Aurorabborealis

Financial Question

7 posts in this topic

I am a recent graduate as of April 2016. I made roughly 18,000 in 2015. I don't know how much my income is in 2016, due to starting my career job and graduating. My job that I have currently pays 38500. Will there be a denial based on my low income for 2015 and 2016? I also own a house if that matters.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What country is the beneficiary from?

In general, being a recent grad, a lot of embassies understand that you have the potential to earn more. As long as you can supply adequate financial information(pay stubs, letter from employer) that should suffice; but if the embassy of the beneficiary accepts co-sponors for K-1s, then it might be a good idea to have one lined up just to help.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

What country is the beneficiary from?

In general, being a recent grad, a lot of embassies understand that you have the potential to earn more. As long as you can supply adequate financial information(pay stubs, letter from employer) that should suffice; but if the embassy of the beneficiary accepts co-sponors for K-1s, then it might be a good idea to have one lined up just to help.

He is german.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah, Germany is not so bad in sense of embassies.

I might want to talk to some of the other Germany members on here to see if anyone has also same situation as yourself.

I would again just say have a co-sponsor lined up just because of lack of tax returns and being a relatively recent grad.

Nothing bad about having a co-sponsor it just shows the embassy your fiance won't become a public charge in the US.

And last thing you'd want is to run into an issue like financials when it came to the interview and caused a delay.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Ah, Germany is not so bad in sense of embassies.

I might want to talk to some of the other Germany members on here to see if anyone has also same situation as yourself.

I would again just say have a co-sponsor lined up just because of lack of tax returns and being a relatively recent grad.

Nothing bad about having a co-sponsor it just shows the embassy your fiance won't become a public charge in the US.

And last thing you'd want is to run into an issue like financials when it came to the interview and caused a delay.

Thank you for your input.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since you are so close, I would File in January 2017 and your 2016 income will be relevant instead. I have seen members get RFIE for joint sponsor even though their current income is sufficient, based on their prior years income as that was the relevant tax period. You are not required to submit the prior years taxes especially since it was below the income level. So if you file for them in 2017, 2015 taxes are not relevant.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My Fiance (USC) was a student and didn't earn anywhere near enough on the 3 previous years taxes. Some under $11000 even.

She is now well above the 125% and she gave me her most recent tax return that was too low, bank statements sowing deposits, Letter from employer confirming start date, position held, hourly wage and hours. She also gave me 6 pay stubs which were weekly and not monthly. This was accepted with no problems. Mine was London Embassy which is probably different in certain ways however it is the same situation with the money and tax return issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.