Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was removed at port of entry under 212 a 7 A i I  ........in 1996 my father took me to U.S. When I was 16 years old on a B1/B2 visa and left me with a relative but I overstayed for 9 years during that time I went to school and I worked illegally. I dated my girlfriend a U.S. Citizen for three years and decided to get married  in 2002 we Filed my change of status in early 2005 at the uscis office but our marriage did not work out so I left the U.S. In November 2005 voluntarily. she had the marriage anuled and I have no contact with her since then..... Now I have a family with three children and have  3 businesses  in my country. in 2016 I was granted with a B1B2 visa for ten years . So on October 2016 I decided to fly to US and visit my U.S. citizens sisters and stay with them for two months but at the airport I was denided entry under  212 a 7 A i I. The officer made the following observations 1-due to your prior immigration violation 2- my ticket was purchased 4 days ago 3- my ticket was purchased by my sister 4- it appears you have cleared your bank account (because I had 9.000$ on me) 5- you are willing to leave your family and work for two months. And gave me a five year bar, I told the officer that I don't intend to stay just visit family and do some bussines like buying cosmetics and bring it to my country which I already have done online my intentions were buy large quantities and get better prices.  What should I do? I need to go back to US. Should I File a 212 waiver. Pls help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

First, need =! want. You want to return to the US, you don't need to. 


Second, CBP have the final say and exclusive jurisdiction to decide which non-US citizens to admit. In this case they have decided that you are an intending immigrant without an immigrant visa and there is a good chance you will remain in the US beyond any period of authorised stay. 


You can try again once your five year bar has expired. 


It's possible you can re-apply for another B-2 visa before your five year bar has ended, but you'd likely have to file an I-212 waiver as part of that process. Given your history, that's going to be extremely difficult/impossible to do. 

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here



Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card



Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.