MindyB

Medical exam 21 November - interview 22 November *PASSED*

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i wanted to share my story with all people going through the process of the K1 in hopes to help and make it easier for them.

First of all i want to tell everybody that every case is different and can last different amount of time , in our case it didn't last too long (4 months) , the most important thing is to have all the documents they asked for , in my case, i lived in 4 different countries and i had to get the criminal records document from every country i lived in more than 1 year, 15 days from my interview  i was still missing 2 documents and it was so stressful only thinking about it. I contacted the embassy of the USA in Casablanca by email, to push back my interview by a 1 week or 2 while i get those 2 documents but i didn't get any answer after more than 1 week. Thankfully i received the 2 documents the week before my interview, it was a Friday but this time what i was missing was the medical exam , i didn't do it because i was hoping to have an answer from the embassy which didn't respond at all (my interview date was still 22 November) , i decided to go to Casablanca on Sunday (20 November) night and spend the night there , Monday (21 November ) at 7h of the morning i was already at the door of the doctor with all necessary documents. MEDICAL EXAM DOCUMENTS at Dr Nezha Fihri : VALID PASSPORT, MOROCCAN ID (carte national) 6 PICTURES, APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY, 2600 DH, and THE VACCINATION BOOK (its okay if you don't have it)  I explained to the women at the front desk my situation and she understood my situation and accepted to attend me that same day promising me the results the same day too , i had no chance if she says no because the other doctor ambari was in holidays. She was friendly and she said yes.

MEDICAL EXAM : 21 NOVEMBER

First the woman at the front desk gave me letter of 2 different clinics 1- blood and urine test clinic, 2- XRAY CHEST clinic , inside each of them a picture of me , first one to go is the clinic to do the blood test and urine test , i had a car but i recommend to everybody to take a taxi , i left my car and took a taxi to move in Casablanca because driving there is just crazy. i went to do the blood test and urine test at 7h45 of the morning , it took 30 minutes in there and i paid 900 DH for that test , they told me to come back at 14h00 , just right after i took another taxi and asked him to take me to the second adresse where you have to do the X-ray chest , it cost 220 DH and they normally send it the clinic of dr nezha fihri, or you come back for it in few hours , then arround 11h i had to come back and wait for physical exam by dr nezha fihri, i went there at 11h00 and they had a lot of work and we had to wait for couple of hours, after that my turn arrived , the dr was very nice and freindly too , she asked me some questions while she was filing a form then she took a look on my vaccination book and asked me if i had chicken pox or measles , (bouchwika or bouhamroun in moroccan) she gave me an ordonance and asked me to go to the pharmacy and buy some vaccines and come back, i did , then she examined me and gave me those vaccines , after that i had to wait , PS: you pay 600 DH to the clinic , and 50 DH for each vaccin injected to you , in my case there were 4, some had 3 , take more money with you to the medical exam you will need it , after another long wait they gave me a CD where is my xray results , and another sealed envelope you should not open where is your medical results , it took me almost the WHOLE DAY for the medical exam , most of it is waiting for the results , they do have lot of work to do so be patient and just make sure you have the necesary documents to do the medical exam , at that time i was ready to go for the interview the next day , the first thing i did is to inform my fiance about it , she couldn't believe i made it lol , it was hard to believe , it was long day but it was worth it.

INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY : 22 NOVEMBER

first thing recommended, make sure you have your passport and the appointment letter in hand , you present it before you get into the embassy , also make sure you don't have metal things , no backpack , no lighter , stuff like that , take only the necessary documents with you and the money you will need which was 260 Dollars (for me better to pay in dollars).

after security check in , at the first window i paid 260 dollars and gave 1 picture , then they asked me to sit in the room and wait for my name to be called, after an hour maybe i heard my name ( window 5) , i gave him the documents , the receipts that i paid 260 dollars , and the form they asked you to file online before you come there i think it was form -160 after that he checked the documents and asked me some questions (random question about my past life and the documents) it took around 10 minutes , at the end he gave me a paper and told me i can read my rights and asked me to register to aramex as soon as possible and to go sit and wait for my name again, after 2 hours almost my name is called to window 7 , its not actually a window like the other , its a small room where's the window and you do the interview, i went there and there was a young American lady , she was very nice and friendly , she asked me how we knew each other me and my fiance ? my birthday ? where she lives , if i ever visited the united states ? whats she works ? and other couple of questions about the relationship , they was easy , i made a book of my relationship with my fiance with all details , how we met , pictures , conversations of facebook and skype calls , conversations of me with my fiance's mother on facebook, pictures of us with my parents and pictures of the engagement party (PS: the engagement party pictures are very important, also the pictures of your fiance with your family) , make a detailed book about your relationship is very recommended , after that she asked me if i'm excited about hurricanes ... i was guessing that my visa was approved , i was nervous and willing to hear it , then she said , 'well ... everything looks good to me, your visa is approved , you can pick up your passport in aramex after 15 days :) ) i was really happy and rushing out to get back my phone from the security and call my family and fiance , my fiance was SO happy , her mother too , i still cannot describe that happiness when you are approved and you will join the person your love with no more distance no more flight no more texting whole day , we were so excited and happy for making that big move.

as they told me, i registered at aramex and printed a paper and waited for them to text me (PS : DON'T WAIT THEM TO TEXT YOU , BAD SERVICE , I CALLED THEM AFTER 3 DAYS AND MY PASSPORT WAS READY BUT DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY MESSAGE, it was in casablanca instead of rabat , i asked for rabat , but when i called i told them to hold it and not send to rabat i will come for it and they said OKAY WE WILL KEEP IT HERE FOR YOU TILL YOU COME, the next morning i went to casablanca and surprise , we sent your passport to rabat , its there now you can collect it) i went back to rabat and collected it and there was my visa ,after 6 hours i received a text from aramex asking me to come back to collect my passport ... i had it front of me that moment. 

8 DECEMBER 2016 i landed in miami airport and joined the love of my life , i hope all this information help the people going trough this , and hope the best for all couples . peace and love from Marwan & Mindy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your story, it truly is motivational, and congratulations :)

K-1 timeline

12/05/16 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
12/10/16 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/12/16 - USCIS case received/accepted date.
12/19/16 - NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

12/23/16 - NOA1 Hard copy received via mail.

03/13/17 - NOA2 Text, approved.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

By the way, that book or binder that you made about your relationship, did they have a look at it? Did they ask to see it or you suggested they check it out? And did they keep it? :)

~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.