cookiemonsta

RFE - I-864 - rather confusing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We submitted AOS forms on Nov 4th and received a Request for initial evidence today in the mail ( less than 4 week) regarding the I-684 Form.

It says we missed page 3, part 4 as blank, not sure how that was possible but we have corrected that.

It also said that the ''form was submitted from a joint sponser, however, the the names listed on page 1 and page 3 are not the same.''

Im not sure how its possible as we only submitted as sole sponser since salary etc is enough. would this simply be because Page 3 part 4 was left blank and therefore it automatically thinks its a joint sponser?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Perhaps you didn't match the name in Part 4 and Part 1 exactly? They tend to be picky, so just make sure that the very first box is the exact same name (First Middle Last) of the USC sponsor (and not the immigrant beneficiary married to the USC) as in the rest of the documentation and Part 4.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello! I got exactly the same RFE on October 31. I figured what was wrong in my case. For some reasons, when you delete the sponsor's name from page 12, part 11 - Additional information (I didn't need any), the form delete also the sponsor's name on page 3, part 4. I haven't noticed it after I printed it out so I sent it like this. Sadly, this part is necessary so I got an RFE. I hope it helps. If you still have your form on your computer, you should check if part 4 is filled out at all.

• 11 months later...

hello! I just found this forum, and it matches our RFE.

The requests:

1. The petitioner submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank (we left it blank)...after that, they requested  to send the form again with all the supporting documents.

We know how to fix it, we made a very stupid mistake, so is very simple.

Our mistake was that we didn’t add my husbands information in Page 3-Part 4; Items 1.a - 1,c

The questions:

My husband was promoted a few days after we sent my AOS Application, is obvious that we should send everything updated, but should we send a short explanation about the changes?

Also, with the Form I-864 we sent just the necessary requests (Tax, w2, employee letters, pay stubs). Should we send this time our additional assets (investments, stocks, savings etc)? In the form it says is optional, so we though we didn't need them, because the annual income is more than the poverty lines.

(It was a fast response and a few big changes since we submitted the documents, we dont want it to look suspicious or anything, any recommendation?)

2. The joint sponsor submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank. Submit a completed and signed for I-864, from the joint sponsor, provide copies of joint sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax etc... For this one, we have no idea what happened, im guessing they assumed we have a joint sponsor because we didn't add my husbands name in page 3? but we have no joint sponsors. 

so, Should we attach a letter saying that we don’t have joint sponsors? Or should we just ignore that and send the request in point 1 with the correct form? 

Any advice will be highly appreciated, and also wondering if you happen to have a Sample cover letter for this case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 09/11/2017 at 11:49 AM, Darren.Juliana said:

hello! I just found this forum, and it matches our RFE.

The requests:

1. The petitioner submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank (we left it blank)...after that, they requested  to send the form again with all the supporting documents.

We know how to fix it, we made a very stupid mistake, so is very simple.

Our mistake was that we didn’t add my husbands information in Page 3-Part 4; Items 1.a - 1,c

The questions:

My husband was promoted a few days after we sent my AOS Application, is obvious that we should send everything updated, but should we send a short explanation about the changes?

Also, with the Form I-864 we sent just the necessary requests (Tax, w2, employee letters, pay stubs). Should we send this time our additional assets (investments, stocks, savings etc)? In the form it says is optional, so we though we didn't need them, because the annual income is more than the poverty lines.

(It was a fast response and a few big changes since we submitted the documents, we dont want it to look suspicious or anything, any recommendation?)

2. The joint sponsor submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of support; however, the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same or Page 1 and/or 3 is blank. Submit a completed and signed for I-864, from the joint sponsor, provide copies of joint sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax etc... For this one, we have no idea what happened, im guessing they assumed we have a joint sponsor because we didn't add my husbands name in page 3? but we have no joint sponsors. 

so, Should we attach a letter saying that we don’t have joint sponsors? Or should we just ignore that and send the request in point 1 with the correct form? 

Any advice will be highly appreciated, and also wondering if you happen to have a Sample cover letter for this case?

For mine, i simply re-submitted the form making sure page 3 part 4 was filled, and then left page 11 autofilled.

As to the promotion question, I believe that honesty is the best policy...

Hope it works out for you.

4 minutes ago, cookiemonsta said:

For mine, i simply re-submitted the form making sure page 3 part 4 was filled, and then left page 11 autofilled.

As to the promotion question, I believe that honesty is the best policy...

Hope it works out for you.

THanks!! We submitted our documents today, and with the cover letter we explained the error and also the update in my husbands job 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.