webcrawler

Help.. Wife lost passport with CR1 visa :(

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

The unimaginable worst thing has happened.. After a long year of waiting and receiving the visa, the day of our flight back to America.. my wife's family could not find her passport :(. Every other little piece of document was there. The passport has the CR1 visa on there. We immediately filed to get a new expedited passport made which she will get in 4 days. But now what I'm really worried about is what is the procedure to get the CR1 visa back on this new passport now? I called the Islamabad embassy where she had her original interview, but they refused to answer any questions about this and told me to submit a contact form online, which I've done but it could take up to 5 days for them to respond to tell me what to do...And we are dying not knowing how long this could take to get the visa back. 

Does anyone know the procedure or what happens if you lose the passport with the visa?? I read in one place online it has to go through a case again.. I'm praying so hard that it's not true and the embassy will just give the visa right away again. Let me know if anyone has experience like this or knows what the procedure will be.

Thank you!

02/24/16 - Received NOA1

05/17/16 - Received incorrect RFE, filed case with USCIS

06/21/16 - I-130 Approved, case sent to NVC

06/22/16 - Submitted DS-261

07/12/16 - Paid IV Bill

08/08/16 - Sent AOS/IV Documents

08/15/16 - NVC Received documents (Scan Date)

09/02/16 - CASE COMPLETE at NVC

10/31/16 - Interview Successful

11/06/16 - RECEIVED VISA!!

Wow how one loses something so important is beyond me, especially once you get the visa I feel like its priority to make sure you have it at all times knowing that getting another visa is close to impossible. why would her family even have her passport instead of her keeping it somewhere safe until her travel? Good luck all you can do is wait for the embassy to reply.. btw it sounds like her family didn't want her to leave and probably hid the passport or something because it just sounds so suspicious and abnormal to lose their child's passport with visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.