AldyBella

K1 Visa interview appointment

83 posts in this topic

Lol @kwesi&efya. Make sure your fiance never mention anything about the knocking ceremony they do in Ghana. because they consider that as marriage. Also make sure your fiance gets evidence about your preparation towards the marriage such a letter from your pastor who will officiate the wedding, invoice of the ring you have bought ,  and all other invoices pertaining towards the preparation of your wedding.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Annointed one said:

What do you need to pay the money at GT bank please, do u have to present any documentation?

You don't need anything. Just pay visa fee for K1

Timeline

Guys help me clear this . OK I saw on the list to add the letter of intend to marry signed within 30days if not send with the application.  When I send the application I made copies of what we already signed is it OK to send those or we need to be up to date with that . Hope my question is clear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/27/2016 at 7:39 PM, DJTK said:

Hi

I received the same thing today too! It looks like Ghana may have changed their process which is great!

So my fiancé is now filling out the DS-160 form. Then I guess we pay then schedule online. I think this is packet 3.

I hope this is more efficient. It aligns with what other consulates do.

Hello,

the change in scheduling your own interview online- is this just for K1 or do you know if it also applies for CR1 as well?  Thank you!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/28/2016 at 8:11 PM, AldyBella said:

I started this whole process on september 16,2016. that is when i mailed in the application. Received letter from Us embassy in Ghana yesterday, december 27,2016. So it has been roughly 3 and a half months. And with an interview date of jan 31, 2017 makes the whole process 4 and a half months for me.

I received the letter here in the US.

Hello,

I can't believe how quickly your case is moving! Do K1s move more quickly than CR1s? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Akua and Papa said:

Hello,

the change in scheduling your own interview online- is this just for K1 or do you know if it also applies for CR1 as well?  Thank you!!

Im not exactly sure actually. This new self scheduling just started for K1. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We just tried to schedule an interview but there are only 3 dates available. Jan 5,23,and 24th. That isn't enough time to get all of our paperwork together. @DJTK and @AldyBella, when you scheduled your interview were there any available dates outside of January?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kay&Epi said:

We just tried to schedule an interview but there are only 3 dates available. Jan 5,23,and 24th. That isn't enough time to get all of our paperwork together. @DJTK and @AldyBella, when you scheduled your interview were there any available dates outside of January?

You can move to a different month. I saw the option of different months and could check them and see available dates. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kay&Epi said:

Hey no only January dates were available so we took the latest which was Jan 30th.

Timeline

Hey fellow members of family I was also waiting for my packet 3 and 4 for about two months now. Just got the info that we can schedule appointment on our own. We have gone to pay the visa fee at the GT Bank. My visa approval letter expires on Jan 21. Can I schedule my interview beyond this date of Jan 21 or it should be before this date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.