mcassteach

How to pay the fee if living abroad

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I am in the process of applying for a Relative Visa....filling out form I-130. The fee has now increased to 535. They accept a check or certified check or money order from a US bank in US dollars. I have a European bank account in euros. How do I pay the fee. No embassy or consulate offices would help me find the answer. Any suggestions?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can try a pkg delivery service where you are. They may allow you to purchase MO in whichever currency you need.

Edited by Chardon Ne'

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

1. You send the I-130 to a friend in the US who can write a US check and send in the I-130 for you.

2. A US friend sends you a check and you send in the I-130.

3. Find an international bank in Spain that can provide you with a check in US dollars.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

We asked my MIL to send us a check from my wife's US bank.I don't think an European check in euros works

What about my sister sending us a check or a money order. The check would have her name on it. Do you think that would be a problem? Or what about sending me a money order already made out to Homeland Securities. Would that work? I just cant speak to a human being. I get automated messages and they keep telling me to check the website but this information is not on the website

1. You send the I-130 to a friend in the US who can write a US check and send in the I-130 for you.

2. A US friend sends you a check and you send in the I-130.

3. Find an international bank in Spain that can provide you with a check in US dollars.

My sister could send me a check. But it would have her name on it. Do you think that would matter? Or a friend or family member could send me a Money order...what do you think?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You need to get used to not getting information from the US embassies and consulates. Their jobs is to process the paperwork, not to give out advice on how to get a check to pay a fee. For the little things, you hire a lawyer or come on a DIY website like VJ to find the information.

Best of luck.

It doesn't matter who writes the check as long as it's good.

You are overthinking this.

You can get a check or money order from anybody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.