nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

She was not correct on that time. Its 3-6 weeks and you usually will get it about 3 weeks after entering the country. Also note that a lot of people when filling out there DS260 opted to have them to apply for a Social Security card so you think that you just wait for both the SS Card and the Green Card, but it won't come. Make sure that as soon as you receive your Green Card that you go down to the Social Security Office and apply for your Social Security card. It will take about a week or so to come after that. That way you aren't sitting around waiting for it only to find they never applied. 

@Shomefune96 u are right, but u don't even need to wait for ur green card, my husband arrived on Friday evening, we paid his green card fee on Saturday, Monday I took him to social security office with just his passport and they process his social security card and we received it same week on Saturday. Because everything shows on the visa same thing we did for his state ID. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, trustG said:

@Shomefune96 u are right, but u don't even need to wait for ur green card, my husband arrived on Friday evening, we paid his green card fee on Saturday, Monday I took him to social security office with just his passport and they process his social security card and we received it same week on Saturday. Because everything shows on the visa same thing we did for his state ID. 

Your correct on that. We had our green card already because we were waiting for both to come in, But that is definitely true, you only need the passport. We unfortunately can't get a state ID until he had his SSI Card. I tried that and they shut us down and told us we had to wait for that.  Probably a state thing, or the lady was just being a butt that day.  

17 hours ago, chris_trina said:

Well I called uscis yesterday to ask how long. Its been 180 since our case made it back to the uscis. The guy said he would put a work order in. I asked if I should withdraw my case he told me no. I also ask when are they sending the noir. He told me to hold tight they maybe sending it back to the Department of state. I don't know if this is a good sign or not.

Hang in there. Definitely do not withdraw your case. It took us exactly 13 months from the time the USCIS received our case back to the time that they reaffirmed our case. You have to remember that they process these cases on a first come first serve basis and they will process new applications before processing those that have been returned. It's a very long wait, but its worth it once you're together. My husband and I's total time from Applying to Visa Issuance was 3.5 years. I know that sounds horrible, some have been a little less but when your case is returned that's when the wait really starts. It's goes pretty fast in the beginning, but after its been denied and returned...ugh. But it will happen. So no worries. If they send back to the State Department that is great. It means they reaffirmed your case after finding no issues with your previously submitted documents. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

Your correct on that. We had our green card already because we were waiting for both to come in, But that is definitely true, you only need the passport. We unfortunately can't get a state ID until he had his SSI Card. I tried that and they shut us down and told us we had to wait for that.  Probably a state thing, or the lady was just being a butt that day.  

Hang in there. Definitely do not withdraw your case. It took us exactly 13 months from the time the USCIS received our case back to the time that they reaffirmed our case. You have to remember that they process these cases on a first come first serve basis and they will process new applications before processing those that have been returned. It's a very long wait, but its worth it once you're together. My husband and I's total time from Applying to Visa Issuance was 3.5 years. I know that sounds horrible, some have been a little less but when your case is returned that's when the wait really starts. It's goes pretty fast in the beginning, but after its been denied and returned...ugh. But it will happen. So no worries. If they send back to the State Department that is great. It means they reaffirmed your case after finding no issues with your previously submitted documents. 

@Shomefune96 yes u need the SS# for ur state ID sorry I didn't state that, we received his # on Saturday and we went on Tue to apply for his ID. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well after many phone calls to USCIS, I finally received a letter stating that our case has been assigned to an agent, and we should know within 60 days if he will be reaffirmed, or revoked. It's been SO long, I pray he is reaffirmed!!!!! It's been 11 months since USCIS received our case back from the embassy. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LadeanB said:

Well after many phone calls to USCIS, I finally received a letter stating that our case has been assigned to an agent, and we should know within 60 days if he will be reaffirmed, or revoked. It's been SO long, I pray he is reaffirmed!!!!! It's been 11 months since USCIS received our case back from the embassy. 

I know it's not easy but hang in there and keep ur faith high ours took 12 months. All the same try to gather all the evidence u can get and be prepare in case u received noir,  but I pray u get reaffirm. 

Timeline

Is it possible to get reaffirmed? I was just talking to a woman who's husband has been denied twice. She said I should be prepared to receive an NOIR and to get denied again...I was so excited to get the news today that our case was finally moving again, and she really brought me down :(

Timeline
Just now, LadeanB said:

Is it possible to get reaffirmed? I was just talking to a woman who's husband has been denied twice. She said I should be prepared to receive an NOIR and to get denied again...I was so excited to get the news today that our case was finally moving again, and she really brought me down :(

Every case is different so don't feel down it's all about prayers and just get ur evidence together, u don't know what they might write in the noir,  God hasn't given up on u guys so don't give up on urself. Stay blessed I'm here whenever u have any questions. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It’s frustrating and hard to wait and don’t listen to others who give negative advice. Some want you to fail so they can feel better about their own situations. Pray and keep moving forward. Did you file a ombudsman’s inquiry to get your letter from USCIS.

Timeline
13 hours ago, LadeanB said:

That is great to hear! You're moving along. Prayers for you. By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Timeline
12 hours ago, LadeanB said:

Oh that definitely doesn't mean that it will happen to you. Everyone's stuff is different. We were reaffirmed without ever receiving a NOIR, as a lot of us were. So you never know what they will do. Just make sure you're gathering more evidence just in case. And even if you don't receive a NOIR and you get reaffirmed, you can use whatever evidence you have gathered to provide at the next interview to get his visa. So its never in vain. Hang in there. You're on your way. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
15 hours ago, LadeanB said:

Of course, most people here who were denied post that they were reaffirmed.

Talk to people who understand the facts of the process not people who assume their denial means denial for everyone.
As long as you addressed every point of the NOIR letter and submit more evidence at his next interview appointment you have an excellent 
chance. I would fly over and be on the premises at his next interview, even though you won't be allowed inside, he can hand over your passport
as proof that you are waiting outside and it's another visit under your belt.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Of course, most people here who were denied post that they were reaffirmed.

Talk to people who understand the facts of the process not people who assume their denial means denial for everyone.
As long as you addressed every point of the NOIR letter and submit more evidence at his next interview appointment you have an excellent 
chance. I would fly over and be on the premises at his next interview, even though you won't be allowed inside, he can hand over your passport
as proof that you are waiting outside and it's another visit under your belt.

I made a copy of my visa stamps and ticket itineary and biography page of my passport and send it to my husband but it's also a good idea if u can go over, I wasn't able to go because I came back not long ago before our reaffirmed 

Timeline

I had planned on flying over to fly back with him, but I think being there for the interview is a good idea. I haven't got the NOIR letter yet, and when I talked to an agent she said it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and send more documentation, so I did, I sent copies of my last boarding pass, and my updated passport, visa,  drivers license, SS card to prove my last name change. Along with more, updated photos, and over 40 letters from family and friends from both sides showing their support.

Timeline

I'm going to give them the 60 days from the date of this last letter then I am calling my senators office. I told the last agent that an agent from the Visa center told me to call them every week until something happens. So after the 60 days I will be calling and calling until we hear something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.