Laleh

"Send AOS package," "send IV package"

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Tajikistan
Timeline

I'm a bit confused here. I went to edit my timeline, and here are some steps listed:

Date Package Received By NVC : (yyyy-mm-dd) Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Pay AOS Bill : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Send AOS Package : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Submit DS-261 : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Receive IV Bill : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Pay IV Bill : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Send IV Package : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : (yyyy-mm-dd) -- Case Completed at NVC : (yyyy-mm-dd) Date Package Left From NVC :

We've paid both fees on the website (AOS - affidavit of support - and IV), but don't the documents go in one package together after the fees, and after filling in the online form? Why are they listed separately and why is the first packet listed before the second bill?

And what is DS-261? Right now we're in the process of submitting DS-260 online (stuck while the grumpy hubs tries to remember his past addresses).

Is DS-261 choosing an agent? If so, no problem, we did that over the phone when we called to get our case number.

Sorry if these are stupid questions. It just seems like every website has the steps in a different order, or uses different terminology, and then I get confused.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DS-261 is for choice of agent, yes. And as far as I know, you're correct that there's really just one package. I just sent in one package for our visa process, and then completed the DS-260.

I don't know why they are separate on our tracking system. I'm guessing that maybe they used to be separate, but they aren't anymore.

You aren't the only one who was confused! :)

(L) Married: April 23, 2016 (L)

CR-1 Timeline

Spoiler

USCIS Timeline
2016-04-30     Filed I-130
2016-05-02     Received NOA1
2016-08-31     Received NOA2
2016-09-27     Case sent to the NVC (151 days at USCIS)

NVC Timeline
2016-10-03     NVC Received Case
2016-10-14     Received Welcome Letter and Case Number via Email
2016-10-14     AOS Fee Invoiced, Paid AOS Fee
2016-10-14     Submitted Choice of Agent (DS-261)
2016-10-22     IV Fee Invoiced, Paid IV Fee
2016-10-25     Emailed AOS Package
2016-10-26     Submitted IV Application (DS-260)
2016-10-27     Scan Date
2016-12-07     Received Checklist via Phone, Emailed Checklist Documents
2016-12-08     Case Entered Supervisor Review
2016-12-13     Case Complete Received via Phone
2016-12-15     Interview Date Received via Phone
2016-12-16     Received Interview Letter via Email (Packet 4)
2016-12-16     Case sent to Embassy (75 days at NVC)

Montreal Embassy Timeline
2016-12-19     Embassy Received Case
2017-01-03     Medical
2017-01-26     Interview! (272 days from filing date)
2017-01-26     Interview Results - Approved!
2017-01-27     Visa Issued
2017-01-30     Visa Received

USA Timeline
2017-02-09     POE

2017-02-21     Received SSN
0000-00-00     Received Green Card

Theyre separate because the system has changed. Even look at my timeline! A few years ago you sent the packages separately after each fee was paid, and there was a paper choice of agent and visa application.

~~moved to site discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss