Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Davejj said:

I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer and he told me that my case was touched last week and its presently on administrative hold. He further said that uscis needed something from me which I didn't respond to. I never received nothing in the mail. I check my mail twice a day and nothing came. I'm so confused and so freaking out. Does anyone know what this could be. The tier 2 officer adviced that I make an appointment and go into my local office. Stressing.

Jesus, very sorry to hear, cant imagine after all this wait. But there is movement, hold on to that and go find out what they need. You’re almost done. 

5 minutes ago, Davejj said:

I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer and he told me that my case was touched last week and its presently on administrative hold. He further said that uscis needed something from me which I didn't respond to. I never received nothing in the mail. I check my mail twice a day and nothing came. I'm so confused and so freaking out. Does anyone know what this could be. The tier 2 officer adviced that I make an appointment and go into my local office. Stressing.

terrible! ouch sorry to hear that...now I am calling tomorrow to know about mine

13 minutes ago, FEODORA said:

by the way : no one of you decided to go up and down in the numbers near yours to see what it said on the USCIS page?:wub:

I do all the time. Im an NBC transfer and the two cases around me are stuck on march 5th glitch. 

While there are some approvals, not a lot approvals on my NOA day, not a lot NBC transfers as well. Mainly late feb early march glitch. 

Whats interesting is my NOA “working day” only goes up to 499 cases. Does that mean there was only 499 application on that day? 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

4 hours ago, FEODORA said:

by the way nothing is move in mine more than on 5 of  March case was received at the local office. urggghhhh!

and the other number say on december 5 waived fees..bla bla bla...I have everything ready for the N400 at the minute I have the green card on hand...I am planning vacations for june but nervous to book just in case they decide do a interview (I dubt it because the tons of evidence) but its random right?

I think interview is a small percentage for ROC, for us who filed for N 400 we are most likely to have interviews as a combo. I cannot plan any vacation before this crazy process is done.

4 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

I do all the time. Im an NBC transfer and the two cases around me are stuck on march 5th glitch. 

While there are some approvals, not a lot approvals on my NOA day, not a lot NBC transfers as well. Mainly late feb early march glitch. 

Whats interesting is my NOA “working day” only goes up to 499 cases. Does that mean there was only 499 application on that day? 

What is your NOA?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, ApplyingforN400 said:

In my belief and this is my belief only that a supportive ex after a recent divorce seems fishy. Sure people do split on good terms all the time. But in immigration cases that can easily be seen as a friendship marriage for immigration purposes where the USC can longer keep it due to changes in their life. 

The majority of divorces have atleast a no contact peroid to mourn the loss of a loved one and people usually want to move on and forget especially where no children were born. 

My advice to people is once there is a divorce decree, remove the ex from the process completely, no affidavits from them and no showing up as “support”.   

So I went to my interview this morning and was approved on the spot. The officer was very nice and the interview lasted aprox 10/15 min only!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Yes I read your posts, I still feel yours is different because you had an interview. 

Interviews especially with a spouse hold a huge weight for quick approval. 

I have this feeling that USCIS is having a hard time approving cases after they sat for so long and not knowing if there were any changes in the relationship or background etc, thats why they seem to be sending so many RFE than usual. 

In this type of work environment, backlogs can be considered a national security threat and they cant just get down to business approving all the apps that sat around. There are measures they need to take now that the apps sat for so long, I wont be suprised if they are rerunning background checks after 12 month wait, and an interview is the fastest way to smooth ride, even though its considered the hardest option. 

Maybe, maybe not, I really don't have any idea.  I did know that the I751 was going to be combined with the N400 when Katya filed it in January.  The N400 interview did come up a lot faster than we anticipated, but maybe the N400 fell on the right person's desk.  As to the I751 interview, to me that felt more impromptu, however I did think there was a good chance that it would happen at the N400 interview, but we never received any notice that we were going to have an I751 interview.  Then we received the NBC transfer notice.  Of course I am a little familiar with NBC, but I didn't think they processed I751s, so I was somewhat confused.  Searching online regarding the WAC numbers was pointless (in my opinion), so we waited with a pending oath to be scheduled status on the N400 and who knows regarding the I751.  Katya and I talked, and we had decided to give it five weeks and then contact our senator, so when we received the I751 approval at four weeks we were much relieved.  I just wish the IO at the time of the interview had explained the I751 process with a little more detail, or maybe I should have asked more questions at that point.  If it is normal for it to be sent to NBC for final processing (as some in other threads opine), then fine, tell us that, so it was a bit frustrating.

As to having an interview or not makes it faster, I would be all for having an interview.  Back when Katya was in the AOS phase, the majority of folks were getting waivers and many of them faced up to a year or more before getting a 2 year GC.  We had an interview (luck of the draw, who knows), and she got her GC in a little over 5 months.

Hopefully those still waiting from December 2016 in the CSC quagmire will start seeing something soon.  I still don't understand why someone that plans to file the N400 would rather wait to start that clock after the I751 approval, but I guess that is their decision.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just a very quick update in case this happens to anyone else! 

I got my initial WAC receipt# on December 7th 2016, Biometrics were in Jan 2017, silence since til the Feb glitch saying the case had gone to my local office. 

THEN this morning early I got an email that my case had been updated. Woke up and thought AT LAST! SOMETHING!

Logged in (and it's showing on both sites), to find that the update is another message dated yesterday saying that my case has been transferred to my local office! Identical to the Feb one. 

(Note that like Bill and Katya I decided to apply for N-400 while waiting for the I-751, did that a couple of weeks ago, Biometrics coming up). 

Honestly, at this point I am pretty relaxed about the whole thing, even thought it's frustrating. It's going to happen at some point, I am here, with a genuine marriage, legally, living with my awesome American spouse with a stamp in my passport to demonstrate I am in status. 

Basically, I just wanted everyone to know in case anyone else got this message-it's not just you!

Congrats to all those getting approved!

Adjustment of status

10/03/14- Package (!-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 concurrent filing sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day 00)

10/06/14-Package delivered and signed for (Day 3)

10/13/14-Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails received (Day 10)

10/18/14-Paper notifications received in the mail (Day 15)

10/24/14-Biometrics appt letter received- 5th Nov (Day 21)

6 hours ago, scclaire said:

Just a very quick update in case this happens to anyone else! 

I got my initial WAC receipt# on December 7th 2016, Biometrics were in Jan 2017, silence since til the Feb glitch saying the case had gone to my local office. 

THEN this morning early I got an email that my case had been updated. Woke up and thought AT LAST! SOMETHING!

Logged in (and it's showing on both sites), to find that the update is another message dated yesterday saying that my case has been transferred to my local office! Identical to the Feb one. 

(Note that like Bill and Katya I decided to apply for N-400 while waiting for the I-751, did that a couple of weeks ago, Biometrics coming up). 

Honestly, at this point I am pretty relaxed about the whole thing, even thought it's frustrating. It's going to happen at some point, I am here, with a genuine marriage, legally, living with my awesome American spouse with a stamp in my passport to demonstrate I am in status. 

Basically, I just wanted everyone to know in case anyone else got this message-it's not just you!

Congrats to all those getting approved!

Hi,

Thank you for the sharing, so was your case transferred to NBC before this notification?

On 5/23/2018 at 2:24 PM, Davejj said:

Maybe the person who is working on your case currently on vacation or something.

Hey guys just a quick myself and my wife we are trying to contact our congressman to help intervene in our case. But the form they gave us to fill requires te petioner and beneficiary. Can anyone help who is beneficary and who is the petitioner? And as a permanent resident will the senator attend to my request?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.