kg0103

DCF USEM Manila

119 posts in this topic

Immigrant status is significant, of course.

And the green card is very important.

The visa in your passport is said to serve as a temporary green card for one year, until the actual card arrives.

Actually, it is not always equivalent to an actual green card.

Two weeks ago we went to a major world renown US bank to open accounts.

The bank officer refused to do so, even when presented with the passport and all the other embassy/immigration documents.

He said - "The bank requires the actual green card. The visa in the passport is not enough."

We had to go to another bank, and really lobby to open the accounts, which we were able to do (possibly because the bank officer was new on the job, actually.)

My spouse works for a large international consulting firm. She was in a position where she could choose any of their 100 offices, and started working immediately. But the gaps in the immigration process, with regards to what documents you can obtain immediately leaves you lacking quite a bit.

The whole maiden name/married name problem with the visa itself, the maiden name on the social security card, how long it takes to get the social, and the unreliability of the system, how long it takes to get the green card, the name on the card determines what name you get to use in other places, like when getting your driver's license...etc. etc.

The system needs to be more intelligent, more streamlined, more effective, and more efficient.

So, the process, the struggle, does not end with getting through the interview.

The struggle continues long after you get your passport back.

Forward and upward in the struggle...smile.

Best,

Dave 

Edited by DaveSana

On 2/2/2017 at 10:11 AM, mrsrasco said:

Yes! If your interview day goes smoothly, your visa will be approved and you'll get it within 3-5 working days. :)

In my I-864 form, I just left it blank. :) Before the CO asked for the proof of domicile, we already included the letter of explanation of it on the pre-screening part just to be sure. :) Good luck on your medical and interview! Take note also, that if you go to SLEC, make sure you dont have your period otherwise they will make you come back the week after your period. :) 

I must ask, did you have original signatures on your I-864s or scanned copy?

On 2/3/2017 at 8:37 PM, DaveSana said:

Immigrant status is significant, of course.

And the green card is very important.

The visa in your passport is said to serve as a temporary green card for one year, until the actual card arrives.

Actually, it is not always equivalent to an actual green card.

Two weeks ago we went to a major world renown US bank to open accounts.

The bank officer refused to do so, even when presented with the passport and all the other embassy/immigration documents.

He said - "The bank requires the actual green card. The visa in the passport is not enough."

We had to go to another bank, and really lobby to open the accounts, which we were able to do (possibly because the bank officer was new on the job, actually.)

My spouse works for a large international consulting firm. She was in a position where she could choose any of their 100 offices, and started working immediately. But the gaps in the immigration process, with regards to what documents you can obtain immediately leaves you lacking quite a bit.

The whole maiden name/married name problem with the visa itself, the maiden name on the social security card, how long it takes to get the social, and the unreliability of the system, how long it takes to get the green card, the name on the card determines what name you get to use in other places, like when getting your driver's license...etc. etc.

The system needs to be more intelligent, more streamlined, more effective, and more efficient.

So, the process, the struggle, does not end with getting through the interview.

The struggle continues long after you get your passport back.

Forward and upward in the struggle...smile.

Best,

Dave 

Oh.. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you so much for the tip! 

My husband and I are planning to leave this May and we just bought plane tickets. If we pay for the green card fee now, it might arrive earlier than us. :D haha. do you think there would be no problem if that happens? 

On 2/5/2017 at 5:38 PM, mrsrasco said:

Original :)

Hi again, do we have to submit new sets of US visa photos during interview? If yes, how many pieces? The reason I asked is that I lost all my spare photos at SLEC yesterday and I could never figure out how it happened. Also i received this email from the IV Process Manila yesterday and was wondering why did it say that I submitted an incomplete I-864 when I did not. Maybe it's normal? Did you get something like that too? Thanks

edited_Screenshot_2017-02-06-19-25-50.jpg

On 2/7/2017 at 7:40 AM, myrrh130 said:

Hi again, do we have to submit new sets of US visa photos during interview? If yes, how many pieces? The reason I asked is that I lost all my spare photos at SLEC yesterday and I could never figure out how it happened. Also i received this email from the IV Process Manila yesterday and was wondering why did it say that I submitted an incomplete I-864 when I did not. Maybe it's normal? Did you get something like that too? Thanks

edited_Screenshot_2017-02-06-19-25-50.jpg

I didn't submit another 2x2 photos when I had my interview, because when I submitted it to SLEC, the nurse on the releasing said that 1 picture is for the medical report while the other 3 are for US Embassy copies (visa). 

I didn't receive an email like that. Did you do DCF? You submit the documents, including form I-864/I-864A, w2s, 1040s, etc., in person to your interview day.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:24 PM, mrsrasco said:

I would like to share my interview exp:

Arrived at 6am with my husband for my 6:40am interview sched. Then I prepared my DS-260, appointment letter and passport. then they put my passport in a ziplock. :)

1st step: Data entry

The lady just asked my name, who is my petitioner and where I'm going to live in the US.

2nd step: Pre-screening

The lady that was assigned to us was very nice! :) She asked few questions about my husband, my sponsor and personal questions. And she's very friendly!! :)

I passed my NSO birth cert, marriage cert, NBI clearance, medical results, passport, my I864 (with w2, 1040, recent pay stubs and bank statements), I864A (from my mother-in-law), DS 260 confirmation page, appointment letter and then we paid the $325 IV fee.

3rd: Fingerscanning

He didn't ask anything.

4th: Interview

We were interviewed at window 63. The CO just asked about how we met, when did our relationship start, and he asked more questions to my husband (lol) and even made jokes. He told us to go to the releasing because he asked us for a requirement but I thank God because I brought it. :P

First 4 hours, we were on AP but after a few hours the visa status changed to issued :D

Hi it's me again. What time did you finish or get out of the embassy grounds with a 6:40am interview schedule? I ask because I'm having the same time schedule on Monday. Thanks 

On 2/10/2017 at 5:38 PM, myrrh130 said:

Hi it's me again. What time did you finish or get out of the embassy grounds with a 6:40am interview schedule? I ask because I'm having the same time schedule on Monday. Thanks 

We're done around 9am. It was supposed to be around 8am but we were told to go to the releasing section since the CO asked for an additional I-864a from my step dad, which we submitted immediately.

19 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

We're done around 9am. It was supposed to be around 8am but we were told to go to the releasing section since the CO asked for an additional I-864a from my step dad, which we submitted immediately.

Do I still have to take the chest X-Ray CD on my interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Do I still have to take the chest X-Ray CD on my interview?

You won't ever need that CD. They have the result they need written down on a piece of paper. Even if they can find a program that will actually read the CD they don't know what's what on an X-ray. 

11 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. How was your interview?

Hi mrsrasco! I did send a quote here about my interview. I didn't know that it didn't go through afterall. I was specifically addressing you my question, so after my interview the consular officer wanted me to provide a joint sponsor. Just for a verification, I believe that my joint sponsor will be filling out I-864 and not I-864a. He will be using his sole income so his wife doesn't have to fill out I-864a although he claims her on his tax returns. They're not filling joint income tax returns. Please advise. I do appreciate your effort of answering me all the time. 

13 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Hi mrsrasco! I did send a quote here about my interview. I didn't know that it didn't go through afterall. I was specifically addressing you my question, so after my interview the consular officer wanted me to provide a joint sponsor. Just for a verification, I believe that my joint sponsor will be filling out I-864 and not I-864a. He will be using his sole income so his wife doesn't have to fill out I-864a although he claims her on his tax returns. They're not filling joint income tax returns. Please advise. I do appreciate your effort of answering me all the time. 

Sorry I cant answer your question about that because based on my experience, my petitioner filled out an i-864 while my  in laws, who is our joint sponsors and also his household members, filled out an I-864A each. Although we used the income of my mother-in-law on my husband's I-864, my step dad-in-law needs to fill out another I-864A because they file joint ITR, have joint bank accounts, etc. The latter is the requirement that the CO asked during my interview.

Just to be sure, I prepared both I-864 and I-864A of my mother-in-law (joint sponsor/household member) and my step dad-in-law. Especially the printed page of the signature part. They had to mail it twice here via FedEx. That's what we did to avoid getting 221g.

Edited by mrsrasco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.