Duc_Uyen

Income Issue

6 posts in this topic

I was talking with an immigration attorney recently and he stated that the HCM Consulate was returning joint-sponsor paperwork to his clients who had K-1 applications pending. It seemed to be an across-the-board application of this new policy. In other words, all cases reviewed after the first of the year dissallowed any joint-sponsor whether they had been received before the first of the year or after.

It seems the HCM Consulate or the State Dept. did not bother to notify the public and I have yet to see this policy posted on their website. Does anyone know the basis-in-law for applying such a policy?

I have heard of this same policy being implemented at the Phillipine Consulate. I imagine this is done to stem the tide of fiancee visa applications, and exclude certian nationalities and races that the State Dept. does not want to let in the US.

Filed: Timeline

What? So I will automatically be denied? ####### is going on here?! I have to have a co-sponsor. It is a must. My writing provides pay at different periods, may times months apart. Great, so I am doing all of this for nothing?!!!!

THIS MAKES NO SENSE! The rules very clearly state that we can have a co-sponsor. It's in black and white, so how can this ONE single consulate say F YOU?

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
To whom ever has someone to co-sponsor their case, I don't no why the officer denied my case twice. It all about income problem.

Do you receive a request for additional evidence? Did your co-sponsor have enough income? You need to provide more information on your denial.

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
What? So I will automatically be denied? ####### is going on here?! I have to have a co-sponsor. It is a must. My writing provides pay at different periods, may times months apart. Great, so I am doing all of this for nothing?!!!!

THIS MAKES NO SENSE! The rules very clearly state that we can have a co-sponsor. It's in black and white, so how can this ONE single consulate say F YOU?

Hi Matt, Dont get too discoraged yet. I have been searching hi and low for any information regarding co sponsers denials in HCMC. So far I found nothing. I am not in need of a co sponser, but I have had some free time looking into this. There is one thing you can try though, you can email the Info Unit Staff, Consular section. Ask them about having a co sponser, and see what they say. But to get a response from them you will need to have all your ducks in a row. When I had an issue this is how i did it. Send your email to the Info Staff Unit , consular section. Keep it short and to the point, just ask them about having a co sponser and if the rules have changed. Then most important is to put all the relevent information regarding your case, see below. I think by doing this, you will get a straight answer. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Info Unit Staff

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

Applicants name:

Date of birth:

Address:

Phone:

Petitioners name:

Case number:

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.