Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, Chingay said:

not me. i had my N400 interview today, passed my test but then they requested for additional documentations.

Hi Chinngay, Congratulations for passing the N400 interview yesterday. I’m just curious why they were still asking additional documentations eventhough you already passed the interview?? Plus, Do you still married with your petitioner or you did i751 waiver? I do have a lot of question, I’m sorry! 

My papers were submitted May 2018 and it took awhile before they gave me my green card. Then my N400 interview was last week and the officer said that they need updated documents which i was not prepared.  have you heard of anyone who had the same issue as me? 

18 hours ago, Chingay said:

My papers were submitted May 2018 and it took awhile before they gave me my green card. Then my N400 interview was last week and the officer said that they need updated documents which i was not prepared.  have you heard of anyone who had the same issue as me? 

Are you still living with your spouse who petitioned you? What specific document he was asking for? 

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum since I filed my papers. I’m a December 2016 CSC filer.I filed joint I-751 with my ex spouse,in March 2018 we decided to get divorced due to some problems and some cultural differences  but we did not divorce in a bad condition, and our divorce was finalized in May 2018,I received RFE at the end of June 2018.But the RFE freaked me out;

.I attached it so you guys can see it below.They were also asking about the money transfer my family sent me in order a buy a car for myself,I added response to that question in rfe in details,

I sent them a huge package again with new affidavits(even my ex spouse and her sister wrote affidavits for me),16-17tax returns,updated car and health insurances,family pics,new leases, me and my ex spouses drivers licenses at the same address but unfortunately we never had a joint bank account,cause we never needed it,my family was supporting me I was taking care of our bills etc,and also she was working too.Long story shor;they received my RFE response in September 2018,and after that they transferred my papers to NBC and Miami Field Office right away.I got an info pass appointments back in December 2018 and March 2019 they told me that my case is at the Miami Field Office,I should receive the interview date soon,but nothing since then...I'm working with a lawyer who has lot of experiences,He just tells me to not worry and wait for the interview,but I cannot wait any longer It's been 31 months already since I first applied,I don't even know if they are going to approve my case any time soon and unfortunately there are no info pass appoinments anymore...It was good faith marriage  and we were married with my ex spouse for more than 5 years.One of my friends who filed a divorce waiver with much less documents got approved couple of days ago, also he applied 16 months after me.

At this point,I just need some advises from people who has  experiences in this forum.Any kind of advice will be appreciated!!!

Sorry about my English,It's not perfect.

IMG_6977.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.