Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Citizenship application...daughter living overseas

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife is starting the citizenship application process. She has 3 kids.... 2 are living with her here in the U.S., while the other one

is living outside the U.S. Does that mean we need to provide 2 color photographs of her daughter living overseas? Document Checklist M-477 #3 states.....

If you reside outside the United States submit 2 color photographs. A little clarification please. Any inputs is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wife does not need to provide photographs for any of her children. The N-400 checklist applies only to your wife. The children are not a part of the N-400.

AFTER YOUR WIFE BECOMES A US CITIZEN, her two kids living with her would automatically become US citizens if they meet all 4 requirements of the Child Citizenship Act. If they don't meet the requirements, they stay green card holders.

The child living abroad will not qualify for US citizenship.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.