AldyBella

K1 Visa interview appointment

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Received letter from US embassy in Ghana just this evening. It doesn't state to bring the letter to receive packets. It just states what is needed for interview, where to PAY the visa fee. After that, I have to schedule the interview myself on ustraveldocs. The embassy doesn't make you come in for an appointment date for any Ghanaians awaiting this process. Unless they have just changed the process, can anyone shed light on the packets 3 and 4 because thats not what the instructions are in my letter.

Timeline

Hi

I received the same thing today too! It looks like Ghana may have changed their process which is great!

So my fiancé is now filling out the DS-160 form. Then I guess we pay then schedule online. I think this is packet 3.

I hope this is more efficient. It aligns with what other consulates do.

Edited by DJTK

Timeline

Yeah definitely more efficient. That up and down trip to the embassy is unnecessary. When we do things on our own terms we get it done faster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So you can schedule your own interview now for Ghana???

Is this a new thing because we've tried scheduling on the US Docs website and it said no appointments available.

Edited by Kay&Epi

Timeline

So you can schedule your own interview now for Ghana???

Is this a new thing because we've tried scheduling on the US Docs website and it said no appointments available.

Yea thats what the letter said. You'll need fee receipt before you can schedule a date. And shouldn't you have already received yours?

Timeline

Hey! Did you get yours yet?

It came to me in the mail today. IF you didn't I hope yours is coming soon!

No I haven't received anything. It's been over 2 months we've been waiting. Hopefully we hear something very soon.

Yea thats what the letter said. You'll need fee receipt before you can schedule a date. And shouldn't you have already received yours?

Do you still pay the fee at a GT bank?

Timeline

No I haven't received anything. It's been over 2 months we've been waiting. Hopefully we hear something very soon.

Do you still pay the fee at a GT bank?

YES and after payment schedule the interview. It seems you're is very delayed because the embassy received yours before mine.

Edited by AldyBella

Timeline

YES and after payment schedule the interview. It seems you're is very delayed because the embassy received yours before mine.

Ok. Well I'll have my fiancé pay the fee tomorrow and try to schedule his interview.

That's exciting but also very frustrating. I've been going back and forth with the embassy trying to get a call in letter for weeks now.

Timeline

Do you need to fill the DS 160 before scheduling also?

yeah, will need the following:

• The applicant's passport number
  • The receipt number from GT Bank receipt.
  • The ten (10) digit barcode number from the applicant's DS-160 confirmation page

Timeline

I'm also waiting for call in letter. Thanks so much for the update. For the items needed for the interview, did they request for 3 years tax returns from petitioner or they didn't emphasize?

Timeline

I'm also waiting for call in letter. Thanks so much for the update. For the items needed for the interview, did they request for 3 years tax returns from petitioner or they didn't emphasize?

The letter states, "please submit an affidavit of support(Form I-134) together with any supporting documents(generally a tax return or IRS transcript). Didnt specify number of years, but its safe to do last year and year before if you have. Its not as strict as the I864

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.