Tsquared141

Am I ready for my K1 interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I just thought I'd post what we have prepared for our K1 interview on Feb 1 and see if anyone could spot anything that we may be missing. 

Adoption decrees, marriage certificates, military records, court records, and death/divorce decrees do not apply to our case.  Below is what we have so far :)

Appointment confirmation letter

DS160 confirmation barcode page

Long form BC birth certificate + copy

Police Certificate (mine includes fingerprints and I'm not sure if this is required?)

Petitioner's completed I134 with IRS tax return, pay stubs, and letter of employment

Co-sponsor's completed I134 with IRS tax return, pay stubs, and letter of employment

Evidence of relationship including hotel receipts, ferry tickets, photos, other misc. receipts.

Two US style passport photos

Letters of intent to marry from petitioner and beneficiary that we will sign and date when my fiance comes up for trip to Montreal :)

Photocopy of entire original I129 package (maybe unnecessary?)

Returned copy of approved I129

Our hardcopy NOA2

If we are missing anything or if anything is completely unnecessary we would definitely appreciate the help! Thanks <3

Sounds like everything! You dont really need the I-129F copy but it's not a bad idea to take along. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bring what you have in the interview plus what I have listed below (if it's different). As per my experience they seem to ask for mostly standard things but randomly ask for stuff you may not bring. Mine went super smooth and this is what I brought:

Stuff to bring that the Packet 4 letter said:

1) Appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview

2) Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to enter the USA

3) Birth Certificate (Long form like this one http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/birth-adoption-death-marriage-and-divorce/births/images/bc-birth-cert-individual.jpg)

4) Police certificate (name check that searched Canadian Police Center / National Repository of Repository for Criminal records, Alberta Justice Online Information network & Edmonton Police Service records) -

5) Evidence of domicile in the USA

a. Copy of Passport

b. Copy of Drivers License

c. Utilities history (one year)

6) Affidavit of support I-134

a. 3 years tax returns (only asks for 1 and also only asks to provide if self -employed)

b. Letter from employer stating employment and salary

c. Letters certifying bank accounts, including deposit history

7) Medical Examination sealed package

8) 2 color 2x2 passport photographs

9) Letter of intent within 30 days

Extra stuff we are bringing

10) Current and previous passport biographic printed -

11) DS-160

12) Packet 3 package

13) Packet 3 checklist

14) Premium Document delivery email

15) Packet 4 email printed

16) I-797C 

17) I-797 Notice of Action

18) Approval letter 

19) Paycheck receipts going back to June 2016 (petitioner)

20) Life insurance certification letter (petitioner)

21) Last quarters statements for retirement accounts (petitioner)

22) Medical vaccination document from Dr. Cheema (the non do not open one)

23) X-ray CD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.