teddy k

CFO AT CLARK

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, maxim84 said:

I am having lots of impending delay, this friday is philippines' another holiday. 

My situation right now is that our flight is this coming Saturday. With a delay like this will cause lots of financial burdens for me and my fiance. Instead of going to Manila for cfo requirement, we are considering our luck and we might get a chance for walk in process at Clark CFO Branch. 

Good luck neighbor!  I hope all goes well.  I live in Elmhurst and work in Downers Grove.  Maybe we can meet for dinner or drinks sometime when the culture changes start stressing them out!  It might be nice for them to talk about home a little.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, under 20 has to go to peer counseling, not the GCP.  PDOS She can't go to peer counseling until after the visa is in her passport.  I have two going through that.  One is 14 and the other is 17.  My fiancee has already booked her class in Manila.  The GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) for adults (20 to 60)  K-1 & IR/CR-1 visa only - does not require the visa attached.  Rose will attend on September 14.  I will update here what her experience was.

PDOS is for ages 20-59.  Peer counseling is for 13-19 years of age.    And it is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS.

GCP is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

PDOS is for ages 20-59.  Peer counseling is for 13-19 years of age.    And it is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS.

GCP is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

Thanks again!  I am getting closer to understanding this.  All I know is that she is scheduled for the Sept 14 class and I am very happy that I can get anything out of the way before it impacts the schedule later!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Thanks again!  I am getting closer to understanding this.  All I know is that she is scheduled for the Sept 14 class and I am very happy that I can get anything out of the way before it impacts the schedule later!

Should try and get it correct, bad advice can send someone in a wrong direction ;) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Should try and get it correct, bad advice can send someone in a wrong direction ;) 

Amen.  I am not here trying to hurt anyone.  I just understand there are a lot of questions!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

just for clarification, K1  can attend the CFO w/o their visa? Im not good with the acronyms either PDOS, GCP?

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

2 minutes ago, j N j said:

just for clarification, K1  can attend the CFO w/o their visa? Im not good with the acronyms either PDOS, GCP?

LOL... Yes, the K-1 beneficiary can attend the GCP at CFO without their visa.  I booked my fiancees for her and she is taking the seminar on September 14, a good month before we anticipate a possible NOA2.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

LOL... Yes, the K-1 beneficiary can attend the GCP at CFO without their visa.  I booked my fiancees for her and she is taking the seminar on September 14, a good month before we anticipate a possible NOA2.

much appreciated! My fiance is still working in Hong Kong, and will return home once we get the NOA2 notice. At least she can get some of the process done ahead of time, w/o having to go into Manila.

Just now, j N j said:

much appreciated! My fiance is still working in Hong Kong, and will return home once we get the NOA2 notice. At least she can get some of the process done ahead of time, w/o having to go into Manila.

That is what we are trying to do.  Get as much done as soon as possible.  Police certs and GCP may be about all that can happen before the NOA2.  Make sure she get's her police certs while she is in Hong Kong.  That will save time later too.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is what we are trying to do.  Get as much done as soon as possible.  Police certs and GCP may be about all that can happen before the NOA2.  Make sure she get's her police certs while she is in Hong Kong.  That will save time later too.

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, when we visited each other in April/May we went to Manila to work on getting the Lebanon Police certs. I understand, that those are hit or miss.. Im sure once she puts in her 1 month notice there, she will work on the HK certs.

Timeline
7 hours ago, j N j said:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, j N j said:

Have your fiancee get her police certificate from Hong Kong before she leaves... needed for the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On August 30, 2017 at 6:56 PM, maxim84 said:

I am having lots of impending delay, this friday is philippines' another holiday. 

My situation right now is that our flight is this coming Saturday. With a delay like this will cause lots of financial burdens for me and my fiance. Instead of going to Manila for cfo requirement, we are considering our luck and we might get a chance for walk in process at Clark CFO Branch. 

Clark CFO is closed Friday but Manila & Cebu locations are open: 

http://www.cfo.gov.ph

I hope you were able to compete the CFO.

Edited by Palawan1
Added words

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Have your fiancee get her police certificate from Hong Kong before she leaves... needed for the interview.

Salamat! I just talked with her last night, and thats the gameplan.:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.