nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, trustG said:

@Sundee my husband received his police report the same day because he has a friend in that department and he said he paid 100 ghc. But normally it takes between two to four weeks. 

Thank you for your reply. Hope you don’t mind me coming to you asking questions as I really don’t know what all to expect, so thank you again. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sundee said:

Thank you for your reply. Hope you don’t mind me coming to you asking questions as I really don’t know what all to expect, so thank you again. 

Don't hesitate at all,  I was the same till the end I'm always here asking questions and all the feedback and the opinions helps me a lot. So u don't have to worry that's what this platform is for. God willing ur hubby will be approved since they have new Co's @ the embassy now. Just gather all the evidence u can lay ur hands on. Also have u been visiting since u got married. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, trustG said:

Don't hesitate at all,  I was the same till the end I'm always here asking questions and all the feedback and the opinions helps me a lot. So u don't have to worry that's what this platform is for. God willing ur hubby will be approved since they have new Co's @ the embassy now. Just gather all the evidence u can lay ur hands on. Also have u been visiting since u got married. 

Yes we married Feb 1, 2016 and I’ve been there 3 times since then and will go again when I know he will have his interview as I’m bringing all the original documents he will need at his interview. 

I know I’m not allowed in at his interview but I will be right outdoors giving him support before he goes in.

I appreciate all your feedback and all the assistance I can gather..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Yes we married Feb 1, 2016 and I’ve been there 3 times since then and will go again when I know he will have his interview as I’m bringing all the original documents he will need at his interview. 

I know I’m not allowed in at his interview but I will be right outdoors giving him support before he goes in.

I appreciate all your feedback and all the assistance I can gather..

That's great I did that on our first interview and I was allow to go in with my husband but I heard things have changed.  Take all your itinerary with u and add them to ur documents also u can give him ur passport, I made a copy of my passport biography data page and send it to my husband, with my married name, I change my last name on all my document including my passport. 

Edited by trustG

Timeline
13 minutes ago, trustG said:

That's great I did that on our first interview and I was allow to go in with my husband but I heard things have changed.  Take all your itinerary with u and add them to ur documents also u can give him ur passport, I made a copy of my passport biography data page and send it to my husband, with my married name, I change my last name on all my document including my passport. 

I want to change my last name but didn’t want to do it during the Uscis stage. Not sure when it’s a good time to change it as i don’t want it to cause any issues along the way. Yes I will take all my travel documents as well as cards my husband sent me and phone, chats records. Whatever I can take to show we are truly happy married couple, I will take.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Sundee said:

I want to change my last name but didn’t want to do it during the Uscis stage. Not sure when it’s a good time to change it as i don’t want it to cause any issues along the way. Yes I will take all my travel documents as well as cards my husband sent me and phone, chats records. Whatever I can take to show we are truly happy married couple, I will take.. 

U can change it or u can wait , but it will not caused any issues, I filed my husband's petition before I change my last name on my document's. Also do u and ur husband had a bank account, land documents etc any documents that has both name's that will also help. Also ask family members and coworkers to write an affidavit about  what they know concerning your marriage.  If u have a retirement account with your job and your husband is the beneficial ask them for a confirmation page of your benefit. 

Timeline

On 11-29-2017 my husband went in for our long awaited reaffirmed petition interview. We arrived at about 7:45 for an 8:30 appointment. They finally allowed him entry at 8:00. He waited about two hours before submitting his documents and taking bios. 

While submitting documents the person taking the docs asked how long ee have been married, commented on a picture we submitted of us with a cheetah in South Africa on one of our vacarions. My husband said he was filling a form similar to a matrix of the documents and information. 

He then sat down and waited approximately 30 minutes before called to window 9. His officer was a white young gentleman, and my husband said he was kind, respectful and my husband felt very at ease. Here is the conversation:
The CO called him to window 9 and said Mr...your visa has been approved. 

NO QUESTIONS!!! ASK
Gave him a white slip with highlighted instructions  to register online and to pick up his visa. we notice its different from the normal blue slip guess they change that.
Mr...i will give you your passport so you may re enter the embassy at 1:00 to pick up the documents from your case , please be sure to return today at 1:00pm
We returned at 1:00pm had a bit of a delay , picked up the documents from our original interview, noir and what we brought with us. He left his passport to be given to the officer for processing.  
My husband was asked no questions at his interview. Was only given instructions to pick up docs, he is approved and instructions to pick up his visa. 
As frustrating as this process has been and the long journey , it was worth it. Now for the life journey we fought so hard for to begin. 
Peayers for those still in the process, God willing your day will be upon you to reunite with your loved ones. 

On 11-30-17, our status changed to issued.

now we would like to know what the next step will be ? will it change to ready or delivered  to dhl ?

and what is the best route to travel to the us without a transit visa .?

and whats the best Point of entry?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, RazDen124 said:

On 11-29-2017 my husband went in for our long awaited reaffirmed petition interview. We arrived at about 7:45 for an 8:30 appointment. They finally allowed him entry at 8:00. He waited about two hours before submitting his documents and taking bios. 

While submitting documents the person taking the docs asked how long ee have been married, commented on a picture we submitted of us with a cheetah in South Africa on one of our vacarions. My husband said he was filling a form similar to a matrix of the documents and information. 

He then sat down and waited approximately 30 minutes before called to window 9. His officer was a white young gentleman, and my husband said he was kind, respectful and my husband felt very at ease. Here is the conversation:

NO QUESTIONS!!! ASK
Gave him a white slip with highlighted instructions  to register online and to pick up his visa. we notice its different from the normal blue slip guess they change that.
Mr...i will give you your passport so you may re enter the embassy at 1:00 to pick up the documents from your case , please be sure to return today at 1:00pm
We returned at 1:00pm had a bit of a delay , picked up the documents from our original interview, noir and what we brought with us. He left his passport to be given to the officer for processing.  
My husband was asked no questions at his interview. Was only given instructions to pick up docs, he is approved and instructions to pick up his visa. 
As frustrating as this process has been and the long journey , it was worth it. Now for the life journey we fought so hard for to begin. 
Peayers for those still in the process, God willing your day will be upon you to reunite with your loved ones. 

now we would like to know what the next step will be ? will it change to ready or delivered  to dhl ?

WOW!!  I cannot believe u were asked no questions.  Congratulations to all.  My hubby is on his way to the states as I write this.  He will be here w me tomorrow nite. 

Our status never changed to ready for pickup but we got an emailed saying it was ready (was ready in 2 days).   As far as the best route goes, idk if there is one better over the other. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, RazDen124 said:

NO QUESTIONS!!! ASK

God bless congratulations 🎊 to both of you, my husband POE was JFK he said everything was smooth and it took him less than 30 to go through the process . May God answered everyone else in this stressful but happy ending journey.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I sit here crying, feeling very happy for you and hoping my husband gets reaffirmed soon. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since we originally applied. It's so hard but reading your story gives me hope. Thank you and congratulations!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, RazDen124 said:

NO QUESTIONS!!! ASK

Oh this is just awesome awesome awesome to hear. So happy for you. The stress of it all just melts away doesn't it. You feel it deep in your bones and its a wonderful feeling. My status never changed to ready either, so after about 4-5 days head over to the DHL, they will most likely have it for you. Also not sure where you are, but my husband took a direct flight from Accra to Washington DC on South African Airways. It was much cheaper than any other airline. So if you are close to there, that may be a great route to take. I didnt want him to have to have so many layover and flight changes especially since most of them are in foreign countries, so it worked out wonderfully and the flight was a total of 14 hours, from accra to DC 10 hours and from DC to where i am was 1.5 hours and he had a 1 hour 45 minute layover in DC. I found the flight on Priceline. South African Airways just started this direct flight to DC so it was great timing. He also noted that it was a very comfortable flight with good foods

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LadeanB said:

I sit here crying, feeling very happy for you and hoping my husband gets reaffirmed soon. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since we originally applied. It's so hard but reading your story gives me hope. Thank you and congratulations!!!

He will be with you soon, no worries. Just hang in there, stay close and all will work out well for you. Patience is hard, but when you have it, the lord blesses you. Its all in his time. Just keep your head up, stay strong! What will be shall be. May the lord bless you and your union. 

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Patience isn't my strong point LOL but God is teaching me to be more patient. My husband and I talk everyday without fail. We video chat, and talk on the phone as well as texts. This whole experience has made us closer and stronger and no amount of time with break our bond. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.