EsperanzaYTomas

We have recieved Approval notice for I-485, what happens now?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All, we received the Green Card on Thursday December 8th. Wow, what a ride it has been. This forum has been very important in my data gathering and guidance.

Also, finding the forum I felt less alone in our process, not knowing anyone else that was in our similar situation, it has been comforting to find this community.

PROOF OF MARRIAGE- was submitted when we had the initial interview for K1 in Havana- See below cover letter information which has all the items we submitted for the different steps.

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa for Fiance, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $ 340.00 personal check.

- I-129F

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner- name)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary-name)

- Certificate of Naturalization & US Passport (Petitioner- name)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner- name and Beneficiary-name)

- Photo Collages of having met in person in the past two years.(fully detailed with Dates of pictures)

- Emails and phone records of ongoing relationship.

For the AOS we submitted the following:

Nature of the submission: Immediate Spouse Family Based Adjustment of Status

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my form I-485 and supporting documents.

Contents include:

I-485 application payment in the amount of $ 1,070

1) I-485 and evidence:

Copy of Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).

Copy of Visa from Passport

Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F (form I-797 Notice of Action)

Electronic I-94 Copy

A copy of birth certificate along with English translation.

A copy of certified Marriage Certificate

G-325A Biographic Information

Two passport-type photos of Fiance Name

2) I-864-Affidavid of Support

3) I-765 Payment in the amount of $380

4) G-1145 Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

Request for Initial Evidence (I missed sending the evidence of financial evidence with the original documentation which delayed the process by about a month)

RE: Request For Initial Evidence (response)

Case # MSCxxx

A# Axxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find response for RFIE supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Complete Federal Income Tax return submitted to IRS in 2015

- Proof of Sufficient current Income:

6 months of Employment payroll Pay stubs

Current 401K and Pension Plan information page

Letter of Employment from Human Resources Vice President, that includes my current salary, nature of my job, my yearly earned salary, number of hours per week I work and good standing with the company.

- Supporting Tax documentation of W2 and 1099-INT for 2015

- Bank Statements from July 2015 until August 2016

Now we can breath for the next year and a half while we apply for the "permanent-permanent" residency card. The Green Card we received expires in 2 years.

We are following the path to citizenship but that is at least 4 years away for now.

Blessing to all!!

Congratulations on getting your GC-what a nice present for the holidays!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.