should get my vaccination done and how much it will cost.

cheaper is better :)

Any reply is appreciated Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

I didn't submit I-693 either, just the medical (or I think just vaccination) from the visa processing. I think we don't have to submit I-693 while our medical is still within a year. I could be wrong. Maybe those who had been interviewed could confirm it. 

You have a priority date? We filed September and the noa date is October 2016 but there was no priority date indicated in the noa that we received. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think NOA case is different then mine, mine is adjustment of status family based. my Wife is a US citizen.

I submitted I130,I131,I864,I485, and I765.

And i am sure I693 is required i didnt submitted with other forms because it gets expired in a year and then you have to do it again so it was better to take that during interview. but i want to know from friends in this forum if they did submitted I-693 from where did they get that done and how much they paid.

Timeline
10 hours ago, vickykgp said:

Pls Any info will be helpful

I think it does depend on if you adjusted from a K-1 or not (which it looks like you didn't?) When you go through K-1 you have to have a medical done, and then I believe (don't take my word on this I could be wrong) that you do not have to have another medical done if your AOS interview is within a year.

My husband adjusted from a B2 visa, and we did not have him get a medical when we filed for AOS because we didn't want it to expire. Once we got our interview notice, we went ahead and got it. Depending on how many vaccinations you have, it is quite expensive. We went to MedNow clinics (there is one in Denver and one in Aurora) the exam is $110, the TB test is $20, the blood draw is $20 and the vaccinations are between $25 and $120, if you need a chest xray it's $40. For example, my husband needed 2 vaccines (MMR and TDAP) so the total cost was about $350, if you needed every single vaccine it would be quite pricy. 

You can also just Google Denver civil surgeons and call and check prices, we just went with MedNow because our lawyer recommended it and it was close to our house. You might be able to find lower prices if you search around. 

My advice is to gather all documents of your vaccine records, and if you don't have any check out either free/low cost health clinics or the local health department to get the vaccines done for cheaper. Also if you happen to have health insurance, most insurance covers all the basic vaccines. 

Before you go in you can also download and print out the I-693 from online and fill it out ahead of time. You can get it here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

Good Luck!

USCIS Process

Timeline

Denver friends, just wanted to provide an update on our case. We had our interview this morning at the Centennial office. I brought tons of documents for evidence of our marriage. When we got into the room and the Officer immediately said that she didn't need much from us and wouldn't take much of our time. She asked for our drivers' licenses and asked my husband to state his name, birthday, my name, my birthday and then went through the yes/no questions on the I-485. She asked us for his completed medical since we had not initially submitted one. She did not ask for any other evidence. Our lawyer presented her with some of our co-mingled assets & proof (bank account, utility bill, lease, pictures), and she said she would add those to the file. She told us that she probably would be able to approve our case today and that my husband would receive his green card within 30 days. 

Our status on USCIS was updated to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" not sure if that means that they need to review more or when we will actually be approved. Considering she didn't ask for any evidence I am hoping we don't get an RFE or anything. Now we wait once more!!

Good luck to everyone else interviewing soon!

USCIS Process

Timeline

Update: our card is being produced!! So excited!!

USCIS Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.