exodus

NVC requesting financial evidence from the beneficiary?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NVC is requesting the following information from my wife (beneficiary) but I'm not sure what they are referring to.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
The sponsor did not submit the correct version of the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, for his or her
situation.
Please read the Affidavit of Support instructions posted on our website: nvc.state.gov/aos. From there
you should select the correct form to complete and send to the NVC.
If the sponsor has already submitted any of the following documents, he or she must resubmit them with
the new Affidavit of Support form:
* Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
* Federal Income Tax Return or

The situation is I'm living with my wife in Ukraine as we wait out this immigration process. I do not qualify as as sponsor so my father is our joint sponsor. I understand that even if I don't earn the minimum income to sponsor my wife I still need to fill out and send in the Form I-864 and supporting tax, w-2 documents. I have done this and they have all my fathers I-864 and supporting documents as well. They also requested that my father and I both sign Form i-864A since my wife and I will be living with my father for awhile until we can establish our own domicile. What financial evidence do they want from my wife? She is a retired homemaker and doesn't have an income. She does have a document that shows part ownership of an apartment if that might help. Any advice?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

So, did both you and your father submit the I864 or no (you say you also submitted the I864A)? Did you use the most current version from the USCIS website?

The way I read the wording, nothing is requested form the beneficiary, but from the sponsors.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

So, did both you and your father submit the I864 or no (you say you also submitted the I864A)? Did you use the most current version from the USCIS website?

The way I read the wording, nothing is requested form the beneficiary, but from the sponsors.

Yes, we both submitted the I-864 forms. They then sent me a request for Form I-864A and stated it must correspond to the household size. Perhaps they wanted my father and wife(beneficiary) to sign the I-864A form?

Did he/you make a mistake in giving household size? For you, I assume it'd be you and your wife, so 2 (+ dependent kids if you have them). Your father's needs to include you, your wife, your father so 3, plus wife if his wife is alive, plus dependent kids...

Timeline

Did he/you make a mistake in giving household size? For you, I assume it'd be you and your wife, so 2 (+ dependent kids if you have them). Your father's needs to include you, your wife, your father so 3, plus wife if his wife is alive, plus dependent kids...

Yes, he made a mistake on household size. So we sent corrected I-864 form and the requested I-864A form. I think these forms are ok because the new checklist didn't ask for these. Here is what they asked for last week.

[x] Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

[x] Your Form I-864A Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member is missing. Please complete and submit

Form I-864A.

When we sent the corrected/requested forms he did not include any financial documents since NVC already has them. Could this be the problem? We are doing email processing so they should already have all our pdf documents.

Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC. Apparantly they wanted the I-864 form from me corrected (petitioner). They told me that my father can't be a joint sponsor and household member at the same time so they only need the form I-864A from him where he is considered the household member. I think I understand now.

Edited by exodus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.